This forum is closed for posting. Please, join us in our Discord server at discord.gg/regnum. See you there!

Go Back   Champions of Regnum > English > General discussion

General discussion Topics related to various aspects of Champions of Regnum

Closed Thread

Old 08-18-2010, 08:12 PM   #21
TheMessenger
Banned

TheMessenger is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hamster_of_sorrow View Post
there seems to be a trend that the first iteration is the one that is implemented
what? they have changed many spells that people disagreed with
TheMessenger no ha iniciado sesión  
Old 08-18-2010, 08:13 PM   #22
Ulti19
Master

Ulti19 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by chilko View Post
AO1 is so OP that the other protection and blocking spells are not used at ALL...

please try combining those spells not relying on just one OP spell
Also Chilko, you guys took away the only spell that blocked for knight, protector, so I don't see how this argument makes any sense.
Old 08-18-2010, 08:15 PM   #23
chilko
NGD·Studios

chilko is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hamster_of_sorrow View Post
there seems to be a trend that the first iteration is the one that is implemented
Please try to be honest... look into all these iterations and you will see a lot of adjustments. look at Dead Eye from 6 to 7 for example.
chilko no ha iniciado sesión  
Old 08-18-2010, 08:15 PM   #24
Pimousse
Initiate

Pimousse is on a distinguished road

This change in Ao1 seems hurt knights a lot (10 sec and 400 mana ...). But with all the changes, who can predict how gamelpay will be in live with large fight ?

Isn't it time to "test" in live servers ? Why somany change in one go ...
Old 08-18-2010, 08:15 PM   #25
Hamster_of_sorrow
Self-called retired user

Hamster_of_sorrow is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
AO1 is so OP that the other protection and blocking spells are not used at ALL...

that is because any blocking spells are either useless or not practical. (or being taken out like protector)
Hamster_of_sorrow no ha iniciado sesión  
Old 08-18-2010, 08:15 PM   #26
Immune
Master

Immune is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Spell Changes:
  • Force armor: duration increased to 60 seconds Cooldown increased to 70s. Protection reduced to 10-30%
  • Precise block: Same duration for all levels (30s). Block chance adjusted 10%-30% from level 1 to 5.
  • Dead Eye: speed penalty reduced to 5%- 15% from level 1 to 5.
  • Steel Skin: Resistance Bonus reduced to 50%-70% from level 1 to 5
  • Heroic Presence: Cooldown reduced to 120 seconds. Cast time reduced to 1.5 seconds. Protection reduced 40% - 80% from level 1 to 5. Mana reduced to 320 – 400 from level 1 to 5.
  • Army of One: changed for a more tactical use. Duration Reduced to 10 seconds in all levels. Cooldown reduced to 30 seconds. Casting time reduced to 0.5 seconds. Mana reduced in all levels to 320 to 400 from levels 1 to 5. (try using a combination of awareness and rigorous preparation for better tanking)
  • Natural Armor: Protection reduced to 10% to 30%.
  • New Spell for hunters: Reveal Enemy. Allows a Hunter to interrupt the effect of camouflage, Stalker Surroundings , and camouflage corps. Duration 15-50 seconds. Cooldown 20 seconds. Mana 200-300.
  • Enhanced Stalker Surroundings: Now caster and his allies can move with a reduced speed of 40%. Allies loose the effect if they get 10 meters away from caser for a period of 5 seconds.
  • BUG fix: a bug with Recharged Arrows when running out of mana has been fixed.
Not sure about reducing conjurer defenses... they're already pretty vulnerable. Especially force armor; That was pretty borderline useful as it was. A 10-30% armor bonus I'm afraid will do next to nothing, because a mage's base armor is too low for an armor bonus (especially a small one) to do much for them. I suppose we will see how this plays out in combination with general armor tweaks.

As for Ao1 change, I can't say I support it. Same deal as cold blood: too short a duration for too much mana.

Everything else looks good. I especially like how hunters seem to be taking a possible support role now, I'm eager to try that out.
Old 08-18-2010, 08:18 PM   #27
Comp
Count

Comp will become famous soon enough

Slight Balance Issue with Stalker Surroundings

Hunter can use stalker and move ANYWHERE they want with pet. Basically a camo with pet for 5 minutes. This is even more OP then Camo + Pet.

Also, slight change needed for this to work well in RvR. Members needs to be able to see each other in stalker; otherwise, folks will have issues moving - etc.
Old 08-18-2010, 08:20 PM   #28
Dannboy
Initiate

Location: With DB on the top of Mount Doom were Sauron lives.
Dannboy is on a distinguished road

Quote:

I gave up on those after you nerfed Blocks to the point of nothing but a dice game. :/
By you I mean NGD ^^
I really like defensive stance tho ^^
Dannboy no ha iniciado sesión  
Old 08-18-2010, 08:25 PM   #29
Ulti19
Master

Ulti19 will become famous soon enough

Something I failed to bring up also is the current mana consumption. I've been playing on mobs and fort guards and 400 mana for every 10 seconds is not possible. Basically, to get the use of my old army of 1, I would have to expend more then 2000 mana. If you plan to reduce the effect to 10 sec I suggest reducing the mana of army of one to a max of 150 for lv 5.

And the duration itself is far too short, if I cast this before charging at an enemy I will already be on cd before I reach them. Only chance is to use this now in a fight already. But in the end it won't matter because my enemies will just wait or knock me once and it will be over. And I will not have another 400 mana to be able to stratigically recast this.
Old 08-18-2010, 08:27 PM   #30
chilko
NGD·Studios

chilko is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Compost View Post
Slight Balance Issue with Stalker Surroundings

Hunter can use stalker and move ANYWHERE they want with pet. Basically a camo with pet for 5 minutes. This is even more OP then Camo + Pet.
We are looking into this, we thought that maybe the 40% speed penalty was good enough to compensate.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Compost View Post
[

Also, slight change needed for this to work well in RvR. Members needs to be able to see each other in stalker; otherwise, folks will have issues moving - etc.
we are still developing this feature... of course members will be able to see each other.
chilko no ha iniciado sesión  
Closed Thread