PDA

View Full Version : How good and populated is the game?

freakomar
10-15-2007, 02:02 AM
Well my title says it. Im downloading it atm. How GOOD is the game? And how many people actively play it?

Will I ever feel im the only one running about? Or will I see alot of people around?

ArcticWolf
10-15-2007, 02:04 AM
Hmm... I think that an average of 300~500 players per day.

It's one of the best MMORPG's that I've played.

See you on the forums!

PS: The beginner zones are usually unpopulated, but there's always someone willing to help.

Comp
10-15-2007, 02:05 AM
I've played UO and WOW - I LOVE this game - the people and action once you get high enough in levels is GREAT!

ByteMe
10-15-2007, 02:28 AM
Freak,

When I started several months ago it was very sparse in the beginner zone but once I hit the war zone it was much better. After the latest patch, I was wondering around the beginner zones and there were lots of people playing and leveling together with more joining everyday. If you choose Alsius I'd be more than happy to help...

freakomar
10-15-2007, 02:33 AM
Ah cool thanks guys... Im done downloading it, but I cant seem to get it to run... I get "Could not establish connection with the server" do you guys know why? Help please :metal:

Bully
10-15-2007, 02:33 AM
other than the fact that they're having problems with the server right now, this game is awesome. and addictive. there are usually anywhere from 300 - 500 ppl playing at any given time. but that's between the three realms. when you choose one you won't be able to communicate with the other 2. only to kill them :)

just saw your new message. the server is down. hardware problems i think. it'll be up again tonite or tomorrow morning. and don't forget to join Alsius when you log in :)

freakomar
10-15-2007, 02:34 AM
Hahaha oh I see. Thanks, thats awesome - which of the 3 realms is most populated though?

Bully
10-15-2007, 02:38 AM
Hahaha oh I see. Thanks, thats awesome - which of the 3 realms is most populated though?

Syrtis is way overpopulated. I'd say Alsius is the least populated but even then there are always plenty of ppl around. I'm not sure if Alsius or Ignis has the most english speaking people. there are a LOT of spanish ppl here due to the fact it's an argentinian game :beerchug:

freakomar
10-15-2007, 02:40 AM
Eek espaniol!

Anyway, I cant wait to play the game... Also what else is there to do? PvE and PvP seems fun - but is there crafting etc?

Since its down why not take ur time and tell me what YOU love to do and the features the game has :D Hype me up a bit more ^^

jrlg23
10-15-2007, 02:44 AM
the population in the game has grown in the pass year i played. it use to be no english players in ignis if there was i didnt know who. now the realm is one the riches in english players also the game has gone from like 200-300 users to 400-500 users each day and is just growing every day so u might feel a couple of lags on weekends. the first area now days u find many players and u might fund some english players to talk to. right now the server is having problems so it be bck up tomorrow. let us know wat realm u pick later

freakomar
10-15-2007, 02:48 AM
Awesome, will do - I'll most probably take Syrtis though.

Bully
10-15-2007, 02:48 AM
Here are the basics.... you start at initiation island and work your way through what we call the safe-zone. there are a total of about 175 quests to help you get up through the lvls. you can be a mage, warrior, or archer in the beginning. at lvl 10 you choose a subclass. warlock, conjuror, knight, barbarian, hunter, or marksman. when you get to around lvl 30 or higher, you can safely (sort of) go into the warzone. there you can continue to lvl til you hit 50 (highest lvl) and fight the other two realms either by hunting them individually or fighting at fort wars. these are the bare basics. it would take me 25 hours to tell you everything. since the server is down read the forums and the info on regnums page.

ArcticWolf
10-15-2007, 02:56 AM
Eek espaniol!

Anyway, I cant wait to play the game... Also what else is there to do? PvE and PvP seems fun - but is there crafting etc?

Since its down why not take ur time and tell me what YOU love to do and the features the game has :D Hype me up a bit more ^^

First of all, I'm a Spanish player, so forgive me if you find my English a little bit unnatural.

This game is war centered. The story goes something like this:

We had one big and large realm that fas formed by ignis+syrtis, and then alsius in the mountains, at north. One day, some elfs on Syrtis tried to perform some necromancy ritual and were sent to the exile -and hopefully to the oblivion- by the rest of the mages. Some Alturians escaped, met with the group of necromancers and headed for a new promised land on the desert (yeah, it sounds a little bit biblical, but that's the point). When they got to their new land the elfs turned their skin to a bluish colour.

Meanwhile, Alsius had population problems or something like that with those goat-like creatures called Ughtars, the dwarfs and humans. Their resources turned scarcer, so they got to find new lands and expand their territory.

Nowadays you have Syrtis (the green kingdom, the "lettuces", wood elfs, humans and semi-elfs), Ignis (the red kingdom, often called "tomatoes", with dark elfs, humans and moloks) and Alsius (the blue kingdom, mostly full of goats and dwarves) fighting for the WarZone, a piece of land the middle of the map.
What I like from this game is the Conjurer role, it's the only one who can heal, buff and revive people. It's very customizable, with almost 250 spells.

freakomar
10-15-2007, 03:00 AM
Good stuff... Thanks guys, looks like a fun RvR game.

Im actually not at all a F2P game liker, but theres just something about Regnum that is really appealing to me. Also the fact that theres not ALOT of people means I can get to know most of them very well, and thats the fun part.

I cant wait to play it - bring up teh servers plx !

Also I just wanna know, is there crafting in the game? I'm not a big crafting fan, just a HUGE PvP fan but just wanna know if there is crafting.

e30G
10-15-2007, 03:02 AM
Nope there is no crafting. If you join Syrtis and need help, drop our clan a line. :) We are always happy to help new players. ;)

Bully
10-15-2007, 03:03 AM
no crafting yet but i do believe there will be in the future

freakomar
10-15-2007, 03:07 AM
Oh ok cool. Thanks e30ernest :) Is your clan a huge one? Like does it have alot of active players? ;D

ArcticWolf
10-15-2007, 03:09 AM
I cant wait to play it - bring up teh servers plx !

Also I just wanna know, is there crafting in the game? I'm not a big crafting fan, just a HUGE PvP fan but just wanna know if there is crafting.

It's not implemented yet. I'll tell you something funny about this game: it was made by 8 people with less budget than a mortgage. In other words, it's a miracle what the devs have done.

The people on NGD are working in order to solve all the lag problems, but this one (the server being down) it's a problem of the company that hosts the server in Sweden. The only thing we (NGD included) can do is to wait.

freakomar
10-15-2007, 03:11 AM
Woah! 8 People... this game is like DAMN good for a 8 man team. Awesome job...

Wyatt
10-15-2007, 03:12 AM
Hi freakomar,

Welcome to this wonderful community of Regnum Online :).

The servers are all currently offline due to some problems and wont be up till probably tommorow, all we can do is wait.

Regards

freakomar
10-15-2007, 03:13 AM
Thanks jpicon :)

Yeah im waiting patiently :)

DemonMonger
10-15-2007, 03:43 AM
Join Ignis Bro!

e30G
10-15-2007, 03:44 AM
Oh ok cool. Thanks e30ernest :) Is your clan a huge one? Like does it have alot of active players? ;D

We currently have 157 members but not all of them are active. Most of our members are from Europe and the US so our clan is most active on their day time. We also have members from Australia and Asia but they are fewer so the clan is less active during their day time.

prestontiger
10-15-2007, 04:04 AM
wow you started the thread I was going to, im downloading the client right now as well.

So tell me guys whats the best side to join for an english speaker???

See everyone soon

Kiirani
10-15-2007, 04:06 AM
wow you started the thread I was going to, im downloading the client right now as well.

See everyone soon

None of us would know, you don't get to communicate with other realms :P everyone will probably say that their own realm has lots of english speaking folks. Just pick the one you like best.

Wyatt
10-15-2007, 04:10 AM
Hi prestontiger,

Welcome to this fantastic community of Regnum Online.

As you might have read the servers are offline due to some problems and wont be up till probably tommorow.

Other than that, all the 3 Realms have a good decent amount of English users as well as from all parts of the world, so pick the realm your would like.

Regards.

Comp
10-15-2007, 04:26 AM
There's plenty of english speakers running around and most the spanish one's can speak english as well. Any of the three realms are fine to choose from for english speaking players. I myself am in Alsius.

amade
10-15-2007, 05:27 AM

See everyone soon

Join Alsius or I will clobber you everytime I see you in the wz :D

j/k

Doesn't matter which realm you join there will be enough English speakers for you to interact with. It's best if you try to get know the game and its people a bit and then join an English speaking clan. You won't feel lonely at all.

DuoMaxwell
10-15-2007, 07:38 AM

See everyone soon

Ignis, tho most mature clans these days don;t go looking for low lv members as most of them are one hit wonders tho theres some n00bs running around nobody wants in any clan.

Once the server is back up if you want help in ignis look up my chars, I'll most likely be on Yo and Duo doing the recently added quests.

Angelwinged_Devil
10-15-2007, 08:11 AM
hello, well it's a nice game. But I cna tell you that the server usually isn't down this much.

First you'll level up to 30 or 31. Around there you should have a decent character to get out in the war zone where all three realms meet and fight all day long, one big zone of pwnage if you may say so. Although you can go out there in level 25 unless you're a warrior just to help defend one of the forts there are. There are 6 of these and 3 castles, 2 forts and 1 castle for each realm. Each fort can be captured by any realm, but if the fort in one realm is taken by another that whole realm will come and try to take it back.

Hope that sounds interesting. I can tell that my first time in the war zone involved no sleep due to the excitement ;).

Oh and if you'll probably like this. http://www.regnumonline.com.ar/forum/showthread.php?t=12656 it's a complete clan registry and it'll tell you about the choises of clans you have whether you join Syrtis(the realm I'm in) Ignis or Alsius. In syrtis there's also some national clans such as polish and german if that's your native language.

See you in game :)

Oh and if I should be honest you should join Alsius, they seriously need some firepower and you seem to be oncomming and very promising firepower :D

Envy
10-15-2007, 08:14 AM
The best advice I could give to you new players is...

"Ign1s is t3h secks".

Nah just choose whichever appeals to you the most, I'm sure you will be able to find a nice group of English speakers once there.

freakomar
10-15-2007, 12:54 PM
Lol so many replies... Thanks guys! And im gonna make a HUGE thread of a few MMORPG sites to advertise Regnum... Servers still offline, going to school in 7 minutes :( I hope they're up when I come home.

Wyatt
10-15-2007, 12:56 PM
Lol so many replies... Thanks guys! And im gonna make a HUGE thread of a few MMORPG sites to advertise Regnum... Servers still offline, going to school in 7 minutes :( I hope they're up when I come home.

Hopefully they will (I HOPE, THEY BE UP!!)

Regards, good luck in school.

freakomar
10-15-2007, 12:57 PM
Hehe thanks. Just moved to the US and I hate high school here, I just dont like the system of education :( plus no friends really...

MMORPGS ARE MY FRIEND :P

ncvr
10-15-2007, 01:03 PM
If you join Syrtis, there's quite a few english speaking clans out there...Like ours, Inquisition, as well as GoP and Order of Daggers which are what i can think of off the top of my head. If you wanna join Inquisition, contact Anpu, Malich, Stooge, Kaeleeya or Galynn...There's probably plenty others, but that's all I can think of. To be honest, I think Alsius has the most english players, but lots of spanish ppl can speak english too so it's hard to compare.

freakomar
10-15-2007, 01:03 PM
oh ok cool... thanks

freakomar
10-15-2007, 01:04 PM
well off to school now bye! thank you all :)

magnet
10-15-2007, 01:04 PM
Wow, Syrtis is so appealing with pale elves... "I want to be Legolas, yeepee". No wonder why most 13 years old choose it :D. As an Ignitan, I'd enjoy life in Alsius as well but Syrtis? Never :D

Smiley2k7
10-15-2007, 04:49 PM
Beacuse you got blue ears? And Moloks are like Arnie :biggrin:

Fethrin
10-15-2007, 04:53 PM
It seems to be good.

I am level 20 in two different areas, and I must say that I enjoy the game and generally the people seem friendly. As with all MMORPG's (I've played a few) there are always the odd ones that upset things, but here this seems to happen less.
Some big advantages appear to be that there are diverse NPCs in any one area, whose combat grade changes as you level up, the terraines are both expansive and diverse, and you have more control during combat than many I have played.

One really big advantage is that the devs don't interefere, or at least they don't seem to; they let you get on with the game, and they have the courtesy to advise you when the system is going offline.
Thanks for that guys, I appreciate it.

Be cautious about the clan you join. There are differing aspects in each clan - here is a good thread link that gives the English speaking clans for you:

http://www.regnumonline.com.ar/forum/showthread.php?t=12656

Good luck.
Fethrin

ArcticWolf
10-15-2007, 05:31 PM
Wow, Syrtis is so appealing with pale elves... "I want to be Legolas, yeepee". No wonder why most 13 years old choose it :D. As an Ignitan, I'd enjoy life in Alsius as well but Syrtis? Never :D

When I was playing at the beta stage I used to say that... After the game was released officially I moved to Syrtis because of my friends (and some other personal reasons).

jrlg23
10-15-2007, 06:11 PM
When I was playing at the beta stage I used to say that... After the game was released officially I moved to Syrtis because of my friends (and some other personal reasons).
shut u pt:) im goin to pop u with a arrow:)

Wyatt
10-15-2007, 06:15 PM
Amun is opened now, and Muspell also, only Ra is missing :).

freakomar
10-15-2007, 08:57 PM
awesome guys im gonna play Ignis (I think) starting game now :D ill keep u posted

ArcticWolf
10-15-2007, 11:05 PM
shut u pt:) im goin to pop u with a arrow:)

Hehehe, you're one of my friends too... But it was difficult for me to see you online.

misaccc
10-15-2007, 11:56 PM
awesome guys im gonna play Ignis (I think) starting game now :D ill keep u posted

hey dude welcome to regnum and nice choice of realm^^
ull find a lot english speakers around and hope u like us all:)
ps.this maybe isnt the right place but i gotta say i wont be playin for a while(like 1-2weeks) ill be only posting

-Edge-
10-15-2007, 11:59 PM
Welcome to Ignis yea :p *Psst.. join my clan :devil: