PDA

View Full Version : Lame or Tactics?

Bundy
09-04-2007, 01:44 PM
This is a non discussion thread. Donīt discuss with others about there oppinion, just write what you think about the points! I am only interested what most people think about these topics and thats why I want to avoid any discussions, as this would make this thread way to long and end up in big flamewars :biggrin: If you want to discuss with other people, put it in here: http://www.regnumonline.com.ar/forum/showthread.php?p=153645#post153645

Write your answers the way I will do it in the following post, to make this thread readable. Proofing your point with a small note is always welcome. Thanks for sharing your oppinion.

1.) Killing yourself (water/mobs) before the enemys can catch you

2.) Running instead of fighting

3.) overhelming the enemys with a large army

4.) attacking lower level players (unchallenging/very easy)

5.) Altarcamping (***edited, was meant to be altarcamping and not gatecamping***)

6.) Teleportercamping

Bundy
09-04-2007, 01:44 PM
1.) Tactic: It is not smart to fight a 5v1 fight. I dont see a point giving them any reward (RP) for being to slow to catch me, especially not if they are in advantage. Killing yourself, when you allready got attacked will reward them anyways! In rare situations you can stay alive when you reach the other side of the river, so you could call it accidently dying *haha*.

2.) Tactic: If I clearly know that I canīt win, I would run. I would never stay in that situation just to die in honor. If the enemy isnt able to catch me, he should not get any reward. If he got troubles that he will waste time because of chasing me, dont chase me or be faster!

3.) Tactic: War is not fair and being able to get more players together has to be rewarded. Of course, it is never fun to be in the team that got no chance there, but thats why I think 1) or 2) is just not lame.

4.) Tactic: Even I hate to get bashed by high level players, I would do it, too. Not because I love to bash lowlevelplayers, but just because I know they would attack me, when they have a chance to win (i.e. 3v1).

5.) Lame: If there is really no way to escape to the teleporter/next fort in 2 minutes(dizzyness), it is abusive using it, as there wouldnt be any chance in surviving.

6.) Lame: killing the teleporter have to be impossible.

magnet
09-04-2007, 04:25 PM
1) Lame: if you're gonna die, why do you care about giving Rps? Still better than necro, and the party is the one responsible of your death be it by suicide or not in the first place. Really lame.

2) Tactic: that's the game

3) Tactic: but I don't like it even if I'm in the overpowering side, that's no fun... but often you have no choice you leave with your group and 5 people follow you.

4) Tactic: nothing wrong with that, a level 40 is unchallenging to me doesn't mean he can kill me if he knows his skills..

5-6) Lame: what's the diff between telecamping/gatecamping? the camping is lame, killing the teleporter doesn't matter (he respawns fast) and is just a way of preventing 1 or 2 runners from escaping the WZ (from the fight). CAMPING (ie, staying at the gate waiting for people to come) is indeed lame.

7) Altar camping, and mostly altar attacking (because there are always afk people at the altar): Lame

Injury
09-04-2007, 04:38 PM
1.) Killing yourself (water/mobs) before the enemys can catch you: Tactic
I don't like giving the enemy points!!! It's cheap, but I'm sure I'm not the only one who would be doing it.

2.) Running instead of fighting: Tactic
It's common sense : If you are outnumbered or outmatched, you run!

3.) overhelming the enemys with a large army: Tactic
This is war, and if they don't have an army, then I don't know what to think

4.) attacking lower level players (unchallenging/very easy):Lame/Tactic
If there are a bunch of them, with a bunch of higher leveled characters, I wouldn't bother. Take out the big players, then the little ones

5.) Gatecamping: LAME
Obvious reasons
6.) Teleportercamping: LAME
" "
camping is lame altogether, unless they insult you.

amade
09-04-2007, 05:06 PM
[deleted]
edit: sorry, I forgot about the part where it says this is a non-discussion thread. Therefore I will reserve my opinion on a previous post.

As for what's lame and what's not, I don't see why my own opinion should matter anyway. It's other people who are making judgements on you. You only have to keep that in mind. If you don't mind people calling you lame, fine. Just as long you're not troubled by it, or get into trouble for it.

edit again: Please refer to this post for more information:
http://www.regnumonline.com.ar/forum/showpost.php?p=153690&postcount=5
and again:
1. lame, if you're giving up any hope of escaping you might as well stand and give 'em a hard time.
2. not lame, but not necessarily tactics either
3. not lame, though it is doubtless a tactic it's really just luck that you have a bigger army imo
4. could be lame, could be not. This is a very open ended argument.
5&6. definitely lame.

Malich
09-04-2007, 06:36 PM
1.) Rather lame: I try not to do it.... but of course people will still do it, and i don't hold it against them.
2.) A key tactic. After all, hit-and-RUN is a highly effective tactic. Indeed, without this tactic hunters would be pathetic. If in a party though, things are different- people have a role to play in a party; they should play it unless they are really low level, or are badly outmatched. :viking: The worst thing to see, imo, are other healers, knowing they can't fight, running away and leaving their party to die lol :tsk_tsk:
3.) Fine by me (but a tactic? lol).
4.) Tactics. The WZ is a dangerous place. They'll try to kill you if you give them half a chance (though i try not to attack the ones who greet me, that don't attack.... although my class can't do that anyway lol so you can ignore my opinion here.
5 and 6.) Lame :( I suppose it's ok to camp at the destination of a teleporter (not the gate ones, i mean the little ones that look like stone treestumps) if that's what you're asking, especially if you know that someone (e.g. a certain ignis hunter...) is running towards a concealed teleporting stone- after all, if you use those stones you know that it's a risky thing to do. The arcane enchantments are not to be used by the faint of heart :no:
If you want to comment on my comments, pm me, don't use this thread.

Vroek
09-04-2007, 08:29 PM
1.) Killing yourself - Lame - If you put youself in situtation you can't handle, it's very lame just ruins everyones fun. Quite good fix by ngd still it much more fun with fight than get RP from losers that just degrade their own realm.

2.) Running instead of fighting - Lame - If its a fair fight running or calling for help is quite lame. Fair fights are against the same class and level or classes that you are supposed to beat.

3.) overhelming the enemys with a large army - Lame - Just as lame as killing low levels, but this is normal game play only repeat ganking is truly lame.

4.) attacking lower level players - Lame - Normal game play, only repeat killing is truly lame.

5.) Altarcamping - Lame - If you kill people more than once its lame, people should try not to escape to saves and attackers should try to avoid going there.

6.) Teleportercamping - Lame - Again repeat killing would be lame but simply fighting in the area is normal game play.

It all lame, so what? :biggrin:

NightTwix
09-04-2007, 09:55 PM
easy

1.) most lame thing you can do

2.) tactic, if you dont let down your buddie

3.) tactic

4.) tactic? maybe the wrong term. but its not lame

5.) lame

6.) lame

putkonen
09-04-2007, 10:36 PM
1. Lame
2. Tactic
3. Tactic(?)
4. Tactic(?)
5. Lame
6. Lame

daflear
09-04-2007, 10:40 PM
1 tactic
2 tactic
3 tactic
4 tactic
5 lame
6 lame

e30G
09-05-2007, 04:22 AM
1.) Killing yourself (water/mobs) before the enemys can catch you
Lame. It's cowardly, gives your enemy easy rp (if they already landed damage to you) and gives you 5% necro.
Tactic Like Twix said, if you aren't leaving your comrades behind its fine and is probably the smart thing to do.
3.) overhelming the enemys with a large army
Tactic? I'm not sure if it can be called a tactic, but if you are lucky enough to be in a large group then why not? There is strength in numbers.
4.) attacking lower level players (unchallenging/very easy)
Tactic? This has been debated, personally any player in the warzone should know that he is open to attack and should not whine if he got killed.
5.) Altarcamping (***edited, was meant to be altarcamping and not gatecamping***)
Lame
6.) Teleportercamping
Lame

Ertial
09-05-2007, 05:17 PM
1.) Killing yourself (water/mobs) before the enemies can catch you
Lame
Tactic
3.) Overhelming the enemys with a large army
Tactic
4.) Attacking lower level players (unchallenging/very easy)
Tactic
5.) Altarcamping
Lame
6.) Teleportercamping
Lame