This forum is closed for posting. Please, join us in our Discord server at discord.gg/regnum. See you there!

Go Back   Champions of Regnum > English > General discussion > Welcome

Welcome New users can introduce themselves to the community here

Old 08-16-2014, 09:26 AM   #1
BarfBarf
Pledge

BarfBarf is on a distinguished road
Default New-game info

Hi,
is this game worth starting on?How large is the population?Can you like pvp when you want or it's dead and boring most of the time?
thanks
BarfBarf no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2014, 09:50 AM   #2
Wi3ld
Master

Wi3ld is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by BarfBarf View Post
Hi,
is this game worth starting on?How large is the population?Can you like pvp when you want or it's dead and boring most of the time?
thanks
Hey there BarfBarf. I want you to know straight up, this game has some bugs, but the developers are constantly working on them and getting feedback from the players, which is great stuff.
The levelling experience can be quite daunting, but once you're high enough to enter the warzone and start fighting other players, it's one of the most addictive MMO's you will play. The combat mechanics are second to none, in my honest opinion.
Population on the International server Haven (Mostly English), is FAR FAR less than RA (Mostly Spanish, though there are some English speaking clans). So if you care less about chatting and more about action, you might want to play on RA. You can play any server at any time, but will need to grind separate characters.
PvPing is possible.
1. You can purchase dual banners and fight a realm mate anywhere you want
2. You can take a friend to the arena (for free) and fight them there. Though you are limited to fighting someone around your own level.
3. You can make friends with someone in a different realm (by social networks or whatever), and agree to meet somewhere to fight.
4. Occasionally the players themselves hold little tournaments where every one gets together for a bit of PvPs and fun.

More on the population, European mornings the server can be quite dead, for my realm anyway (ignis). This is on Haven. I've played on RA, and it seemed really active most times of the day. It was a lot of fun, but I missed my friends and gear on Haven, so I went back.

As I said, the levelling experience will be hard. I won't lie. The quests are quite mundane and boring. You can purchase booster scrolls to gain more experience per mob/player-kill which will greatly reduce your grinding time, but it's still hard. Max level is 60 at the moment. Once you reach 50-55, things start to get more interesting and you'll find better gear to help you out.
There's many helpful clans in each realm which will help you find stuff also.
Now, I'd say play it for a couple of weeks and see how you feel afterwards, but that wouldn't be fair on the game really, because the first couple of weeks will suck so bad. It won't get interesting until you can carefully go into the warzone (The place where you can attack other players and capture forts). There's A LOT of videos on YouTube with Regnum gameplay. Check it out and you'll see how fun it can be if you stick with the grind until later levels.

Best,
Old 08-16-2014, 10:11 AM   #3
Cuchulainn
Master

Cuchulainn is on a distinguished road

most things are already said by Wi3ld.

Just a few clarifications:
Quote:
[...]but once you're high enough to enter the warzone and start fighting other players, it's one of the most addictive MMO's you will play.
The actions against other realms is considered RvR (Realm vs. Realm). The game is especially fun in the RvR part. PvP can also be fun, but is less common and depends more on gear than RvR.

IMHO if you play as conjurer or as a knight, you can easily join fort fights against other realms at lvl 40+. With other classes you better wait a few levels more, until your ready for RvR.

I think the RvR of the game is worth the grinding. When you reach higher levels it can make sense to buy experience boosters, if you want to progress faster. A permanent mount is also very worth the money. You can also get a mount via a quest, which lasts only 1 week.
Old 08-16-2014, 12:20 PM   #4
BarfBarf
Pledge

BarfBarf is on a distinguished road

Ok thanks for the clarifications, not sure what to pick either Conjurer or Marksman
Always played melee classes in other games so want to go for a ranged one or a support
Conjurer seems to not have many support skills tho
And are the classes balanced or there's any OP one ?
BarfBarf no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2014, 12:34 PM   #5
Hayir
Master

Hayir is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by BarfBarf View Post
Ok thanks for the clarifications, not sure what to pick either Conjurer or Marksman
Always played melee classes in other games so want to go for a ranged one or a support
Conjurer seems to not have many support skills tho
And are the classes balanced or there's any OP one ?
I would recommend you to watch few vids on youtube of each class and decide for yourself which looks the most fun for you.
Here is also a summary of all classes: http://www.championsofregnum.com/for...ad.php?t=80434

Everyone will most likely just recommend and defend their own main class.

Anyway Conjurer is the only class with serious healing spells and got definitely a lot great support powers, just like knights.
Hayir no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2014, 02:05 PM   #6
Wi3ld
Master

Wi3ld is on a distinguished road

If you are used to melee, but want to have a go at support, Knight may be a good choice. They can use auras to protect allies, dispel negative spells on them while giving them a minor heal, but they can also wield a weapon providing melee damage. They also have the best armour in the game. A fully buffed Knight can be absolute hell to take down.
Old 08-26-2014, 11:48 AM   #7
Ipain
Pledge

Ipain is on a distinguished road

Hey barfbarf if you pick the mage class you will start as a simple mage but after you hit level 10 you may pick a class warlock or conjurer, once you are a conjurer you will have plenty of supporting spells like buffs and heals
Ipain no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote