Go Back   Champions of Regnum > English > Game Discussion > Suggestions

Suggestions Feel free to send us suggestions and ideas for future versions

Old 03-25-2012, 07:05 PM   #11
Hayir
Initiate

Hayir is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psynocide View Post
Materialist gain is a key component in game retention; the ability to better your previous standards and that of players around you.
If there was only one tier to gameplay and no possible character progression, the game would quickly become stale.

Fair is one word for it, I prefer boring.
And once you got your full epic gear and everything you want, it becomes boring again?

Did the game really become boring for you back then when there was no boss fights, no special-epic gear?
I personally enjoyed Regnum alot more back then. The only mmorpg i knew which was least about gear, one of the reasons why Regnum was special for me.

It is just a good way for ngd to make people buy xim for boxes or those new loot boosters. I don't blame them for that though.
Hayir no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2012, 07:52 PM   #12
Psynocide
Master

Psynocide is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tesir View Post
Did the game really become boring for you back then when there was no boss fights, no special-epic gear?
I wouldn't say materialist reasons where the main incentive for playing, merely that it's just one of them.
Personally I know I'm quite materialist when it comes to games.. Within my limits of course.

I just find that if this were to come to pass, the game would become very linear and tedious.
Regnum lacks for retention enough as it is.
Old 03-26-2012, 09:58 AM   #13
gluffs
Initiate

gluffs is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by jakob View Post
Good as it is, dont change anything, maybe the knight drop rate is a little bit high right now, but with time it will change too.
This is one off the main reasons why boss drops are unfair, if you dont have a
knight that can spam auras the chance off getting a drop is extremly low, or
rather not possible. And before everyone figured out that knight is the ultimate
boss dropper it was pure dmg barbs that got allmost all the drops. The drop rate
has atleast since i started playing been unfair where some classes never got it
since they cant compete with others.

The xp/drop system needs a revamp to make it fair for all classes giving them a
chance on equall terms to get the drop.
gluffs no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2012, 06:17 AM   #14
Vaylos
Banned

Vaylos is on a distinguished road

Sure, make boss items available as premium items.

In fact you'll kill 2 birds with one stone. The population would shrink so much that population imbalance would no longer be an issue.

Hint: making any type of weapon or armor "buyable" and super hard to get from grinding or killing bosses makes the game effectively "pay to win"

It sort of tipped in that direction with the lucky boxes, but IMO, the lucky boxes are a waste of money. You might get something nice, you might get something worse than a dropped item, usually the latter.

But I do agree, archers (well, hunters) and mages (well, warlocks) don't really get a good chance at getting boss drops. Heck, with my hunter, both on Raven, and on Horus, even if I'm doing my max available damage, I still don't get credit for helping to kill leader mobs. Even if I use both rep shot AND projectile rain, AND skill max damage/cold blood......yeah, no dice. Okay, if I'm REALLLLLY lucky, I might get 30 xp for helping to kill a leader. Assuming no barb in the group anyway.

There is a major mechanical problem with that being the case. If you're helping in a fight, you should get credit for it, period. Often times with the non-damage classes (except healers/buffers/aura spammers) there is no credit. There is no pass go, there is no collect $200. And that is wrong on both a conceptual and mechanical level. This shows itself the most with boss fights.

But, with all the legacy code and tacked on and not-well-thought-out ideas, I don't see how they can overhaul everything enough to make this happen without scrapping it and rebuilding from the ground up.

Anyway, good luck. I guess.
Vaylos no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2012, 09:50 AM   #15
gamias7
Initiate

gamias7 is an unknown quantity at this point

premium premium premium. Does anyone realise that this is a F2P game? Why all must be premium? Some people dont have or dont want to spend money to a game. Bosses are made for everyone and its irrational and unfair to make premium.

P.S: +1 for jakob
Old 03-31-2012, 05:59 PM   #16
philip111
Pledge

philip111 is on a distinguished road

when people say make boss drops premium, first thing i think of is, tons of noobs running around with dragon amulet.
philip111 no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2012, 06:07 PM   #17
Baron

71175 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by philip111 View Post
when people say make boss drops premium, first thing i think of is, tons of noobs running around with dragon amulet.
Or some donators with dragon ammys and boss ringies
71175 no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2012, 07:17 PM   #18
kmdk
Master

kmdk is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freeverse View Post
For me it sounds fair. This is the essence of balance. In games like Guild Wars it worked very well.

Just a simple example. Today i was running away from a small goat-zerg/big hunting-party (choose what you wish). When they finally cought me i was hitted from sirfranco (who is normal for me = 60 lvl) with a normal hit for 800-900 dmg, which is nothing unusual. After that i was hitted by an unchallenging player (lvl 40-45?) for ... 2300 dmg through acrobatics (5) and .
Critical hits ignore any kind of armor.
Yes seems stupid because people try to build they armor based or resists,but critical just by pass any kind of armor and you can get 2800 + dmg with easy.

About Tania idea ..yes an no.

A very rare item shall stay ...a rare,and by making this kind of item premium just will kill other activity from the game.Others activitys are allrady dead just because WM items are by far better than epic mobs drops..and like this shall stay.

Drop and xp leech are old thinks,it was a wile like 3 year a go when only conj droped at epic bosses.After knights "fix" they became a second leechers.

And no just because there are a few feature as armor enchantments that are only premium...personaly i think is kinda unfair people with money to buy a item and not use skills,and give them all the power.

A epic boss drop it is a luck based items but at least it's droped fair and for free.

And Tania ,how on the earth you hit only with 120 dmg a barb ,i hit with around 300,not a item from plat box...

And with WM long bow that is slow you can hit with 400 for sure ...on mob is other story ,you can hit even with 600 normals and over 700 crits if you build corect your setup.
Old 03-31-2012, 07:39 PM   #19
Baron

71175 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmdk View Post
Critical hits ignore any kind of armor.
Yes seems stupid because people try to build they armor based or resists,but critical just by pass any kind of armor and you can get 2800 + dmg with easy.

About Tania idea ..yes an no.

A very rare item shall stay ...a rare,and by making this kind of item premium just will kill other activity from the game.Others activitys are allrady dead just because WM items are by far better than epic mobs drops..and like this shall stay.

Drop and xp leech are old thinks,it was a wile like 3 year a go when only conj droped at epic bosses.After knights "fix" they became a second leechers.

And no just because there are a few feature as armor enchantments that are only premium...personaly i think is kinda unfair people with money to buy a item and not use skills,and give them all the power.

A epic boss drop it is a luck based items but at least it's droped fair and for free.

And Tania ,how on the earth you hit only with 120 dmg a barb ,i hit with around 300,not a item from plat box...

And with WM long bow that is slow you can hit with 400 for sure ...on mob is other story ,you can hit even with 600 normals and over 700 crits if you build corect your setup.
Again this bs about crits ignoring armor -.-
71175 no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2012, 12:52 AM   #20
NotScias
Baron

NotScias will become famous soon enough
Send a message via MSN to NotScias

The other realm awaits...
Now playing much better games
NotScias no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote