This forum is closed for posting. Please, join us in our Discord server at discord.gg/regnum. See you there!

Go Back   Champions of Regnum > English > General discussion

General discussion Topics related to various aspects of Champions of Regnum

Old 08-21-2007, 07:33 PM   #11
magnet
Count

magnet is on a distinguished road

Bad behaviour = insults, harassment, hate speech, bug exploits. Which is kinda hard for someone not of your realm. (Btw, they speak Spanish so they are unlikely to read this, so no need to post).

If the bad behaviour is tele-killing, altar camping, gate camping, etc... That sucks, but heh, it only affects their honor. Nothing to do with game rules, it's totally allowed (and fortunately so, being a bad-ass and a jerk shouldn't be forbidden by the game... or else how will we recognize jerks from other realms? :P).
magnet no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2007, 08:14 PM   #12
Reuhman
Master

Reuhman is on a distinguished road

to those who want some screens, i have some but i can't upload them to the forum (says "unable to uplod/copy", etc). i wanted to post them. couldn't. so i sent them to ngd's abuse-report email. anyway.

i don't think that save camping/ tele-killing, etc only affects people's honor. it affects the game itself. people are not angry beacuse they lost a fight at a fort or whatelse. but people are very upset when they see (or suffer from) tele-killing, altar camping, gate camping. some just leave the game (i hope they come back later, i'm not always here to check). this is bad behaviour.

with pics and all (and temporary bans, etc) this can be prevented. that's why i took the screens.

if everyone did this i'm pretty confident it would end.
Reuhman no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2007, 12:43 AM   #13
magnet
Count

It's not forbidden in the Terms of Service, and I think rightly so. I don't condone such behavior, don't do it myself, and leave most parties who do; but I don't think it shouldn't be forcefully prevented at all either.

It would be a shame that anyone would get banned for such actions. If the teleporter shouldn't be killed, then make it so he can't be. I think he should be killable, but that one shouldn't because they don't *want* to. If they want, let them do what they want (it respawns very fast anyway), and let them bear the shame of being a lamer.
Old 08-22-2007, 01:18 AM   #14
Froste
Baron

Froste is on a distinguished road

make the teleporter level 50 and give him armour! and make him kill the shit out of you when you attack him! newbies don't belong in warzone, and the teleporter is an ultra newbie
Old 08-22-2007, 01:22 AM   #15
Reuhman
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnet
let them bear the shame of being a lamer.
i think there's something you don't get: there is no such shame in this game. people are raping you on your lvling place all day long, killing you at the save and when you're afk, etc. They choose to do it. They suffer no shame for this. And more and more players are following them. Fort fighters don't get more respect than other players.
Old 08-22-2007, 01:31 AM   #16
magnet
Count

And what's your point? If they don't care, let them . Banning them is not a solution, and if they kill you again and again, either stop caring (El Pozo isn't far from the Altar, neither is the Alsius' gate), get a party to kill them ASAP, or do the same to their realm... The solution must remain *in-game*. It's *NOT* abuse, it's only lame playing.

When I'm with someone who kills the teleporter, in most cases (but it depends) I just leave him there. Because I disagree with the behavior doesn't mean it should be forbidden or enforced against anyhow. This is WAR.

PS: of all those, afk Altar killing sucks most imho, because sometimes it happened to me while being afk for only 30 secs on a trip to my toilets . But each time I killed them back, so no pain, no gain .
Old 08-22-2007, 02:08 AM   #17
Reuhman
Master

you're saying the same thing as if you said: people smoke around you in public place, by doing this they bother you and kill you a little faster but there is no law preventing this (well in my country there is now but it's brand new) so you might just say nothing and let them do.

well then the fact that bad behaviour is not punished is NOT going to stop me from giving the names and screens and asking for the players to be temporary banned or indeed punished.
Old 08-22-2007, 04:25 AM   #18
daresbalat
Master

daresbalat is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reuhman
i don't think that save camping/ tele-killing, etc only affects people's honor. it affects the game itself. people are not angry beacuse they lost a fight at a fort or whatelse. but people are very upset when they see (or suffer from) tele-killing, altar camping, gate camping. some just leave the game (i hope they come back later, i'm not always here to check). this is bad behaviour.
Seriously, there's a few characters that are despised in syrtis for gate camping. I see these playes die SO much faster than others in fort fights because everyone sets their targets on them. What goes around, complely comes around. Maybe if you play a little longer or talk to more people you will experience this But there definitely is honour in regnum, also talk to ANY decent hunter about how fast they get targeted
daresbalat no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2007, 04:26 AM   #19
daresbalat
Master

daresbalat is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reuhman
you're saying the same thing as if you said: people smoke around you in public place, by doing this they bother you and kill you a little faster but there is no law preventing this (well in my country there is now but it's brand new) so you might just say nothing and let them do.
oh PLEASE. regnum is a COMPUTER GAME. people save camping will not GIVE YOU CANCER. please give up the LAME analogies
daresbalat no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2007, 04:57 PM   #20
NightTwix
Count

NightTwix is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnet
The solution must remain *in-game*. It's *NOT* abuse, it's only lame playing.
I see it like magnet.

Spawncamping isnt that common or effective since the invention of the 120sec timer that you can freely disable.
Gatecamping is still possible, maybe it would help if the guards were made aggro and the teleporter very very hard to kill (better impossible)

But neither of these actions deserve a temp ban
NightTwix no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote