View Single Post
Old 01-06-2013, 05:48 PM   #9
schachteana
Master

schachteana is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitsunie View Post
1 - I'm not exactly sure what you mean here.
It's ok, I figured it out now - shields and bracelets do not need to be handled in any special way. The only interesting thing is that they finally raise the AP above 100%.

Quote:
2 - The damage is reduced by 50/55/60% of the armor points. In other words, if you have 500 armor points, and you are a mage, you resist exactly 500*0.60=300 damage of any attack (assuming that it has a single damage type). Mixed damage types, and mixed resistances on armors make it more complicated. I did explain this in one of the sections of the document, but I guess I didn't explain it well enough.
ok thanks, got that.
Where did you explain what? oO I'd be really interested in the calculation of different damage types...

Quote:
3 - I didn't realize that I forgot to mention this, but you are right. When you see a bonus armor on an item (+amount), it is simply added onto the final AP value of the character. For example, if you have full Warmaster armor (+50 with all pieces), you gain 50 AP in your character window. This amount is not multiplied by buffs such as Caution and Evasive tactics.

You can more easily visualize some of these things on my armor calculator. It also has source code available.
yep ok. (I miss a prompt of the users current armor points on this calculator :< )

I do like your calculator very much!
Thanks for your help, have a nice day,

EDIT
I hope you are ok with me spamming throughout your thread... (can you say so? huh. By the way, you will have to excuse my command of english.)
But I fell over another example. Could you be so kind and tell me where I am making any mistakes, please?
Some random barbarian is being equipped with elite armor consistently (you may also click here for a picture) and has total 7% armor bonus.
He should then have about
Code:
( 226 * 1.07 * 1.33 ) + 9+10+10+9+5 = 364.62
armor points, shouldn't he?
Character log says 370.

Last edited by schachteana; 01-06-2013 at 11:49 PM.
schachteana no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote