This forum is closed for posting. Please, join us in our Discord server at discord.gg/regnum. See you there!

Go Back   Champions of Regnum > English > General discussion

General discussion Topics related to various aspects of Champions of Regnum

Old 06-13-2017, 06:36 PM   #91
UmarilsStillHere
Marquis

UmarilsStillHere will become famous soon enough

I say this with information that's mostly about 6 or 7 years out of date but...

Personally, I think the game would work far better if you chopped out levels 0-50 entirely, kept the 50-60 arc as is, and upped the XP from Player Kills significantly.

Its a stupid idea that would never happen of course, but being able to throw players directly into war in a meaningful way would help population to no end. The Realm Guard pack looks like it is tailored towards this idea, but frankly 45 is at least 5 levels too low. Especially with mob aggro as it is.

Last edited by UmarilsStillHere; 06-13-2017 at 06:51 PM.
UmarilsStillHere no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2017, 08:11 PM   #92
Dumberest
Master

Dumberest is on a distinguished road

i said it years ago and i will say it again.

TURBO server until Haven reaches an acceptable level of players.500% exp all day every day.

can you imagine the amount of 500% scrolls people would buy to get from 1 to 60 in a day or two? and then we have another player in the wz.if they cant buy scrolls they are still getting awesome exp and will be wz ready in a week of constant play.

players will see thier exp bar moving and feel like the grind isnt so bad.

getting more people into the wz should be the aim,currently new players start then leave about the time they hit the 30-40 gap where no mobs to kill,that needs to be fixed pronto!

heck hold contests with free lvl 60 scrolls for new players who sign up.do anything you can think of to get players into the wz.
Old 06-14-2017, 10:34 AM   #93
Pashmiri
Pledge

Pashmiri is on a distinguished road

Like that idea Hotter x
Old 07-06-2017, 10:51 AM   #94
rinky
Initiate

rinky is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBarbarianAlsius View Post
Ra is INFESTED of ex-Haven players , every week someone quit Haven to join RA . We need something right now ,maybe in few months it gonna be too late.
It is much more fun to play where many other people are playing. It is decidedly not fun to play where there are no other players, particularly in a game which rewards playing with many other players.

Gaining level in war is also much easier (and play is more rewarding) on RA.

So, of course they are moving over.
rinky no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2017, 07:11 AM   #95
rinky
Initiate

rinky is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBarbarianAlsius View Post
Ra is INFESTED of ex-Haven players , every week someone quit Haven to join RA . We need something right now ,maybe in few months it gonna be too late.
Darn straight, and I'm one of them.

RA has people playing it. Constantly. Even during low population, enough are online to play the game. There really aren't enough new people coming online, but there are new people coming online, who have never played the game before.

MMOs are social games. Social games don't work without people to be social with. And even shy geeks like me like to be social in an introverted sort of way.

Community is the fundamental problem with Haven. Haven has a social problem, not a game problem. The game itself is fairly fun to play. The social interactions on Haven drive away new players. The social interactions on RA do not drive away new players, and, in fact, attract some new players.

Why? What's the difference between the communities on the two servers?

Rinky
rinky no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2017, 07:46 AM   #96
The_Pirate
Initiate

The_Pirate is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by rinky View Post
Haven has a social problem, not a game problem
+1 10charrule
The_Pirate no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2017, 01:08 PM   #97
Lebeau
Banned

Location: 'B-F-Egypt', Virginia, U.S.A. (please pity & forgive us poor american fools!).
Lebeau is on a distinguished road
Unhappy

Quote:
Originally Posted by rinky View Post
...Why? What's the difference between the communities on the two servers?...
I can't speak to Haven's other realms (as I don't play either), but in Alsius, many literally go out of our way to help the new players, with clan offers, gold, gears, advice, & help versus quest bosses, etc. All that they gotta' do is ask. WTF more can we realistically do?....

Lebeau no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2018, 01:47 PM   #98
Vanstone2017
Pledge

Vanstone2017 is on a distinguished road

Lets also be honest everyone. I've been off and on since Raven. It was fun back then. It could still be. Everyone complains that Haven is empty. So fill it. They dev team does not create the social aspect of this game that so many of us crave and complain about. Its a player issue not a dev issue. Do you want haven to be fun again? Log into haven, play there, have a social experience there as more people come online to do the same it'll get better. Stop bitching and go do something about it.
Vanstone2017 no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote