PDA

View Full Version : Is this LAME?

ByteMe
10-18-2007, 07:19 PM
Ok I have a question for the realms...

Scenario:
I'm out leveling alone or in a small group and get jumped by superior numbers. I run and jump in the hole at Pozo to avoid giving RPs. I can be followed so it doesn't prevent the kill just makes it more "costly" for the attackers.

I wanted other opinions on this.

Lame or tactics?

Yes, I've done this so feel free to flame.

BTW - This is my first post with a poll so sorry if it doesn't work...

Dee-luxX
10-18-2007, 07:24 PM
Tactic, if they want you rp they should bear the 5% necro.

Otherwise, they go empty handed, and you get the 5% necro which isn't that bad specially if you are allready leveling.

PS: ITS NOT the same as drowning.

BlooD
10-18-2007, 07:38 PM
For me its lame, this game is not about giving or not rp. Its about killing people and if they kill you the better you can do is run to where you were killed and take vengeance. If you want to wait 90 seconds for 5% necro and when you come again to the place you lvl (we are talking about pozo in 30 seconds you are there again) and see you realm mates killing the ones who maked you run, well its your problem, but i am sure you are not getting a lot of fun

ArcticWolf
10-18-2007, 08:14 PM
It's kind of a useless tactic, you get killed or you earn 5% necro.

Reuhman
10-18-2007, 08:26 PM
i think it's a very good tactic because in alsius we're kind of very bad at teamplaying and a few times i had to jump here alone because no one wanted to follow and in the end i got killed. so obviously: very good tactic.

waxwork
10-18-2007, 08:30 PM
I personnaly rather face the oponent if I cant run away and die in a fight... but I know some would blame me to give up RPs :-)
This game is about killing or being killed, so I wont call it lame if it's your choice to take your opponent to death this way and if you have fun (that's actually the most important, I think)... but I cant figure it as a tactic either. Can you add a "neither, it depends on situation" vote? ;-)

Wax

magnet
10-18-2007, 08:31 PM
I totally agree with Blood and yesterday we exchanged Rps back and forth at Menirah & Pinos ;) (yes, the meteor while you were casting terror at Menirah was me ;D).

Comp
10-18-2007, 08:35 PM
i think it's a very good tactic because in alsius we're kind of very bad at teamplaying and a few times i had to jump here alone because no one wanted to follow and in the end i got killed. so obviously: very good tactic.

I always jump in for the kill :)

makarios68
10-18-2007, 08:41 PM
It's like drowning: it sucks - coz either way you die.

You might as well die fighting.

If enemies run from me into the hole, i usually go after them.

I don't care about the 5% necro - i'll soon shake it off.

magnet
10-18-2007, 08:55 PM
The thing is you Alsius goats have your altar very close, but when we're out hunting in the Pozo (what goats obviously don't do :p) and see someone jumping in, we're not gonna stop hunting for one lamer. Too bad the pozo is so deep, if it was 20m deep, we could still kill him from above.

And Makarios said exactly why it's lame: because even by doing that you'll die.

jrlg23
10-18-2007, 09:51 PM
is kind hard for me to say cuz once u fall in the hole in pozo is not likly u be followed but still either way u die. but in 1 hand u die with 5 necro which u can shake off in the other u give up rps if u stay fighting. in my books is wat u think is right.

DemonMonger
10-19-2007, 06:41 AM
Ok I have a question for the realms...

Scenario:
I'm out leveling alone or in a small group and get jumped by superior numbers. I run and jump in the hole at Pozo to avoid giving RPs. I can be followed so it doesn't prevent the kill just makes it more "costly" for the attackers.

I wanted other opinions on this.

Lame or tactics?

Yes, I've done this so feel free to flame.

BTW - This is my first post with a poll so sorry if it doesn't work...

this is an excellent tactic...
1) if they follow you in then they will have to take longer to get back to alsius...
2) if they send a pet after you you are screwed lol
3) if they kill you you wont get necro...
4) they are stuck

DemonMonger
10-19-2007, 06:42 AM
For me its lame, this game is not about giving or not rp. Its about killing people and if they kill you the better you can do is run to where you were killed and take vengeance. If you want to wait 90 seconds for 5% necro and when you come again to the place you lvl (we are talking about pozo in 30 seconds you are there again) and see you realm mates killing the ones who maked you run, well its your problem, but i am sure you are not getting a lot of fun

unless you are at a fort.. the enemy is never where they killed you ...:thumb_down:

Myxir
10-19-2007, 12:08 PM
For me it is lame. Show your honor and die in a fight. :thumb_down:

Smiley2k7
10-19-2007, 12:21 PM
Well, you do die either way :lol:
I would had done the same thing as you. But since I'm not either a goat or a smurf.

amade
10-19-2007, 12:46 PM
Jumping down the hole sounds too much like 300 to me :P
Personally, I rather try and delay my death as much as possible so jumping down the hole isn't the first option to me.

xcvbxcvb
10-19-2007, 03:48 PM
Tactic. Sure you die either way, but if the fight is 5 vs. 1, you will probably die anyway (especially if you are a slow moving mage :(). You may as well deny them the pleasure of killing you, or force them to follow and then commit suicide which also prevents them from killing more of your Alsuis brothers. Either way, they will enjoy it much less than if you would have just stood there and let them slaughter you.

However, if there is a chance that you might kill one of them, I think you should fight and teach them why they should have stayed home instead of invading Alsuis. :devil:

magnet
10-19-2007, 03:55 PM
I love how Alsius people criticize people drowning and condone jumping into the Pozo. It is *exactly* the same in the end, OK, in the pozo they have 60s to kill you, but it means they have to get back to their altar which is not 50m away, so it's just the same. Even 5 vs 1 you should put up a fight. I wonder what you guys would say if people jumped in the water when you hunt the beach 5vs1. Oh, I know, you'd call that lame? Just like jumping into the pozo. Blood said it, this game is not about Rps.

Btw Mordel, you misspell your own realm, it's Alsius not Alsuis :)

Bully
10-19-2007, 05:02 PM
I've seen it happen numerous times. And if I even think there's a chance i can kill you at the bottom of that hole, I'm coming in with you. It's not really lame to do it, but it's a pain for the guy who has to go in after you. So I guess at the very least you'd get some personal satisfaction knowing I got the 5% necro. The way I see it is, the necro is easy to shake, and I still got the RP.

NightTwix
10-19-2007, 06:12 PM
Its a tactic.
a lame tactic :p

But its not comparable to drowning or selfkilling.
At least you can jump down and get the rp.

while hunting itself is lame too, this is a valid tactic

Valorius
10-19-2007, 07:07 PM
I consider suicides to be even better than kills. It means i(we) scared our enemy to death. It may not get you RP, but it gives me a heck of a good chuckle every single time.

Envy
10-19-2007, 07:10 PM
Tactics. Fighting a lost, (not losing), battle is just stupid.

makarios68
10-19-2007, 07:18 PM
Tactics. Fighting a lost, (not losing), battle is just stupid.

It's always worth attempting to take an enemy with you when you know you're gonna die.

Of course, it doesn't always work, but occasionally you can pull it off.

This is such a better way to go than suicide.

Envy
10-19-2007, 07:23 PM
I said fighting a lost battle, I even highlighted that I meant not losing, a LOST battle. If you know you're going to die, it NEVER works.

Taking away the satisfaction of them killing you is the better option.

makarios68
10-19-2007, 08:48 PM
I said fighting a lost battle, I even highlighted that I meant not losing, a LOST battle. If you know you're going to die, it NEVER works.

Taking away the satisfaction of them killing you is the better option.

Well how you ever gonna know if you coulda taken one out if you slit your own wrists every time?

misaccc
10-19-2007, 09:17 PM
Nicely put;) i always stay and fight

xcvbxcvb
10-20-2007, 04:01 PM
I love how Alsius people criticize people drowning and condone jumping into the Pozo. It is *exactly* the same in the end, OK, in the pozo they have 60s to kill you, but it means they have to get back to their altar which is not 50m away, so it's just the same. Even 5 vs 1 you should put up a fight. I wonder what you guys would say if people jumped in the water when you hunt the beach 5vs1. Oh, I know, you'd call that lame? Just like jumping into the pozo. Blood said it, this game is not about Rps.

I don't criticize people for drowning themselves, I say more power to them if they can do it without getting hit, that is the risk that they take. I agree that this game is not about RPs, but I do like to make my attackers as miserable as possible.

I think 5 people should always be able to kill 1 person without letting one of their own die. I like to make people earn their kills - I would rather cast Sanctuary and make them chase me for 30 seconds rather than cast one low damage attack and die in 5 seconds. Sometimes I just cast Sanctuary then stand there and clap with my enemies surrounding me. I'm sure 30 seconds of that gets on their nerves. :p