PDA

View Full Version : Realm gates open event

drumtillyoudrop7
08-23-2007, 12:34 AM
I think that every friday or something the gates to the realms should open and everybody rushes in. I think this would make lower levels feel like they can be part of the war because they can team up with others to take them down. Also, higher levels wouldn't just be taking forts and castles over all the time they would actually be invading their enemy.

Also, when a monster that attacks automatically (like tomb guards and golems) become unchallenging, they should no longer attack you automatically, right?

e30ernest
08-23-2007, 05:29 AM
There are plans for this in the future. Once all of your forts and your castle falls under an enemy realm, your gates will be open.

ChadMC
08-23-2007, 08:26 AM
I think it's pretty mean to let level 50 enemies invade the super-low level people that have no chance to defend themselves. But I suppose if the gates are broken down, then the entire realm will come to help defend it. Could be pretty fun actually. :biggrin:

Now capturing all the forts... that is the tricky part.

e30ernest
08-23-2007, 08:31 AM
I think it will force high level people to participate in fort defenses more than small party hunting. I agree that if a gate is broken, the low levels will suffer the most; it will be the responsibility of high level players to defend the realm better.

There is a long discussion about this somewhere in the forums. It has exposed the potential exploits, abuses and problems such a system may create. I would really be impressed with NGD if they pull it off without creating serious in-realm carnage that will discourage new players from playing.

Anpu
08-23-2007, 08:40 AM
But inside ppl do quests, lvl together etc. And when they are boring, they come to wz and "have fun". So, they are not excluded from war.
I dont like that gates will open and enemy can invade low lvl part of realm. Imagine lvl 25 lvling with friends and suddenly some fat dwarf come and hit him once and kill him. And then he revives trying to understand what happened and bam, some archer hit him with Shield piercing and kill him again. Will he continue to play game after so many kills? I mean, every1 knows for wz and accept to be killed there, thats why its wz, but being killed in inner....
Dunno, maybe i m wrong...
Sure, some kind of punishment for loosing all forts must be, but i dont think it ll be just opening gates. Maybe some bonuses to whole realm will be ok, or getting some gold or dunno, but not slaughtering in inner....

fluffy_muffin
08-23-2007, 08:56 AM
[...]
Sure, some kind of punishment for loosing all forts must be, but i dont think it ll be just opening gates. Maybe some bonuses to whole realm will be ok, or getting some gold or dunno, but not slaughtering in inner....
I agree that openning gate is bad idea. And yes there should be some punnishment for fort loosing. Maybe than syrtis will do something to not loossing castle in every 12h and maybe it will not be igni for 8h cause It is so far away! And maby after killing 20 mad dwarfs in algaros someone stay there, cause now it looks like that, defending fort with loot of dead. And than : Vamos a Pinos, Vamos a Samal = altar :>

Angelwinged_Devil
08-23-2007, 10:10 AM
Anpu I think you're wrong, besides you forget the 120 res diz. He will probably have friends who will tell what's going on and will rush to help defend their realm. It will require teamplay to defeat evel.
The guards in the cities would be made harder and the low levels can go there for protection and a fight together with each other. Could also be fun to lure the dragon to your potential XD. Besides it'll take the whole realm to work together. One fort is enough to get the gate repaired and suddenly the tides have turned and the small amount of dudes who made it to the inner realm will now be bait for lower levels.

fluffy_muffin
08-23-2007, 11:25 AM
[...]together. One fort is enough to get the gate repaired and suddenly the tides have turned and the small amount of dudes who made it to the inner realm will now be bait for lower levels.
And suddenly enemy can relog on "safe" ground and login/logoff and killing lonley low-lvl. Yeah great funn.

Asbostrusbo
08-23-2007, 12:28 PM
Its not so traumatic.

The really low levels can take refugee in the initiation zone and be safe.
The medium levels can take a hand in killing the invasors.

Maybe a global warning when the gates are broken would be usefull for all be adviced what to do.

Anpu
08-23-2007, 02:18 PM
First Devil, remember that casting any non attacking spell interrupt ress. diz. Second, probabbly, might and such future things i dont get in consideration. He will probably have friends... And maybe not.
Lets see: what can lvl 16 do to lvl 43? Even if there are 5 lvl 16? What will defend? Free rps?

Guards in the cities are so weak, easy almost all for me (lvl 43). They can only defend city of low lvl invasion. Besides that, there are not too many guards, and even some parts of cities are not well covered with em.

"small amount of dudes..."
LOL, when gate is opened, even lvl 1 will hurry to go into enemy's realm to see how it looks and to make "terror".

" And suddenly enemy can relog on "safe" ground and login/logoff and killing lonley low-lvl. Yeah great funn."
yeah, really great fun... It will take time to clean inner of all hunters and logged off ppl. So, everyone will look for them, and no one or few ppl will try to defend forts so the gate can stay closed.

Global warning system is nice one, it ll be useful but still not agree for opening gates.

Well, but if u want to open gates, then make like in WoW: u cannot attack enemy player if he doesnt have red name (combat mode which lasts xx sec). How he get red name? by attacking enemy players who invaded inner. Simple and useful since those who wants to fight with enemy will attack, those who want to continue solving quests and lvling will do that peacefully.

Inner by story of quests is smthg that is still calm and peaceful but one step closer to WZ. Dont make 2/3 parts of games WZ. WZ is big enough already, it doesnt need expansion.

fluffy_muffin
08-23-2007, 05:16 PM
" And suddenly enemy can relog on "safe" ground and login/logoff and killing lonley low-lvl. Yeah great funn."
yeah, really great fun... It will take time to clean inner of all hunters and logged off ppl. So, everyone will look for them, and no one or few ppl will try to defend forts so the gate can stay closed.

It was sarcastic Anpu :> so i do not uderstand why You reply me this way.

ozizu
08-23-2007, 10:21 PM
maybe just a little restriction?
that char can't attack anything that've 2 time lower lvl?

NightTwix
08-23-2007, 10:46 PM
i cant repeat it often enough:
Opening the realm door is the most stupid idea ever.
The arguments are already written above. Im totally against it.

(and init zone isnt safe either, in ignis you can enter it over the mountains)

Bully
08-24-2007, 01:28 AM
[QUOTE=e30ernest]I think it will force high level people to participate in fort defenses more than small party hunting. I agree that if a gate is broken, the low levels will suffer the most; it will be the responsibility of high level players to defend the realm better.

I think this is a fantastic point and is worth the consideration. Well said.

Excelsior/Unknown Soldier

amade
08-24-2007, 01:46 AM
I'll just repost my old idea:

Make it so you can't get any RP from inside enemy realms to discourage newbie-killings. Let killing inner guards and denizens give you mucho xp or drop extremely rare items to provide incentive for invaders. Since killing the enemy defenders does not give RP they will avoid risking themselves in the inner realm fighting them (maybe defenders can still get RP inside their own realm though). And like the no logging out inside forts idea, you can't log out in enemy realm (you'll be teleported back to your last altar).

The only way invasions can work is if lots of people actually worked together to take all forts and castle and then proceeding to hold the gate. You won't ever have enough men to hold all four structures so if you do manage by dint of effort there will be a limited window of opportunity to get inside the enemy realm to cause massive damage and looting the towns because you can't possibly hold all the forts and castle for long. Possibly, you could hold all forts during off-peak hours but at the same time you wont have a large enough invasion party to go into the inner realm. Also, seeing that if all forts have fallen to enemy hands, there should be a game-mechanic that doubles the gate guards and respawn them at a faster rate (as if the realm is rushing reinforcements to defend the inner realm).

Any realm that lets all their forts and castle be taken by the enemy should get whats coming to them anyway. Shake 'em up a bit and force them to get their act together. ;)

-Edge-
08-24-2007, 02:31 AM
I say we do this, PARTY AT IGNIS. We don't even know what happens if all forts fall, LETS TRY IT>

DuoMaxwell
08-24-2007, 06:38 AM
yes, I would enjoy enetering an enemy realm, I wanna go boss hunting in the goat and greener lands, I could care less about RPs so I wouldn't be bothering anyone that didn't come for me first.

You could get low lvs to help by giving them a save the realm buff. Logging off in an enemy realm should do as forts and pop you out, but if you set home at an alter in there you can keep comming out from there till you log off. The penalty for logging off should be teleportation back to your realm's initiation point.

Everyone in the cities, guards or not shold work to kill you as well, even tho they ar week if you ran into the middle of say medenet you would be swarmed by 50 odd npcs. But yess, leet guards should be Lv50 or so tho.

Anpu
08-24-2007, 09:22 AM
It was sarcastic Anpu :> so i do not uderstand why You reply me this way.
I know it was sarcastic, I just agreed with that opinion that it wont be fun at all including that possibility. U didnt understand me ;)

Angelwinged_Devil
08-24-2007, 03:59 PM
First Devil, remember that casting any non attacking spell interrupt ress. diz. Second, probabbly, might and such future things i dont get in consideration. He will probably have friends... And maybe not.
Lets see: what can lvl 16 do to lvl 43? Even if there are 5 lvl 16? What will defend? Free rps?

Guards in the cities are so weak, easy almost all for me (lvl 43). They can only defend city of low lvl invasion. Besides that, there are not too many guards, and even some parts of cities are not well covered with em.

make them stronger, or let some extra guards come out from the closed doors (spawn in front of them) and let the city swarm with guards, everyone can take place there, guards will respawn at normal rate (which I think is 30 seconds)

"small amount of dudes..."
LOL, when gate is opened, even lvl 1 will hurry to go into enemy's realm to see how it looks and to make "terror".

and then the low levels in the own realm will have a chance too ;)

How would you feel if you were trapped inside another realm? You can't get out.

Global warning system is nice one, it ll be useful but still not agree for opening gates.

agreed, and maybe some sort of warinstrument will be done and heard all over the realm to prepare for attacks.

Well, but if u want to open gates, then make like in WoW: u cannot attack enemy player if he doesnt have red name (combat mode which lasts xx sec). How he get red name? by attacking enemy players who invaded inner. Simple and useful since those who wants to fight with enemy will attack, those who want to continue solving quests and lvling will do that peacefully.

everyone needs a break from levelling, and motivation to see what exitement they're going to get in the war zone.

Inner by story of quests is smthg that is still calm and peaceful but one step closer to WZ. Dont make 2/3 parts of games WZ. WZ is big enough already, it doesnt need expansion.
when I started really running around the war zone I suddenly realised how small it was according to my expectations.
A logical mind would know how long it would take to hold the enemys all three forts and still have a party inside the realm to attack the players.

drumtillyoudrop7
08-25-2007, 07:03 AM
Ok, maybe I can add to my original idea. Maybe, there could be an option to either be able to fight/get fought or stay out of it. To prevent people from abusing the option to their own advantage, it could have a cooldown of 3 minutes or something. It could even have an icon in the actions list (with clapping, resting, etc) so people cold hotkey it.

fluffy_muffin
08-25-2007, 08:50 AM
I know it was sarcastic, I just agreed with that opinion that it wont be fun at all including that possibility. U didnt understand me ;)

Oh. :) o.k.

Anpu
08-25-2007, 04:48 PM
and then the low levels in the own realm will have a chance too ;)
As I know, all have chance to enter in WZ.

How would you feel if you were trapped inside another realm? You can't get out. 1) there is always suicide option so u are not trapped
2) Personally, I wouldnt bother,I have suicide if i want to get out. When i m tired of hunting in enemy's realm, ll just exit on that way.

everyone needs a break from levelling, and motivation to see what exitement they're going to get in the war zone. Like i said, WZ is available for all, so they can take a look there and seek "excitement" as they do all the time. I have seen even lvl 15 players and less. Hm, how will they lvl in inner if u let enemies in?

when I started really running around the war zone I suddenly realised how small it was according to my expectations.
A logical mind would know how long it would take to hold the enemys all three forts and still have a party inside the realm to attack the players. Once u enter, its no worry how u ll get back. It ll be just like taking forts: u ll be killed and respawned on your altar or when u re tired of ruining fun of low lvl players, press button Die. So, dont expect to exit on gate, even teoretically is impossible if gate is closed after first fort is back.

I ll remind u something that u maybe dont know, or u forgot or never were in that time. Early morning (in my time gmt+1), Ignis usually lunch attacks on all Syrtis forts. Why? Not too many players are online in that time, so its easy to capture forts. We had very hard battle, lots of RPs were given just to get back Herbred, since there were no so many high lvl Syrtis players.
And plus this same thing about morning attacks, Twix or someone else from Ignis posted in RO forum, I ll try to find it.

Angelwinged_Devil
08-26-2007, 12:03 PM
As I know, all have chance to enter in WZ.

it's just the trick of getting the lower levels out there in a group, besides there's only one way in, make some people guard it.

1) there is always suicide option so u are not trapped
2) Personally, I wouldnt bother,I have suicide if i want to get out. When i m tired of hunting in enemy's realm, ll just exit on that way.
I thought you meant if he chosed a save pillar and then got resurrected inside the realm. Anyways it's not really that big of a mess, a hunter can scavage the realm for these. there probably aren't that many in there since the rest of their army is used on keeping castle + two forts so the gate will remain open, it just takes the whole syrtis army to storm herbred/stone and the gates are closed again. Takes 2 minutes to run from the gate to herbred. ten players could also camp their own gate inside and kill the entering doods.

Like i said, WZ is available for all, so they can take a look there and seek "excitement" as they do all the time. I have seen even lvl 15 players and less. Hm, how will they lvl in inner if u let enemies in?

do you have any idea how hard it is to keep all three realm forts from the enemy and have him have none? Now that's hard, try looking on the regnum war status and see how often that happens.

Once u enter, its no worry how u ll get back. It ll be just like taking forts: u ll be killed and respawned on your altar or when u re tired of ruining fun of low lvl players, press button Die. So, dont expect to exit on gate, even teoretically is impossible if gate is closed after first fort is back.

as I said before saving in the inner realm would be really stupid, if you are left in there as I said before a hutner can scavenge the inner realm :p.

I ll remind u something that u maybe dont know, or u forgot or never were in that time. Early morning (in my time gmt+1), Ignis usually lunch attacks on all Syrtis forts. Why? Not too many players are online in that time, so its easy to capture forts. We had very hard battle, lots of RPs were given just to get back Herbred, since there were no so many high lvl Syrtis players.
And plus this same thing about morning attacks, Twix or someone else from Ignis posted in RO forum, I ll try to find it.
Time will tell in that time how many high levellers we got there. I've been in another morning where syrtis launched an attack on all alsius forts/castle, we did not succeed

hps
08-28-2007, 05:56 PM
I've been thinking about this...

What if there was a time limit? When all forts are captured, you can rush into the enemy realm, but the countdown only lasts for 10 minutes.

In this time you need to walk up to the gate, kill all the guards on both sides of the gate and try to get into the town to create carneage.

If you are still inside the realm when the 10 min countdown ends you will get smitten down by some magical defense system. Fire rain from the sky or whatever. Plus you'll get 15% necro

There shouldn't be to many really low-lvl players around the closest city to the gate. And there is no chance that the enemies have time to get to the other towns before they die

NightTwix
08-28-2007, 07:35 PM
there are lots of dangerous downsides when this will be introduced
are there any upsides?! :confused2:

Tyr
08-28-2007, 08:08 PM
There only one and only if you enjoy picking on the helpless.

ByteMe
08-28-2007, 08:49 PM
there are lots of dangerous downsides when this will be introduced
are there any upsides?! :confused2:

NightTwix, one advantage I see is it would give other realms the oppurtunity to hunt the different Legendary and Epic creatures for their drops. Maybe even do the quests of another realm, extra gold/xp since you are in a different realm. I don't think you should be able to kill noobs until they attack, then everything is fair game.

Just my two cents worth :metal:

Angelwinged_Devil
08-29-2007, 08:08 AM
why can people only see the negative in this? Game is about communication and teamplay. Wouldn't it be teamplay that the lower levels sought together to defeat eval. The higher players would save the lower players as much as possible, plus it attracts fort battles.

Mind you when I imagine gate doors being open I imagine syrtis' being open to people, not the enemys.

Anpu
08-29-2007, 12:51 PM
NightTwix, one advantage I see is it would give other realms the oppurtunity to hunt the different Legendary and Epic creatures for their drops. Maybe even do the quests of another realm, extra gold/xp since you are in a different realm. I don't think you should be able to kill noobs until they attack, then everything is fair game.

Just my two cents worth :metal:
Our "bosses" dont drop anything but emerald etc (and gooood xp) yet (Syrtians, correct me if i m wrong). But maybe its better that NGD make Invasion day. That day all "bosses" and all lvl animals(option) from all realms will spawn in War Zone on some particular place(area in wz) or random in all 3 parts of wz (it ll be harder to find em...). That day will be sometimes, not very often, but unexpected, no one will know when it ll happen. That will give opportunity to 3 realms to fight together against monsters and bosses who invaded lands... And maybe there ll be counter of time left till monsters and bosses enter in inner.
So, u can defend your realm, and for that u ll get maybe some cool item, which is better than RPs and all negative sides of enemy invasion.
If i can remember of intro video, there was smthg about fight 3 realms in lands full of dangerous creatures etc.

fluffy_muffin
08-29-2007, 12:57 PM
Our "bosses" dont drop anything but emerald etc (and gooood xp) yet (Syrtians, correct me if i m wrong). But maybe its better that NGD .
Avalon drop stone token +10% blounting dmg

BTW. in Alius you can get jewlery from quests, treiner etc. on start :/ so if you have warrior form syrtis and warrior from alsius with same stats than this jewlery can make diff. IMVHO

_lazarus_
08-29-2007, 06:15 PM
(and init zone isnt safe either, in ignis you can enter it over the mountains)

This is fixed, i tested it a few weeks ago :biggrin:

Tyr
08-29-2007, 06:26 PM
why can people only see the negative in this?

Why? I guess you have not seen the large number of posts of people unhappy they died in the war zone. Now if the gates were open you can be assured there would be ten times that when they died inside the walls. You give people far too much credit. There are an enough people here that seem to have nothing better to do the find way to destroy other people’s fun. Open you eyes there is far too much negative here to out weigh and benefit.

Angelwinged_Devil
08-29-2007, 06:29 PM
Our "bosses" dont drop anything but emerald etc (and gooood xp) yet (Syrtians, correct me if i m wrong). But maybe its better that NGD make Invasion day. That day all "bosses" and all lvl animals(option) from all realms will spawn in War Zone on some particular place(area in wz) or random in all 3 parts of wz (it ll be harder to find em...). That day will be sometimes, not very often, but unexpected, no one will know when it ll happen. That will give opportunity to 3 realms to fight together against monsters and bosses who invaded lands... And maybe there ll be counter of time left till monsters and bosses enter in inner.
So, u can defend your realm, and for that u ll get maybe some cool item, which is better than RPs and all negative sides of enemy invasion.
If i can remember of intro video, there was smthg about fight 3 realms in lands full of dangerous creatures etc.

you are very wrong, they do get some nice drops. Sanbro some staffs (haven't seen this one yet though) Satarco 3 nice weapons, another weapon I can't remember also I can't remember from which boss, and vesper, ximerald bow :p. rizofag (also called fag) gives a shield for knight level 31. It has only one weakness, ice (if I remember correctly) and it'll stop the lightning spell from warlocks from doing much damage, and the lightning arrow from marksman too. Excellent is the modifier on lightning damage ;).

intro video in the game? Three realms looking for supremacy :)

NightTwix
08-31-2007, 07:57 PM
you are very wrong, they do get some nice drops. Sanbro some staffs (haven't seen this one yet though) Satarco 3 nice weapons, another weapon I can't remember also I can't remember from which boss, and vesper, ximerald bow :p. rizofag (also called fag) gives a shield for knight level 31. It has only one weakness, ice (if I remember correctly) and it'll stop the lightning spell from warlocks from doing much damage, and the lightning arrow from marksman too. Excellent is the modifier on lightning damage ;).

intro video in the game? Three realms looking for supremacy :)

read that, jim & chad!
;)