Invasion development is a very important challenge which requires performing a series of changes and adjustments to several game mechanics and balance. As a part of this process, we will be communicating these changes with the proper clarifications.
Regnum is one of the few massive games that have a global chat as big as the Realm Chat.
Even if you find several positive features to this chat, let me say that this was a transitory solution to the low amount of players that Regnum had when we started the project due to the big distances that had to be covered for a player to find other.
Let me tell you some of the negative aspects of the Realm Chat:
· Spamming: These kinds of messages are commonly useless and disturbing. Also, there is a lot of communication in the War Zone that has nothing to do with attacking/defending but more with the PvE aspect of the game, including questing and commerce.
· Making the world smaller: As communication is based in instant messaging in global measures, moving around the map has a lower value threatening real meeting points that could be used to chat, commerce, etc.
· Server performance: To have all chat messages delivered to every player of a realm involves more server processing power and higher bandwidth consumption.
Therefore, considering that today we have a proper quantity of players, we chose this decision:
Realm Chat will only be available inside the Realm (inside the great wall) and in the War Zone, the only way to communicate will be general chat, the Clan and private groups or chats.
Results we want to achieve:
· Make Clans more powerful and important: Being the only way to communicate globally, Clans will be more valuable, their organization will be more important and have a big Clan will imply being in touch with people from all around the world.
· Better spaciousness: If someone is talking to you will be because he/she is near and doing the same thing as you.
We hope that you understand that this is a deeply thought decision and devoted to a substantial game enhancement. Soon we will announce some features to provide a better feedback in the War Zone besides the chat.
· Less LAG: Also, as a consequence of this design decision, there will be a lower consumption of server resources and bandwidth in the War Zone.
You can test this new method in the experimental server (Amun).