This forum is closed for posting. Please, join us in our Discord server at discord.gg/regnum. See you there!

Go Back   Champions of Regnum > English > General discussion

General discussion Topics related to various aspects of Champions of Regnum

View Poll Results: Remove Resists?
Remove resists, that you can count with that, what you do. 14 29.17%
Make them weaker, that its lesser resists, but still the "surprising effect" 6 12.50%
Make them stronger, that anyone resist more. 3 6.25%
Keep them as it is, that the lowbies still can be happy about her high resists. 25 52.08%
Voters: 48. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-23-2019, 01:12 PM   #11
Candyx
Initiate

Candyx is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by AntibioTsu View Post
They don't have any advantage. It's a waste of mana and time for the caster, and it may even spell his death if it's a crucial spell like a CC.

The worst part is that the receiving end doesn't even have to make an effort to resist said spell, making it undeserving. It's a guaranteed passive everyone has since they create a character, that both the caster and the receiving end cannot properly control.

I'll just take the chance and rant about one of the dragon armor set buffs for warlock being +15% spell resistance, that translates into ridiculously low absolute increase.
Resists are the counterpart for natural evasion.

I agree that the 15% spell resistance on lock dragon gear is shockingly weak.
Old 03-23-2019, 01:57 PM   #12
AntibioTsu
Initiate

AntibioTsu is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Candyx View Post
Resists are the counterpart for natural evasion.
True, and I also admit evasion is a "free stat" that doesn't demand any thought or action from he who benefits from it.

Despite this, resists are a lot more punishing because you invest mana and are expecting an effect from them, while evades just translate into damage avoidance (which can be more or less important as we're talking about barbarians with 2k damage swings or not).
Old 03-23-2019, 05:45 PM   #13
Barreln
Pledge

Barreln is on a distinguished road

A "normal" Fight.
Barreln no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2019, 08:17 AM   #14
Aver
Initiate

Aver is on a distinguished road

Why don't making it work properly? It would be very nice if it worked as it says because... Just like crit chance, the numbers in the toon stats mean nothing. Back when Champ barbarian gaunts gave u total Crit chance, I reached 80'ish total crit chance, but out of 10 hits, only 3-5 were crit I know this isnt about crit chance, Im using it as an example because if it happen to work properly I bet people would try Spell Resist gear/skills, and mages could focus in wearing full Intelligence gear rather than full consti.
Cheers.
Aver no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2019, 12:17 PM   #15
halvdan
Master

halvdan is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aver View Post
Why don't making it work properly? It would be very nice if it worked as it says because...
What makes you think it's not working properly?
The case about critical HC you described isn't in contradiction with randomness with such probability.

Maybe if you made test that could bring credible results, that would make some sense.
Old 03-26-2019, 11:24 AM   #16
Skjringsaal
Duke

Skjringsaal has a spectacular aura aboutSkjringsaal has a spectacular aura aboutSkjringsaal has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by MDpro View Post
3) I believe players (especially pvpers) should be able to be ready for a possible resist and be able to adapt their strategy if it happens.
There is no possible adaptation because there is no strategy you can follow when the games says to you that now your lucky opponent has the control of the situation only for statistical issues, even if he failed in all the aspects you need to result winner in a combat.

Maybe the middle point between doing nothing and erasing resists is making them more complex in terms of what happens when it takes place:

- No CD for the skill resisted and long global cooldown
- Your opponent receives a cut in his casting and enters also in global cooldown

Signature by Alextrix.
Skjringsaal no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2019, 01:33 PM   #17
Candyx
Initiate

Candyx is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skjringsaal View Post
- Your opponent receives a cut in his casting and enters also in global cooldown

Ha! I'm guessing this is a joke, because if I resist a random reveal spam at a fort whilst playing on my conj, I'm going to be more annoyed about the cut in cast speed than I've ever been about a resist.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skjringsaal View Post
There is no possible adaptation because there is no strategy you can follow when the games says to you that now your lucky opponent has the control of the situation only for statistical issues, even if he failed in all the aspects you need to result winner in a combat.cooldown
I don't get why this is such a contentious point. There is a clear strategy you can follow when dealing with resists. Here's a situation where the enemy resists and that leads to a huge benefit for them:

Lock: dismounts and darkness a barb
Barb: runs at lock waiting for darkness to end
Lock: casts damage spells
Barb: hitting lock for 800's (unbuffed)
Lock: casts silence just as darkness is about to cd... but wait it was resisted
Barb: UM... easily kills lock

This is i guess the problem you're talking about. But if you're doing this then you're ignoring the chance of resists. The lock should have instead already cast slow on the barb, and kept their distance since they know the barb has UM ready to use as soon as they can cast it, and that the locks silence *may* be resisted.

What is comes down to is either accepting resists exist, or not doing so. If you accept they're part of the game, then you can play with the possibility of resists in mind. If you don't accept they exists and play as though they don't, then you'll die every time an enemy resists. Think of it another way - resists are exactly the same as spell. You can rage about locks having lightening or darkness or w/e but you if you want to succeed you have to alter your play to deal with the spells. *This* is part of the reason the Golums in game can stun you, the lions can knock you down etc. it teaches you to be aware of spells and do your best to mitigate their effectiveness on you. This is also the reason mobs resist spell.
Old 04-29-2019, 03:57 PM   #18
halvdan
Master

halvdan is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Candyx View Post
What is comes down to is either accepting resists exist, or not doing so. If you accept they're part of the game, then you can play with the possibility of resists in mind. If you don't accept they exists and play as though they don't, then you'll die every time an enemy resists. Think of it another way - resists are exactly the same as spell. You can rage about locks having lightening or darkness or w/e but you if you want to succeed you have to alter your play to deal with the spells. *This* is part of the reason the Golums in game can stun you, the lions can knock you down etc. it teaches you to be aware of spells and do your best to mitigate their effectiveness on you. This is also the reason mobs resist spell.
I completely agree;
The actual reason why people are so dissatisfied with resists is the fact that they'd like to see the gameplay deterministic(like chess) and not stochastic.
It's completely normal and understandable, that one likes deterministic games more, but it's matter of taste really.

My opinion is that resists should stay. There is a problem with resist reducing spells - sadistics, challenge, and new crash, though - it's the fact that in reality those are not worth casting, while any other spell would serve better.

That could be improved by either making them area spell resistance reduction or having the spell resistance reduction only as minor side effect(so the spell would be used mostly for other effect - which is actually why some people skill challenge 1).
Old 04-29-2019, 04:44 PM   #19
_Lutz_
Pledge

_Lutz_ is on a distinguished road

IDK but since warmaster expansion, resists increased a lot. Some weird things.. sultar terror getting 8/10 resisted, typhoon also... I need to find those screenshots

If instead of "lucky" based.. was some kind of "charge resist" and during fight this get high till 100% then next spell on you will be resisted would be nice... idk but i'm about to drop feint spell on my knight.. 90% of time is resisted...
_Lutz_ no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2019, 08:13 PM   #20
Barreln
Pledge

Barreln is on a distinguished road

Tell me something about.
Just now, a conjurer resist confuse, and give barb di afterwards.
Just some minutes later, the same barb resist slow down.
Feels only like a cheap joke.
Barreln no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote