This forum is closed for posting. Please, join us in our Discord server at discord.gg/regnum. See you there!

Go Back   Champions of Regnum > English > General discussion

General discussion Topics related to various aspects of Champions of Regnum

Old 03-01-2013, 12:31 AM   #11
standistortion
Master

standistortion is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raindance View Post
Just give the option for WM's and remove that WM chat. I mean, they are War Masters, they should be spreading their knowledge to new players.
That sounds right.
standistortion no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 12:56 PM   #12
Groark
Banned

Groark is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by standistortion View Post
That sounds right.
That sounds completely wrong. WM chat is a privilege for wm and a usefull communication tool in the wz. Besides if you remove it then NGD should have to think of a replacement. So keep off the wm-chat.
Groark no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 01:10 PM   #13
Shwish
Baron

Shwish is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Groark View Post
That sounds completely wrong. WM chat is a privilege for wm and a usefull communication tool in the wz. Besides if you remove it then NGD should have to think of a replacement. So keep off the wm-chat.
I don't think you fully understand what is being suggested. To my understanding, he is proposing to remove the rarely used War Master chat and replace it with the option to allow only warmasters to use realm chat inside the warzone. Not only does this allow warmasters to help newer players out with any questions they might have, it also gives players who are not warmasters something to look forward to. There aren't too much warmasters so it will not produce the same amount of lag the old realm chat did.

As it is, realm chat is totally baron aside from players trying hard to welcome the incoming steam members to the game. Sooner or later that too will cease so having some kind of communication with experienced players is much needed.
Shwish no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 02:03 PM   #14
_Kharbon_
Baron

_Kharbon_ is on a distinguished road

Imho, the warmaster chat, at its current state, is just useless - noone checks it constantly, since most people have the general chat tab on, to see information from surroundings, party, and clan. I check the wm chat occasionally, just to find out, that I missed something.

Therefore, if the chat gets set up so it shows in the general chat (same as clan and party do now), it could work well. In its current state, it's not much useful.
WM - WM - WM - 56 - 53 - 50

_Kharbon_ no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 02:22 PM   #15
Phlue4
Master

Phlue4 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raindance View Post
Just give the option for WM's and remove that WM chat. I mean, they are War Masters, they should be spreading their knowledge to new players.
I like this idea, +1
Old 03-01-2013, 06:09 PM   #16
Raindance
Initiate

Raindance is on a distinguished road

Quote:
I was just suggesting to replace it so that only WM's can have realm chat in the warzone, otherwise everyone else will still have it, only inside the realm. It obviously took some time and skill to get to WM, so WM's should be the players with the big brains to help out the noobs (/half sarcasm). Anyway, care to tell me how the WM chat is useful at all? Maybe we don't play in the same realm, but Ignis communication skills are far up our asses.

Last edited by Raindance; 03-01-2013 at 06:24 PM.
Raindance no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 06:17 PM   #17
Slartibartfast
Master

Slartibartfast is on a distinguished road

Quote:
WM chat channel is unuseful since noone really reads what's in it. I made the list of chat window suggestions, and improving visibility of unread messages is described in point 5.
Old 03-01-2013, 07:11 PM   #18
Wield_II
Master

Wield_II is on a distinguished road

Information is motivation.
Wield_II no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 10:13 PM   #19
AariEv
Initiate

AariEv is on a distinguished road

Thanks for giving us realm chat.
Old 03-02-2013, 12:48 AM   #20
standistortion
Master

standistortion is on a distinguished road

This is working out well in Alsius so far The chat tabs are a pain though, it would help if the tabs shrunk to fit the panel width. And customisable colours and content and links and fonts and and and.....
standistortion no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote