English

Go Back   Champions of Regnum > English > Game Discussion > Suggestions

Suggestions Feel free to send us suggestions and ideas for future versions

View Poll Results: Do you like some of these ideas?
Yes - please specify which items you like. 4 33.33%
No - please add your own ideas. 8 66.67%
Voters: 12. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-30-2012, 04:32 AM   #1
DemonMonger
Marquis

DemonMonger is on a distinguished road
Default Suggestions for future versions of regnum.

Suggestions for future versions of Regnum Online

Table of Contents
I. How to give gold coins more purpose in game, and boost xim sales.
II. How to bridge the interaction/communication gap between high and low lvl players.
III. How to improve clan system.
IV. How to improve party system.
V. How to better organize the realms in the warzone.

I. How to give gold more purpose in game, and boost xim sales.
1. Create a new gambling arena where players get to watch monsters battle each other.
A. Players will be able to see which monsters are scheduled to fight from ARENA NPC
B. The players will be able to click which monster they think will win from ARENA NPC
C. Players will be able to wager coins on the monster they choose at the ARENA NPC
*players can bet 10,000 - 100,000 coins per match
D. If the monster the player selected wins, the player gains x2 ofthe bet placed.
E. If the monster the player selected loses, the player loses his gold.
F. The level of the monster will be random, but not more than 10 levels apart.
G. No bets can be placed once a battle is in progress.
H. There is a 30 seconds delay after each monster battle, to allow players time to bet.

2. Create a new XIM item "Gold Coins"
A. These gold coins will be added to your in game gold once purcahsed.
B. 100 XIM = 100,000 Gold Coins
C. Players that spend all of their in game gold can purchase more gold to gamble again.

3. How monsters are chosen for the battle.
A. Two randomizers will be used to generate monsters.
B. Once monsters are generated they are given levels that are 0 - 10 levels in difference.
*If first monster is lvl 50, then second monster will be lvl 40 - 60
C. There is a small chance that the lower lvl monster will be LEADER monsters.
D. If the monster is a leader monster it will not show as leader at the ARENA NPC.

4. You must be lvl 30 + to use the monster gambling arena!

II. How to bridge the interaction/communication gap between high and low lvl players.
1. Create a new system in game called Honor Points
A. Honor points are gained when a player is in a party with a person that is -10 their level.
B. Honor points are only gained by the higher lvl players in party.
C. Honor points are gained only if the lowest lvl player in party gains XP from the monster.
D. Honor points are only gained if the lowest lvl player is closer than 35m when xp is made
E. One Honor point is gained per monster killed.
F. The high lvl player must have contributed to the battle to earn honor points.

2. What will Honor Points do for players?
A. Honor points will increase the chance of valuable monster drops in game the player.
B. 1 - 1000 Honor points will give a 5% chance to drop an item with extra stats.

1001 - 5000 Honor points will give a 5% chance to drop items with special value.
10% chance to drop items with extra stats.

5001 - 50000 Honor points will give a 5% chance to drop items with magical value.
10% chance to drop items with special value.
20% chance to drop items with extra stats.

50000+ Honor points will give a 5% chance to drop items with epic value.
10% chance to drop items with magical value.
20% chance to drop items with special value
30% chance to drop items with extra stats.

III. How to improve clan system.
1. Show players name, class, level,and online status in clan list.
2. Allow clan members to be shown on map (toggle on / off)
3. Create clan storage that admins can access
A. Allow all members to look and see what is in clan storage.
B. Allow all members the ability to send items to clan storage with MERCHANT NPC.

1. Allow all players that wish to join a party to be seen on a master list.
A. Players that want a party will click [Register for party] or [Create party]
B. If a player chooses [Register for party] they can type a message about their desires.
i.e. "Seeking xp" "Going to Tenax" "Herbred fort war" "Noble Quest"
example:
Player | Class | Level | Intention
Surak | Knight | 60 | Hunting party
Chilko | Warlock | 60 | Grinding party
Gruffy | Barbarian | 59 | Nobles Quest

C. Create party is the same as we have it now. Click a person to invite them. /party name

1. Create a Realm Lord
2. Realm lord will be voted on once a week by the players (every saturday at 11:00 am)
3. You must be level 60 to nominate yourself as realm lord.
4. Town crier in main city will accept nominations.
5. Players will get to vote for one player on the list to become Realm Lord.
6. Realm Lord gets a special costume that adds + 10 to all stats.
7. Realm Lord gets to use Realm chat once every 30 minutes
(message shows on everyones screen at the top like admin message)
8. If realm lord is at a fort / castle when captured all players at fort gain additional 10k gold/XP
9. Realm lord resets once a week

I am very tired now... good luck with these ideas!
DMC

Last edited by DemonMonger; 04-30-2012 at 07:22 AM. Reason: Added a poll and color ;)
DemonMonger no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 12:55 PM   #2
Gnupis
Pledge

Gnupis is an unknown quantity at this point

No, no, yes, yes and NO.

I answered negatively on the poll since I didn't like 3/5 ideas and I didn't want to add a positive vote to all five only because of two.

I don't think gambling is what this game needs, personally I hate it in any game but my idea is even if ngd went through the trouble to implement such a system the result would be a feature that wouldn't be much used and would be mostly distracting people from the war.

As of the second suggestion, well, NGD has put the drop rates so low for a good reason and that is to make money from lucky boxes and armor enhancements. Higher rates would be good to see even without making highlevels help lowlvls with grinding. Grinding, which is so hard also because ngd wants to make money from scrolls. Its not like I disagree with the suggestion its more like "ngd could simply make the game easier for everyone by tweaking a few droprates and experience curves instead of complex systems". Imho, interaction between lower and higher levels should be achieved by slightly reducing the gap of power between them in the warzone, thus allowing lower levels to be effective at war and participate.

About the clan system, its true clans need a better gui... I usually don't know who or how many we have online till I hear them speak. Searching the names on the list is tedious.

Better party management is not the most pressing matter but would be nice for sure. And save time too, especially on servers with lower population.

Realm Lords? Hell no. D:
Don't you think the warmaster bonuses brought enough havoc to the battlefield already? And what is a realm lord supposed to be anyway, some sort of elected leader? I think a leader can only emerge from the respect of comrades in the battlefield, if at all. Holding elections to give some person power (that even half or possibly more of the realm's players didn't approve) is not going to end well.
Imo even the warmasters update had a negative impact to player leadership. Because in a realm as soon as we get to know each otrer, we already know who to follow, which players are powerful and experienced and can come up with a good plan. Its only a matter of the moment to see who has the wit and the energy to lead, not some election. And then anyone can be warmaster and create teleports to wherever they like or use horn to motivate the group to move, just because they are in a hurry themselves. Please, no more appointed leaders.
Gnupis no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 01:12 PM   #3
bois
Count

bois will become famous soon enough

First up, NGD is not going to consider a betting game in a 13+ title. Secondly, they will not consider a NPC vs NPC fight system which will suck resources. Third, your gold system is counteractive .

To make gold more useful , first you have to sap up the liquidity in the system and make it more scarce. Thus, you need to start with a gold cap that is much smaller than the one we have now. The second part is of course gold sinks. The third part is to not encourage an alternate tender to enter the game. By this , I mean magnanite should not be tradable. It will once again fracture and destroy the gold system. The last time it actually replaced gold as the living trade tender. By living I mean from player to player commerce and not Player to system (dead trade).

There is already a XIM item which is the gold booster. We don't need any more. What we need are:
a. Transfer payments engine to less wealthy in game
b. More sinks to evacuate gold from the system .

So, we need achievements where you donate gold to the needy. Other gold sinks like pay gold to enter boss instances, enter PvP tournaments etc.

The Honour point system seems rather complicated and dependent on the party system and distribution of points which are for the most part ,imperfect.

With the game counsellors and Game masters covering the inner area quite heavily, I can't see this working well. The way the game has turned, especially support wise, I will see separation taking place unless Clans gain honour points for taking in lower level players. Remember it does not take long for a GC to run in to help with bosses in the inner area. Honestly, with the drop system rate in place, I wouldn't waste my time for a 5% increase in a 0.005% drop rate.
What I could see happening is a high level player offering themselves as a mentor. This would be placed on a bulletin board in the Cities. The lower levels can select mentors. They can then add Karma (never remove) to this player if they got useful mentoring. The points then go towards something. Probably something that would not affect balance.

III. How to improve clan system
Been suggested before. Fine with it.

When we get instancing, sure. The other part you suggest is fine.

1. Not really for this. NGD systems are just to unbalanced to get this right.
2. Time zone issues ? Dominant clan issues, cronyism, Elitism anyone ? NO.
3. Nominate yourself? NO. If you have what it takes your peers will nominate you.
4. No comment
5. 1 vote per char or 1 vote per account ? Strict time for vote? Either way is flawed. Voter padding will occur. Vote for your friends not necessarily one who could lead or be team player. Seen this happen before with draconic gem . NO thanks.
6. This is what War masters should have been but no. We have a glut of heroes now.
7. Why not give them special war banners for gold instead ? the last thing we need is someone spamming the chat channel with war and rumours of war for players who could care less. If I am inside realm and staying there, I am not interested in war. If we are getting invaded I will know. So No.
8. I guess this is to make the players follow the realm lord around like a puppy. I wonder how that will work out when players have to split up to coordinate an invasion or defend or attack multiple sites ?
9. If this was to go , The previous realm lord can't hold the title again for several months. Else we would just have a farce much akin to the Presidential race in the US. Will CNN be covering the Realm Elections with in-depth analysis and exit polls ?
bois no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 01:57 PM   #4
DemonMonger
Marquis

DemonMonger is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by bois View Post

First up, NGD is not going to consider a betting game in a 13+ title. Secondly, they will not consider a NPC vs NPC fight system which will suck resources. Third, your gold system is counteractive .

To make gold more useful , first you have to sap up the liquidity in the system and make it more scarce. Thus, you need to start with a gold cap that is much smaller than the one we have now. The second part is of course gold sinks. The third part is to not encourage an alternate tender to enter the game. By this , I mean magnanite should not be tradable. It will once again fracture and destroy the gold system. The last time it actually replaced gold as the living trade tender. By living I mean from player to player commerce and not Player to system (dead trade).

There is already a XIM item which is the gold booster. We don't need any more. What we need are:
a. Transfer payments engine to less wealthy in game
b. More sinks to evacuate gold from the system .

So, we need achievements where you donate gold to the needy. Other gold sinks like pay gold to enter boss instances, enter PvP tournaments etc.

The Honour point system seems rather complicated and dependent on the party system and distribution of points which are for the most part ,imperfect.

With the game counsellors and Game masters covering the inner area quite heavily, I can't see this working well. The way the game has turned, especially support wise, I will see separation taking place unless Clans gain honour points for taking in lower level players. Remember it does not take long for a GC to run in to help with bosses in the inner area. Honestly, with the drop system rate in place, I wouldn't waste my time for a 5% increase in a 0.005% drop rate.
What I could see happening is a high level player offering themselves as a mentor. This would be placed on a bulletin board in the Cities. The lower levels can select mentors. They can then add Karma (never remove) to this player if they got useful mentoring. The points then go towards something. Probably something that would not affect balance.

III. How to improve clan system
Been suggested before. Fine with it.

When we get instancing, sure. The other part you suggest is fine.

1. Not really for this. NGD systems are just to unbalanced to get this right.
2. Time zone issues ? Dominant clan issues, cronyism, Elitism anyone ? NO.
3. Nominate yourself? NO. If you have what it takes your peers will nominate you.
4. No comment
5. 1 vote per char or 1 vote per account ? Strict time for vote? Either way is flawed. Voter padding will occur. Vote for your friends not necessarily one who could lead or be team player. Seen this happen before with draconic gem . NO thanks.
6. This is what War masters should have been but no. We have a glut of heroes now.
7. Why not give them special war banners for gold instead ? the last thing we need is someone spamming the chat channel with war and rumours of war for players who could care less. If I am inside realm and staying there, I am not interested in war. If we are getting invaded I will know. So No.
8. I guess this is to make the players follow the realm lord around like a puppy. I wonder how that will work out when players have to split up to coordinate an invasion or defend or attack multiple sites ?
9. If this was to go , The previous realm lord can't hold the title again for several months. Else we would just have a farce much akin to the Presidential race in the US. Will CNN be covering the Realm Elections with in-depth analysis and exit polls ?
The realm lord bonus would attract people to forts.
As it is many people do not go to wars or bring support when beacons are placed on the screen. Players will vote for who they wish with realm lord, and the realm lords message will be seen with ease. (some people lag when they press M to see the map and cant see beacon messages!)
I could never suggest that all beacon messages scroll across the screen.
Would be chaos....

Thanks for our feedback. Let's see what people say in the days to come.

Last edited by DemonMonger; 04-30-2012 at 02:07 PM. Reason: Getting dressed for work adding a few lines at a time.
DemonMonger no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 03:39 PM   #5
bois
Count

bois will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by beatle187 View Post
Imho, interaction between lower and higher levels should be achieved by slightly reducing the gap of power between them in the warzone, thus allowing lower levels to be effective at war and participate.
Had they actually done the Warmaster beacons differently and level capped them, then we could potentially see some nice usage .

This would leave the top level players who have power points and HP and mana to excess unbuffed and actually allow significantly lower levels to be able to compete temporarily in the war zone by accessing the buffs. These low levels would be constrained by not having adequate power points or mana to become an efficient temporary level 56-60 ish player. In large groups in combination with 1 WM they could be quite destructive. This is where the collaboration from an early stage comes in.

They would potentially last longer and have fun. It could be a welcome distraction from the mind numbing grind from 42-60 (of which there are almost no quests). Ah well too late for that now.

Another option was to provide level capped , strong jewellery in the game.
So you could have a rare drop ring with a high bonus but constrained to say maximum, level 42 player. These are things that would close the gap and make the game more interesting. The bonus is that you don't have to fiddle with all the spells and level power differences.

Of course this would mean NGD would actually have to go in and balance spells again. But that is for another thread.
bois no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 08:28 PM   #6
Rising_Cold
Master

Rising_Cold is on a distinguished road

buying gold with xim, ok, since gold is awefully hard to get these days
if you grind for drops you'll lose half of more of what u made.. yh that will get u fort wars repairs..

but for the bets.. no, thats just nah

as for the honor points, i like the idea
I rather have that it goes for just being near, coz most of the time nice players
that help out lowbies, just borrow pet/summon and do not participate to let that lowbie get all the xp.
It sounds like it will be increadably hard to do tho..

the clan
I like it dont see why its not in the game already

the party
having to ask for one all the time is annoying, but i dont see this working very well

warlord
it wont work, ppl need to listen, getting a warlord is just another way to let
some lv 60 players feel better than the rest.
If some1 is worth listening too, most players will. That person is rewarded by ppl that listen,
I would love to just say yes and stalk that warlord to every fort to get gold
but i dont think it will improve the game, it just improves the player that is warlord at that time.
Old 04-30-2012, 09:32 PM   #7
Shwish
Baron

Shwish is on a distinguished road

The only way I believe NGD can give gold a purpose is to force players to trade with gold by using a system such as an Auction House that was suggested countless times on this forum.
Shwish no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote