PDA

View Full Version : More than one month since balance update - Review about conjurer

Myxir
10-29-2010, 11:03 AM
How time passes. Already more than a month passed by after the balance update. During that time I mostly played the conjurer. There was much frustration, much fun.
Time for a nice review.
First of all, my Conjurer is level 50 and built for full support. No mental, summon or staff mastery at all. I have no idea how grinding is but I think it's very hard. I will come to that point later.

The main changes for the conjurer were: New Spells, Mana and Defense.

New Spells
First the new spells, greater healing, greater regeneration and life saviour had a long casting time. With the fixes that lowered the casting times all of them are fine. Even Heal Ally is cool now.
Except greater healing. The concept of this spell sounds nice. Having range and area and it sounds nice to do so. But in real situations the spell turns out to be rather useless. That's why I am going to drop it now after a month.
Here is why:
First of all this spell can just be properly used when people are crowded. Crowded people bring one problem with them: selection. If you managed to find a target in the group that is wounded most of the players there are already healed. Or during that time you can almost do it yourself with your other heal spells. In most cases if there are 20 people in the AoE of that spell 2 or 3 get healed by it.
This spell is absolutely not worth using it though I have no idea how to make it better. I am not sure if casting it on not wounded allies would make it really better.

Mana regeneration
We all cried for more mana on the conjurer. I was one of those standing in first line doing so, I am aware of that.
Spells that give mana are not necessary anymore. The increased mana regeneration is slightly too high. I still use Mana Communion (3) but just to leech rp because they are too low for conjurer. I will come back to that point later.
Most of my allies don't manage to blow all their mana. I can just manage it on the warlock. But on the Conjurer and Hunter I am never out of mana. Well, on the conju in very rare occasions.
In the past you reduced mana communion because you said there is too much mana in the game. With that balance update you increased mana regeneration (no difference between combat and no combat mode. The effect is big).
My suggestion for this is: Revert mana regeneration changes, or at least lower the regeneration for ALL classes and bring back the old mana communion.

Defense
Compared to this, the two previous points are just minor stuff. The defense of the conjurer is the thing that annoys me most. You increased the damage of Warriors, especially Barbarians but the conjurers defense got significantly lowered. I still get one hit defeats in some cases from barbarians. They are mostly the same players but I gues the one hit southcross monkeys out there are well known. So I won't give you names.
Force armor got nerfed, steel skin got nerfed. I really don't understand the steel skin nerf. Since most of the people now use gems that have elementar damage and steel skin only reduces physical damage I mostly receive hits of 100 damange in steel skin (5). This spell is not really able to help you escape an awkward situation anymore. It just makes you die slower.
Look at this screenshot. Even a mob with no rating at all hits me for 100 damage. The Goblors (or whatever the agro mobs are called) in ignis desert hit me for 130.
You can imagine how hits from players look like.
Don't tell me now "Use energy barrier". I dropped it on my warlock and conjurer. It's not worth using it anymore. It takes one hit, if you're lucky two hits from a barbarian to bring it down. With the overpowered kick and feint combo it's not possible to do anything once they reached you.
Energy barrier is just a waste of points.
Please give us more protection. At least make Force armor better and passive. Currently conjurers die like flies.
The concept that allies defend their conjurers in war does not work.
My allies don't keep warriors away from me. So I try to stay back. That also means having distance to my allies. Distance means no heals. No heals mean insults from players.

Rewards
I already opened a topic about this some weeks ago. So just for being complete I will mention this.
Rewards in RP and XP is way too low. I give regenerate ally, heal ally and Devine Intervention all on 5 to allies and don't receive RP for some reasons if they kill an enemy. The only reliable source of RP are the Mana Communion and Greater Regeneration. I often have times where I heal like crazy in battles for more than one hour and don't even receive 100 rp. With the hunter I make that in less than 30 minutes. I don't even want to compare that to the warlock. Maybe 10 minutes are enough for 100 rp.
You can tell what you want. Giving a shit about rp or not. It's in the human nature that this sort of thing are frustrating over time. RP is the only reward. Rewards stimulate your brain and make you feel a bit happier.
No reward --> no stimulation --> frustration.

Same goes for earning XP and trying to get rid of necro.
Seriously the fastest way to get rid of necro in full support setup is to cast karmar mirror, regeneration spells and hit mobs for 30 normal hits -.-
Grinding in support mode in groups has always been a pain. Now with the nerfed summons I can understand that no one wants to grind a conjurer anymore.
Well, this section was not as short as I wanted it to be. :p

And a last section goes to all of the players out here:
But mostly for syrtis. I talked to other conjurers in Ignis, they don't experince it that often. For me it's daily business.
Stop crying for "vidaaaaaaa" or "revivaaaannnnnn!!111!"
We conjurers have a "v" key which shows us your life bars. If you are in danger and my spells are ready to be casted you will receive your heal. And I think I am talking for most of the conjurers with that. If we don't heal there are reasons. There is dizzy, confuse, cooldown, in some cases no mana, and if you are not even rated "Easy" for me you are a very low priority target who only gets healed if there is no one else to heal. It's mean but efficient. My healing possibilities are limited. Sorry.
And I won't bring myself in danger to rescue one kamikaze player.
Almost the same things apply for reviving. Saying one time that a revive at a place is needed is okay. No problem for me. Mostly a conjurer immediately replies to it. But there are some things you should be aware about:
1. People often die at places that are risky to reach. Mostly this is no problem with steel skin or sanctuary. If someone dies behind enemy lines this is just impossible to do.
2. Keeping fighting players alive is superior to reviving players that lie near the fort. You can be sure you will be revived when the situation at the front is more relaxed.
3. Revive ally has a cooldown of 120 seconds, for those of you who don't know that's 2 minutes. This can be a long time in battle. So if your conjurers reply with "recarga" or something it's pointless to cry over and over again.
And now the thing that annoys me the most in such situations:
Very often if you reply with a simple "1/2 recarga" or something like that there are a lot of people that start to insult you how you suck or that you're an asshole. Same happened if I told that players don't need to constantly say revive and vida and that it is enough to say it one time. People will immediately say that you're a bad conjurer.
The only consequences to those who insult me: The will turn to low priority targets even if they are high levels.

People be more thankful for the work that conjurers do. In some cases a battle is really overestimating because there are so few conjurers for such a big group.

Please put your focus on the first 4 sections since the last section won't change anyway. I just wanted to mention it.

Seher
10-29-2010, 01:12 PM
Have to agree with most of your points. However, I want to mention something:

My suggestion for this is: Revert mana regeneration changes, or at least lower the regeneration for ALL classes and bring back the old mana communion.

While I think that we've got too much mana now I still like the current state more, as it's less boring to warriors and archers.
My suggestion is decreasing the mana pool. You'll blow out your mana sooner then, and you'll have to use your mana more carefully.

Warriors and archers should never depend on mages as mana batteries again. And conjurers should use up their mana quickly when they cast heal ally every 5 seconds. However it already is like that, just the mana pool is too big, imo. :)

Defense
[...]

I think conjurers just need to be able to cast heal ally on themselves, and everything is fine. Healing would need a small boost, too.
There are too many ways in regnum to decrease the damage you take but too few to heal yourself in general, it is way funnier to watch your enemy's health bar going up and down while you're attacking than just dealing no damage. ;D

chassor
10-29-2010, 01:26 PM
if you thinks that NGD will take your suggestion/post in consideration you are very optimist.

when NGD stated that they will review the balance after 1 month they we're talking about their cash balance , if it get up you can go do yourself , if not they had done something long time ago.

don't count on anything good about NGD until barb and marks spend much and then they will update again to relaunch the cash flow.

ieti
10-29-2010, 01:45 PM
I disagree with Seher.

Other classes should rely to mages for mana. In usual situations when you conserve you will not be empty, but if you get careless you must be without mana. Now regen rate is too big and no matter what you do you have mana. Some exception is conjurers - you can blow all mana pretty fast again. This brings no tactics and provoke "lay all spells i have" situations.

We suggested before Mana Communion to be 30s / 30 per tick. That way it will be not so OP and pretty good to support rushes.

Synergy Bond now is useless i dropped it to save a point. I liked the situation before to transfer mana to allies. It was one of conju jobs.

I disagree for smaller mana pool. Hell it is already not so big. I got 1.8k(with some good mana items) on my conjurer without mana pool. I really really do not want to get forced to use this passive just to get a little more room for mana. I do pretty good with this ammount with AMB(4) + Borrow(5). Other classes have even smaller pool, lowering a little mana regeneration rates will fix this.

On defense side i agree with Myxir. Conju defense is really bad now. I often get 1.5k+ Beast Attacks and South Crosses. Spells like Steel Skin or Karma Mirror help, but lately all warriors spam Mind Squasher. MS must be knight only spell or made more tactical spell. Barb have big damage anyway and do not need such powerfull debuff. Sometimes i get MS(5) with damages around 1k. Some battles i get 3-5 MS in a row. For some reason in nearly never fail on mages. This is insane.

Dependency from Arcane Devotion is big drawback. Now i need devotion 5 to play confortable, and if you are in situation to have it off - forgot to cast, MS etc. you are dead most of times. Make conjurer to be not dependent from cast speed. Make Devotion even passive. It will not break anything.

Seher
10-29-2010, 02:16 PM
I disagree with Seher.

Other classes should rely to mages for mana. In usual situations when you conserve you will not be empty, but if you get careless you must be without mana. Now regen rate is too big and no matter what you do you have mana.

You can end up without mana even if you're not depending on mages. It's rather the opposite, you won't end up without mana as long as there are nice mages around who give you loads of mana, even if you cast everything you have.

Teamplay? Maybe. But mages should need their mana, too. "It was one of conju jobs."? Yeah, conjurers were broken, they didn't need their mana at all.

Some exception is conjurers - you can blow all mana pretty fast again. This brings no tactics and provoke "lay all spells i have" situations.

Saving up spells and mana to fire them off at once is a tactic.

We suggested before Mana Communion to be 30s / 30 per tick. That way it will be not so OP and pretty good to support rushes.

You can use your mana without thinking then whenever there are some mages around. More mana than you could ever consume in large battles.
This suggestion provokes even more what you dislike about the current state.

I disagree for smaller mana pool. Hell it is already not so big. I got 1.8k(with some good mana items) on my conjurer without mana pool.

That's quite something, you can cast heal ally many times without having to regenerate even one point of mana. :P

I really really do not want to get forced to use this passive just to get a little more room for mana.

It makes sense to nerf mana pool equally to the mana pool. :P

I do pretty good with this ammount with AMB(4) + Borrow(5). Other classes have even smaller pool

And smaller spell costs. The regeneration is still enough to fill it again.

However, maybe it's a better idea to increase all mana costs instead, that causes less side effects. (items, etc)

doppelapfel
10-29-2010, 02:27 PM
New Spells
First the new spells, greater healing, greater regeneration and life saviour had a long casting time. With the fixes that lowered the casting times all of them are fine. Even Heal Ally is cool now.
Except greater healing. The concept of this spell sounds nice. Having range and area and it sounds nice to do so. But in real situations the spell turns out to be rather useless. That's why I am going to drop it now after a month.
Here is why:
First of all this spell can just be properly used when people are crowded. Crowded people bring one problem with them: selection. If you managed to find a target in the group that is wounded most of the players there are already healed. Or during that time you can almost do it yourself with your other heal spells. In most cases if there are 20 people in the AoE of that spell 2 or 3 get healed by it.
This spell is absolutely not worth using it though I have no idea how to make it better. I am not sure if casting it on not wounded allies would make it really better.
Agree with that. I would prefer Greater Healing and regeneration with a much shorter cd and slightly worse effect as NGD changed heal ally,

Mana regeneration
We all cried for more mana on the conjurer. I was one of those standing in first line doing so, I am aware of that.
Spells that give mana are not necessary anymore. The increased mana regeneration is slightly too high. I still use Mana Communion (3) but just to leech rp because they are too low for conjurer. I will come back to that point later.
Most of my allies don't manage to blow all their mana. I can just manage it on the warlock. But on the Conjurer and Hunter I am never out of mana. Well, on the conju in very rare occasions.
In the past you reduced mana communion because you said there is too much mana in the game. With that balance update you increased mana regeneration (no difference between combat and no combat mode. The effect is big).
If you pay attention to your mana pool you usually dont run out of it, thats right, but imo synergy bound and mc are still helpfull. Without i can get along, with them i dont have to think about mana and can deal more dmg by just spamming stuff (on marks and barbarian at least). So those spells are not a must have everyone is relying on anymore but a nice help, i like it.
Decresing the regeneration again is a bad idea imo, better reduce the mana pool if its necessary, the manapool shoul not decide how many spells you can cast before its completly empty and you have to find a conju or sit down to cast spells again (as it was before) but it should limit the numbers of spells you can cast in a ceratin amount of time (as it is now).

Defense
Compared to this, the two previous points are just minor stuff. The defense of the conjurer is the thing that annoys me most. You increased the damage of Warriors, especially Barbarians but the conjurers defense got significantly lowered. I still get one hit defeats in some cases from barbarians. They are mostly the same players but I gues the one hit southcross monkeys out there are well known. So I won't give you names.
Force armor got nerfed, steel skin got nerfed. I really don't understand the steel skin nerf. Since most of the people now use gems that have elementar damage and steel skin only reduces physical damage I mostly receive hits of 100 damange in steel skin (5). This spell is not really able to help you escape an awkward situation anymore. It just makes you die slower.
Look at this screenshot. Even a mob with no rating at all hits me for 100 damage. The Goblors (or whatever the agro mobs are called) in ignis desert hit me for 130.
You can imagine how hits from players look like.
Don't tell me now "Use energy barrier". I dropped it on my warlock and conjurer. It's not worth using it anymore. It takes one hit, if you're lucky two hits from a barbarian to bring it down. With the overpowered kick and feint combo it's not possible to do anything once they reached you.
Energy barrier is just a waste of points.
Please give us more protection. At least make Force armor better and passive. Currently conjurers die like flies.
The concept that allies defend their conjurers in war does not work.
My allies don't keep warriors away from me. So I try to stay back. That also means having distance to my allies. Distance means no heals. No heals mean insults from players.
I didnt test force armor so far so i cant say anything about it.
The steel skin nerf isnt that bad imo, most ppl dont remember that the minimum dmg was 15% back then so the 90% resist on 5 didnt make sense anyway. Add your armor points to the 70% it has now and the dmgreduction is nearly as good as the 85% before.
Energy Barrier is still a great spell, i use it on both, lock and hunter and i dont see why it should be worse now than before?
I would be happy if NGD would simply make karma mirror reflect dmg as long as eb is up, with self heal, karma mirror, ss, eb and mind blank conjus are still able to survive for a long time. Maybe you should try some mental ccs as defense too, they can be very helpful.

Rewards
I already opened a topic about this some weeks ago. So just for being complete I will mention this.
Rewards in RP and XP is way too low. I give regenerate ally, heal ally and Devine Intervention all on 5 to allies and don't receive RP for some reasons if they kill an enemy. The only reliable source of RP are the Mana Communion and Greater Regeneration. I often have times where I heal like crazy in battles for more than one hour and don't even receive 100 rp. With the hunter I make that in less than 30 minutes. I don't even want to compare that to the warlock. Maybe 10 minutes are enough for 100 rp.
You can tell what you want. Giving a shit about rp or not. It's in the human nature that this sort of thing are frustrating over time. RP is the only reward. Rewards stimulate your brain and make you feel a bit happier.
No reward --> no stimulation --> frustration.

Same goes for earning XP and trying to get rid of necro.
Seriously the fastest way to get rid of necro in full support setup is to cast karmar mirror, regeneration spells and hit mobs for 30 normal hits -.-
Grinding in support mode in groups has always been a pain. Now with the nerfed summons I can understand that no one wants to grind a conjurer anymore.
Well, this section was not as short as I wanted it to be. :p
Agree. I dont care about rp but conjus should really get more xp for supporting and the necrosystem is crap too.

Kittypretty
11-04-2010, 02:24 PM
why conj grind sucks.

http://i282.photobucket.com/albums/kk266/simmyleie/screenshot2010-11-0407_21_08.jpg

why do we keep having this resists problem? is it so hard to make them not stupidly hard to grind on?

oh and my golem..was full hp and JUST cast..and HAS both hp and protection passive, so thats also why summons suck, let us HEAL them..im a conjurer for gosh sakes..and cant keep my salt shaker alive aside from using a slow and expensive spell with a high cd (blood drinker)

a melee summon is a stupid idea anyways :S they often trail behind mobs and rarely hit anything..and against any melee pvp, they are one hit kills. lovely..

Mikan
11-05-2010, 12:30 AM
Arcane devotion should be changed to be 50% passive and 50% active from a single spell.

Kittypretty
11-05-2010, 01:08 AM
i wanted AD to be, like 100% on all levels, but a duration up to same dur/cd in lvl 5, so even lowbie mages can have some great cast speed for grinding..or rezzing etc, anywhere a boost woiuld be needed to perform.

itd also let us shave points when we dont need full cast speed..aqnd throw on AD when needed, instead of having to level mental to 19 ALWAYS

but id be happy with anything..aside from more nerfs..mages are the slowest cast class even with their cast gear.

force armor is worthless, karma needs to work under barrier, imps and zombies are crap. they cant even kill anything, and when one dies theyall do. maybe laugh to death with 7 damage, that is if they dont all die on first hit (try it, send imps to target, they will die on the first attack.)

zarkit still is stronger than lich, but why so so much more expensive and higher is lich?

the protection buff for summons doesnt do a thing honestly, they die in the same amount of hits, and take the same amount of dmg..its just so pointless the summon tree.

doppelapfel
11-05-2010, 02:26 PM
i wanted AD to be, like 100% on all levels, but a duration up to same dur/cd in lvl 5, so even lowbie mages can have some great cast speed for grinding..or rezzing etc, anywhere a boost woiuld be needed to perform.
This would force all high lvl players to put mana on 19, atm many have it at 15.

blood-raven
11-05-2010, 02:33 PM
make it so that on lvl 4 you have 55 sec active and 60 sec cd.
that would be better i think.

Kaixo
11-05-2010, 02:52 PM
I said this during the balance stages, nothing new:
We have less defenses and without the old healing aura we can't tank anymore. At the same time warlocks, marksmen and barbarians are more dangerous for different reasons.
Confuse still ruins the support conjurer experience outside a big war.
Long casting times, fortunately corrected in the last update.

I find the new healing auras good in door wars, and practically nothing more. My main problem with greater healing is the area 6, it should be area 10. Now personally I try to stay far away from the vanguard, let the knights do their job, far away from doors (unless i use mana pylon), etc.

Myxir
11-05-2010, 03:33 PM
I said this during the balance stages, nothing new:
We have less defenses and without the old healing aura we can't tank anymore. At the same time warlocks, marksmen and barbarians are more dangerous for different reasons.

I don't want to tank. That's not my job as a conju. It's just ridiculous that you get killed in 1-2 hits by barbarians or that you receive ~100 normals from unchallenging mobs.

I find the new healing auras good in door wars, and practically nothing more. My main problem with greater healing is the area 6, it should be area 10. Now personally I try to stay far away from the vanguard, let the knights do their job, far away from doors (unless i use mana pylon), etc.
I prefer the new heal aura compared to the old ones and for greater healing... i dropped it from my setup.

Zordak
11-05-2010, 06:24 PM
I agree on everything you said about the healing spells, i like the changes to
those. Greater Healing and Mass Resurrection need some retconsideration
though.

Mana regeneration
We all cried for more mana on the conjurer. I was one of those standing in
first line doing so, I am aware of that.
Spells that give mana are not necessary anymore. The increased mana
regeneration is slightly too high. I still use Mana Communion (3) but just to
leech rp because they are too low for conjurer. I will come back to that point
later.
Most of my allies don't manage to blow all their mana. I can just manage it on
the warlock. But on the Conjurer and Hunter I am never out of mana. Well, on
the conju in very rare occasions.

Correct me if Im wrong: Was mages mana regeneration rate touched at all? As
I remember the threads (update/changes documentation ftl ¬¬) warriors and
archers were boosted and mages kept the same.
Also I am as often out of mana as before - there is even less people using
mana com now since mages are the only ones left with mana problems. And
spell cost has not been decreased either.

Conjurer-intrinsic defense seems fine, too - with 2 exceptions:
Barb melee damage is insane. Including an energy barrier im down once i have
been knocked. "You should because melee fighters are supposed to kill you
once theyre close" is the common argument in favour of this. Well,
unfortunately a decent amount of said knocks are preceeded by a range 35
winter stroke. And there is nothing anyone can do about it.

The second exception is - as always - confuse. You may be tired of hearing it,
but this skill in hands of archers is just wrong. If an archer wants to land it he
can. There is no intelligent playing to avoid it, theres no way allies can
protect you (except for another conjurer)...there is not even any skill needed
to land this skill. Im sorry if i hijacked the thread with this paragraph, but I
could not leave it unmentioned.

Defense vs. damage itself is not brilliant, but dispell and mind blank are
immensely more effective than anyones armor in the current dot-centered
state of the game.

What really hamperes supportive gameplay at the moment are winter stroke
and frozen storm. The freeze effect needs some countering or adaption of the
numbers.
For once there is simply nothing you can do against either - keeping the
considerable (area!) damage of frozen storm into account this already seems
wrong. But the "pinning" of enemies marks are able to do with winter stroke is
even worse. The army moves, but a handful of marks are able to pick a few
ppl out till their melee allies arrive.
Yes, this is a valid strategy - this is not my problem. The problem is there is
no counter to it. You cannot dispell freeze. You cannot heal against a barb
next to an ally. For me these situations build up frustration.
Ultimately freeze has a huge duration and theres no telling when its going to
end. For me this often results in keeping the frozen ally selected - wasting
important heal cooldowns. This is partly a result of the horrible selection
routine that i dont want to switch back to the target "under pressure". And it
adds to the frustration freezes cause to me.

Overall the changes to the class are positive. It took some of the diversity in
setups, but it is still a very entertaining class to play. Maybe even slightly
more than before.

Z.

ps: sorry for the textflood

Myxir
11-05-2010, 10:35 PM
I also agree with what you say, especially concerning freeze.

Was mages mana regeneration rate touched at all?

Well. Not really. Just no more difference between combat mode and no combat mode.

Kittypretty
11-06-2010, 03:48 AM
mana on 15? you have to be kidding..who runs around with 65% cast speed?

that also leaves only 750 barrier for those that use it..2 marks hits, or one OP lock dot.

i dont see how 65% but 60 sec, would be better than using 100% for slightly less, youd just have to micro manage a bit more, thats the problem with lower levels, they have to sacrifice their limite points to level at least one tree to 19 for 1-2 skills that are NEEDED at 5, barrier and devotion..lesser extent amb, but definately not critical as at least devotion, barrier..usually..but some prefer karma and mass heals or such..either way, mana 19 is a sad reality for many players.

doppelapfel
11-06-2010, 11:21 AM

that also leaves only 750 barrier for those that use it..2 marks hits, or one OP lock dot.

i dont see how 65% but 60 sec, would be better than using 100% for slightly less, youd just have to micro manage a bit more, thats the problem with lower levels, they have to sacrifice their limite points to level at least one tree to 19 for 1-2 skills that are NEEDED at 5, barrier and devotion..lesser extent amb, but definately not critical as at least devotion, barrier..usually..but some prefer karma and mass heals or such..either way, mana 19 is a sad reality for many players.
Each lvl of devotion decreases the casttime by ~10% as before the update, saving a lot points for 10% more of the basic casttime can make sense. Eb is also already nice at lvl 4, 1k can also be broken by 2 marks hits or one lock dot lol. 250 barrier points arent that much.

Kralmoe
11-09-2010, 02:04 PM
How time passes. Already more than a month passed by after the balance update. During that time I mostly played the conjurer. There was much frustration, much fun.
Time for a nice review.
First of all, my Conjurer is level 50 and built for full support. No mental, summon or staff mastery at all. I have no idea how grinding is but I think it's very hard. I will come to that point later.

I will just comment on the aspect of grinding.
I do not have any problem with grinding alone at lvl 50 (under that lvl I don't really know but I think that it must be pretty hard)
I use 19 mental (5 ivy, 5 will dom., 5 beetle) 19 staff mastery (5 fire m 5 ice m, 5 light m, 5 combat), 19 summon (5 bond, 5 blood dr 5 golem), 19 mana control (5 e.barrier, 5 dragon, 3 amb 3 a.d. 5 mana pool) Life (2 heal self)
Most important is the mental and staff m. Observe also the 5 points on blood drinker for the summon to heal himself. The other trees is up to your own convenience. To me this setup works just fine.
I start attacking the challenging mob (with a good staff), then I use ivy (or will domain or beetle) and I finish the mob with normal hits with the help of the golem.
It is indeed very annoying the resisting and evading randomness of the mobs.

doppelapfel
11-09-2010, 04:53 PM
I will just comment on the aspect of grinding.
I do not have any problem with grinding alone at lvl 50 (under that lvl I don't really know but I think that it must be pretty hard)
I use 19 mental (5 ivy, 5 will dom., 5 beetle) 19 staff mastery (5 fire m 5 ice m, 5 light m, 5 combat), 19 summon (5 bond, 5 blood dr 5 golem), 19 mana control (5 e.barrier, 5 dragon, 3 amb 3 a.d. 5 mana pool) Life (2 heal self)
Most important is the mental and staff m. Observe also the 5 points on blood drinker for the summon to heal himself. The other trees is up to your own convenience. To me this setup works just fine.
I start attacking the challenging mob (with a good staff), then I use ivy (or will domain or beetle) and I finish the mob with normal hits with the help of the golem.
It is indeed very annoying the resisting and evading randomness of the mobs.
Try Arcane Acceleration instead of mana pool, should be a lot faster.

Kaixo
11-10-2010, 07:30 PM
I don't want to tank. That's not my job as a conju. It's just ridiculous that you get killed in 1-2 hits by barbarians or that you receive ~100 normals from unchallenging mobs.
I have to tank if i want to support melees, i have to tank if I want to give support in front of a door (now less with the new healings), and I have to tank because all enemies try to kill me first. The problem is that conjurers have less defenses, no healing aura (to autoheal) and the enemies are the same or more powerful.

Barbarians hit practically the same as before, that is not a problem. The problem is that the skill that saved you got nerfed from 90% to 70%, that is like 150-200 more damage with each hit from a barbarian. And the war zone is full of barbarians. Then we have the old mind squasher.

For me Marksmen are worse, insane range and they have mana to use their class like a warlock killing you with skills. Magical damage, net damage, constant damage, dizzy...and you with nerfed defenses and resistances.

Warlocks always were mortal near a support conjurer, nothing new, but now constant damages are more deadly.

I prefer the new heal aura compared to the old ones and for greater healing... i dropped it from my setup.
It's worse than the old aura, it doesn't let me tank, it's one time use with lower duration and the same reload, and a lot of times it's deprecated with another one. But this is what we have and I use it, I prefer the other one because it has range and instant heal, the problem is the area 6 and to click someone hurted.

e30ernest
11-12-2010, 09:20 AM

I do. Level 4 to 5 AD isn't much difference for a Conjurer.

Personally the new Conjurer in support mode feels a bit easier than before primarily due to the less mana spoonfeeding required to other classes. Defenses is just about right in my opinion as well.

Targeting however remains as horrid (or worse) as ever. The shorter cooldown-low effect heals and cast time on new spells highlights this problem for me since I need to switch targets so often.

Overall I think support balance is good. However, some improvement needs to be made on Conjurer rewards. As it stands, the game rewards aura-spamming more than careful choice of spells and good tactics.

Pnarpa
11-13-2010, 10:08 AM
The problem with confuse still hasn't been solved. A single conjurer in war is almost useless because of this.

Myxir
11-13-2010, 10:13 AM
The problem with confuse still hasn't been solved. A single conjurer in war is almost useless because of this.

And sadly you see few support conjurers in war. Even if we are like 40 guys at shana I am often the only support conjurer. And those Warjurers (I don't understand how you can use a golem in pvp they suck) don't have dispell.

Until a few weeks after the balance changes things were better. There were quite a lot support conjus.

Pnarpa
11-13-2010, 10:26 AM
And sadly you see few support conjurers in war. Even if we are like 40 guys at shana I am often the only support conjurer. And those Warjurers (I don't understand how you can use a golem in pvp they suck) don't have dispell.

Until a few weeks after the balance changes things were better. There were quite a lot support conjus.

Agreed. And xp reward from being a support conjurer hasn't been fixed either...

Mikan
11-13-2010, 10:57 AM
(I don't understand how you can use a golem in pvp they suck)
They are actually quite fun if you're a Warlock. That little bit of added damage goes a long way. :p

11-29-2010, 06:00 PM
The whole summon tree is nearly useless now.
Of course support conjurer are more popular, but i thought it would be kind of
funny to see more different evocations. New stuff, new designs, everything not worthy to play.

I think support conjurer are balanced. Confuse has been nerfed because of
knights "protect ally". Greater healing nerfed (changed?), in return mana communion placed in mana control (points to have dispel magic), and new skill "life savior", steel skin nerfed. Overall +/-0

Mikan
11-29-2010, 06:03 PM
The whole summon tree is nearly useless now.
Of course support conjurer are more popular, but i thought it would be kind of
funny to see more different evocations. New stuff, new designs, everything not worthy to play.

I think support conjurer are balanced. Confuse has been nerfed because of
knights "protect ally". Greater healing nerfed (changed?), in return mana communion placed in mana control (points to have dispel magic), and new skill "life savior", steel skin nerfed. Overall +/-0
Unfortunately NGD thinks of balance in the wrong aspect, they are trying to balance the game by keeping all classes within the same restrictions which creates boring and linear gameplay with cookie-cutter setups with boring powers.

Until they get out of this notion that balance is equality, they will never add anything really interesting or fun. Balance is about giving strong items and powers weaknesses, and other players the ability to exploit them if they are skilled enough, or you get owned as you should for being a crap player who should not beat a good player. All balance updates have ever done is take the skill away.

Conjuror has suffered this more than most, it went from being a fine art to being a frantic button-mashing selectionist.