This forum is closed for posting. Please, join us in our Discord server at discord.gg/regnum. See you there!

Go Back   Champions of Regnum > English > The Inn

The Inn A place to gather around and chat about almost any subject

View Poll Results: Worst Class?
Barbarian 3 4.48%
Knight 14 20.90%
Hunter 18 26.87%
Marksman 3 4.48%
Conjurer 7 10.45%
Warlock 22 32.84%
Voters: 67. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-22-2017, 07:56 AM   #1
Hayir
Master

Hayir is on a distinguished road
Default Worst Class?

There is currently a poll on the spanish forum about which class is currently the worst.
To my surprise they consider knight as the worst, where i would have expected warlock to be the first.
https://www.championsofregnum.com/fo...d.php?t=108384

I always had the feeling the english community considers knight to be a decent class.

I read a bit through that thread with a translator, and if i understood right they mostly want a buff to knights in tanking and damaging. But I think they don't understand how OP the class will be if you buff the current knight in such ways. Knarb is already extremely strong, with the only weakness of low mobility, but that's an obvious downside for such a tanky class.
I personally wouldn't mind a buff for knights either, but rather in the support role.

Do we really want a ratio of 5/6 offensive classes? I really hope NGD doesn't go too much by that poll.

But let's see how the english community sees the classes.
Old 01-22-2017, 08:32 AM   #2
Kimahri_Ronso
Baron

Kimahri_Ronso is on a distinguished road

There is no such subclass as worst or best, each of them have their advantages and disadvantages, be it RvR or PvP.

There are only useless spells for each subclass, even too many.
Spells form the class, skills should be changed, it'd solve everything.

Didn't vote .
Old 01-22-2017, 08:36 AM   #3
Hayir
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimahri_Ronso View Post
There is no such subclass as worst or best, each of them have their advantages and disadvantages, be it RvR or PvP.

There are only useless spells for each subclass, even too many.
Spells form the class, skills should be changed, it'd solve everything.

Didn't vote .
Well there are many ways you could word that question.

Which class does need a buff the most? Which class has the most skills that need a change? etc.
And whichever class you think needs it, is basically worst for you.
Old 01-22-2017, 08:57 AM   #4
Monthser
Secondary account

Monthser is an unknown quantity at this point

Yeah, i saw it too and i was surprised to see that knights consider their subclass as the worst. Locks are in bad shape true, but knights? Imho they are quite well, not perfect but much better than in the past. I dont know but it could be that a couple of players with multiaccounts started to vote like mad to try influence NGD.
Monthser no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2017, 01:18 PM   #5
mind-trick
Apprentice

mind-trick is on a distinguished road

I chose knight but thinking about it a bit longer i shouldve chosen lock lmao.
I think knight is considered worse in ra because more people means more damage means less tankability i guess & there are more knarbs in ra.
But yea, its between lock and knight for worst class
mind-trick no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2017, 03:20 PM   #6
Hollow-Ichigo
Count

Hollow-Ichigo is on a distinguished road

Warlock is the most useful class on Ra after conjurer and barbarian. The reason knight is fine on Haven is because you need a bunch of barbs to focus one down, and their general tankiness is enough to survive for a long time. On ra you just get area'd to death like everyone else.

http://imgur.com/a/qJrTu

I didnt choose a class since I think they are all currently decent.
Old 01-22-2017, 04:43 PM   #7
Sentan
Master

Sentan is on a distinguished road

Most people here will just vote for their main subclass lol BTW poll results are public

I vote for warlock since this is the most outdated class in CoR.
Old 01-22-2017, 04:58 PM   #8
Hayir
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollow-Ichigo View Post
Warlock is the most useful class on Ra after conjurer and barbarian. The reason knight is fine on Haven is because you need a bunch of barbs to focus one down, and their general tankiness is enough to survive for a long time. On ra you just get area'd to death like everyone else.

http://imgur.com/a/qJrTu

I didnt choose a class since I think they are all currently decent.
I disagree, at fort fights, which class do you see survive the longest pretty much always? It's knight. If 4 barbs hit you while you are unbuffed, of course you are supposed to die, what else should kill you? You are not supposed to be unkillable as a knight.
If you are unbuffed because you were CC'ed. it is your allies fault for not dispeling you. For not healing you, for not giving you shield wall.
I really wonder what most knights vision their class to be. That they are literally unkillable? That all there allies die and just they stand around...and do what?

Also those area rushes from behind that happen all the time on RA and wipe zergs, maybe once in a while hunters should do their job and try to warn the group. It isn't really that hard to avoid those rushes if you pay attention. Most won't move an inch even if you warn them though, but that's another story.
Old 01-22-2017, 06:07 PM   #9
Hollow-Ichigo
Count

Hollow-Ichigo is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hayir View Post
I disagree, at fort fights, which class do you see survive the longest pretty much always? It's knight. If 4 barbs hit you while you are unbuffed, of course you are supposed to die, what else should kill you? You are not supposed to be unkillable as a knight.
If you are unbuffed because you were CC'ed. it is your allies fault for not dispeling you. For not healing you, for not giving you shield wall.
I really wonder what most knights vision their class to be. That they are literally unkillable? That all there allies die and just they stand around...and do what?
In that screenshot I was in defensive stance, its not uncommon for 1.5k+ areas to get through. I agree that knights survive the longest but from what I've noticed, most people dont even take defensive auras, or even protect ally for that matter. Using knight as a knarb is probably the worst thing to do but people enjoy it for some reason

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hayir View Post
Most won't move an inch even if you warn them though, but that's another story.
No one reads the chat, you can say 'atras verdes/cabras' as much as you want but people will just stand still like they are invincible or something. Such is life on a server full of scrubs
Old 01-22-2017, 08:05 PM   #10
Pery3000
Master

Pery3000 is on a distinguished road

Eh I chose Marks because I don't like how they are now. Maybe I just miss the old marks the best? Back when Thorky Sb was the best bow to have. When every marks used SB as main.

As of now Marksmen is in a bad state. Yah dmg is fun but after 20 mins I get bored. I guess playing it for most my RO life doesn't help. Worst WM spells in the game.

I do agree that mostly every class is decent depending on the situation. Didn't chose lock because it's godly on RA. Don't really care what people say. So much value having them at the fort.