This forum is closed for posting. Please, join us in our Discord server at discord.gg/regnum. See you there!

Go Back   Champions of Regnum > English > General discussion

General discussion Topics related to various aspects of Champions of Regnum

Old 02-17-2009, 07:42 AM   #71
Miraculix
Count

Miraculix will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drogar
my new setup after a few tries is; pets,scouting,shorts max, evasion&tricks 11. i think that setup works better for me now. as you said Miraculix mobility lvl 5 is hard to give for me too, but after sotw change i depend on pet more, also i couldnt give up passive speed so only left option for me is max evasion or shorts and i choosed attack power. but if i would not use pets, i would max tricks instead. btw in your setup what did you max Miraculix?
pets evasion scouting max, tricks and shorts 11. You don't sacrifice any power with shorts 11, believe me, dual shot 3 is evil enough. For a very nice mana cost too You lose rep shot, of course, and tear apart if you use it (i don't) but I'd much rather have all my level 5 buffs, keep sotw and have lvl5 mobility than to have repshot that you can only use in certain cases, and hope that it doesn't fail you because if it does, you just wasted a fuckload of mana for it. And repshot is practically melee range, and since it's an area it has meaning only in group attacks. I'm not an easy kill but I'm not suicidal either, getting in the middle of a huge group is a tactic i try to avoid, most of the time

PS: If you have doubts about sacrificing rep shot, check out this sneak attack fail. Compare the repshot I got on me with the ensnare I landed on the guy who did repshot on me.

1567 damage from 2 spells, no rep shot included.

And another nice ensnaring:

I certainly don't feel like I have sacrificed power...

Last edited by Miraculix; 02-17-2009 at 07:53 AM.
Miraculix no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2009, 09:36 AM   #72
_dracus_
Count

_dracus_ is on a distinguished road

I played a bit with both kind of setup you guys are refering to. And both works fine.
Old 02-17-2009, 02:25 PM   #73
Comp
Count

Comp will become famous soon enough

You get those ensnares only if your buff'd in one way or another.
Old 02-18-2009, 07:46 AM   #74
Drogar
Pledge

Drogar is on a distinguished road

im trying my setup that i mentioned here (btw thx comp for that setup), and it works fine for me, this setup is good for make a quick work of lvlers. a few notes about this setup;

*as you said Miraculix rep shot is not used as much as others but i used it a few times and works very well, i killed 2 half hp mages almost at the same time thx to rep+tear+dual. also rep is good for smaller scale fights when 2 groups crashed in an open field.

*about evasion tree, i didnt have much problem of run away with this setup so far, just 2 times couldnt escape and died, if i had max evasion i would manage to escape. or maybe if i could find 1 or 2 points to low profile, thx to passive speed,at one of my old setups low profile lvl 3 helped me so much.
Drogar no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2009, 10:43 AM   #75
Ertial
Master

Ertial is on a distinguished road

Since the last update I changed from a hunter that was reasonably well capable of contributing to wars to a hunter that needs to run -- like a coward as some people would say -- very often in order to save his life.
I'm much less powerful.
Dropping my pet isn't a real option, but if I would want to give my character the same power as before -- excluding the pet -- I'd have to. But I can't live without a pet, it would make me even more vulnerable than I already am.
Old 02-18-2009, 12:21 PM   #76
Drogar
Pledge

Drogar is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yest
Since the last update I changed from a hunter that was reasonably well capable of contributing to wars to a hunter that needs to run -- like a coward as some people would say -- very often in order to save his life.
I'm much less powerful.
Dropping my pet isn't a real option, but if I would want to give my character the same power as before -- excluding the pet -- I'd have to. But I can't live without a pet, it would make me even more vulnerable than I already am.
yes we are really weak then before the update now, but sotw was really overpowered and its ok now i think. maybe we could have some more armour points but anyway, i think we roughly have these 2 options: cos of the reason we are more fragile now, either we will choose a setup that will let us run for not to die or a setup that will help us make more dmg before (possible) die. i choosed 2nd one and try to avoid dangers as much as possible while seeking for a sneak attack. ofc the 1st kind of setup will make me live longer but in return i couldnt get kills as much as 2nd one.

maybe decision between these 2 kinds of setup depends on the role you choose for your self; want to be a *hunter" or want *not to be a victim*. we can be weak but we have suprise factor&with a pet fear factor on low lvls,my aim is not "taking the dmg and stand still",if so i would choose a knight, my aim is to hunt as much as possible "suprise,i was here for seconds watching your hp bar come close to half". if im noticed/ambushed/run into enemy group, its mostly my fault so i deserved to go back to save.

all i wanna try to tell is, after the upgrade, after we lost sotw, we can choose even more aggresive style and be even more annoying then before
Drogar no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2009, 01:10 PM   #77
gluffs
Initiate

gluffs is on a distinguished road

Im no experienced hunter. But i found that playing whitout a pet whit "ninja"
setup was extremly fun and very challanging. My hunter is only lvl 44 atm so i
lack skills that im gonna have at final setup. But i feel that i can still put up a
good fight even against lvl 50 players. I still do alot off mistakes and die
because off it but hey, im on a learning curve. And i still have a major problem
against other hunters whit pet, but i think when i get some more levles so i
can get distract i can put up a better fight against them. But in the end i dont
really care if we are weak or strong, i just want to have a fun character that
can be an evil fingernail in everyones eye. And that is exactly what my ninja
hunter is now, FUN And for me thats the whole point off playing.
gluffs no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2009, 08:26 PM   #78
DerSeher
Pledge

DerSeher is on a distinguished road

I've dropped my pet and play my hunter now like something between barbarian and marksman - not really effective, but very funny
And sometimes my rep shot (1500-1700) is very useful, too.

Solo id play with evasion 15 (And with pet of course) - I'm no fan of running, and dealing damage is much more fun than having a better defence.
DerSeher no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2009, 08:29 PM   #79
DkySven
Marquis

DkySven has a spectacular aura aboutDkySven has a spectacular aura about

My current setup is http://www.tres-erres.com.ar/rg/?ver=DkySvan

You; ll have very weak defense with it and will die fast in big fights, but in small fights and pvps it's quite good.(Except of course when position lag messes up stunning fist >.<) I use a medium range 25 shortbow as main weapon and a slow range 30 longbow for catching.
DkySven no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2009, 06:28 PM   #80
Radian
Apprentice

Radian is on a distinguished road

I've been trying a petless setup with long slow 30 when heading into war.

I've max'd long and scout. That lets me use para to extend range, and swap between shield pierce(5) and ensnaring(5) for damage. Both have fast cooldown and can do decent damage with an ambush/sudden strike in there somewhere. I can stalker the party, track, camo in and out of forts, and even though projectile rain doesn't hit for much, if used with camo, low profile, and a little luck during fort war, it's extra dmg, and can clean out some of the nubbies or low HP attackers. It also does +100% dmg, but not sure if that is for all, or just me....?

I play around with the rest in in evasion and tricks. Ambush, Sudden and Confuse are nice for supporting others from the walls when the melee is in range. Evasion stuff keeps me alive. I wish that most of that tree was one spell. Too many extra buttons Leftovers go in short to get the dex buff.

Most of all, I try to keep my head down. Give others intel, confuse the conj's, knock down the warriors, and keep the archers at bay in a support role. I'm getting targeted more, and dying less, so it must be working

I use completely different setup at the moment ( short with pet ) for solo hunting/grinding.