PDA

View Full Version : combat log bug or game bug?

ethil
07-29-2009, 06:22 AM
Yesterday evening I got this http://i29.tinypic.com/bhzoya.jpg
Beetle Swarm was succefully casted but the barbarian kept on hitting me... and there are no spells to resist the cannot attack effect (I didnt see he be dispelled by anyone, and there was no time for a dispell)
Besides, when I died I didnt get "you are been defeated by ..."

ArchmagusArcana
07-29-2009, 12:15 PM
ive been getting strange bugs too similar to that.

I cast a spell, target moves away (im not sure if its still in range or not), animation goes off, but nothing in the log, usually when a spell is cast and target moves out of range, there is no animation. I sometimes get this same issue when i KNOW that target is in range, i cast terror, see that fumes, see ppl get knocked, but nothing in the log.....and if tahts the only spell i cast and people die, i still get no rp.

So its like it happened, but it didnt really happen.

_Enio_
07-29-2009, 12:34 PM
I think his hit came just right before your beetle took effect and your log might have laggd it that way (happens a lot for me since log updates slow and isnt totally accurate with timings )

platyna
07-29-2009, 02:43 PM
I love these bugs that came with the new update:
1. I stand 10 meters from acas, I cast Sultar "You are out of range" or "you are not facing your enemy".

And epic one:
2. I cast sultar, I got no negative spells, my target didn't walk off range, animation goes on acas, nothing on log but cd is triggered, no aca is hurt. :o

Another nice one: when I turn around I get HUGE lag or the game crashes. :devil:

Regards.

kamax
07-29-2009, 03:24 PM
Yeah, you can cast a meteor and still receive on from the same guy on the same time even if both don't resist.
Yesterday i wanted to finish a warlock who was running away with only ~200/300 hp, i cast on him meteor, fireball, magmablast and some normal hit... the log has just show nothing and he was out of range, if he evaded all this wow he's a lucky guy.

And i have try to stop an ignis rush on a bridge with sultar and projection activated(+30m), i launch it but the time he knock down thes guys, one of this ignis has the time to run on me and freeze me(25m spell), my sultar was canceled Oo like this guy just run +5m in less that 1.5s and has the time to launch the freeze spell...all this in 1.5s....

ethil
07-29-2009, 06:58 PM
mmm combat log should be fixed :lightsabre:

Foggia
07-29-2009, 07:30 PM
I think its connected with lag + faster animations. U see the spell cast, but for real, due to lag, u are still casting it and it can be canceled, or, due to lag it has been cast but effect still didnt take place. This may lead to strange situations. I, for example, have cast meteor on a low hp conju 20m from a fort - animation has been done, but conju was still running. I thought it was either a bug or he resisted it, but... several seconds later conju went to fort and died from my lagged meteor, which appeared in log.