This forum is closed for posting. Please, join us in our Discord server at discord.gg/regnum. See you there!

Go Back   Champions of Regnum > English > General discussion

General discussion Topics related to various aspects of Champions of Regnum

Old 03-27-2008, 08:06 PM   #51
Hell_bound
Master

Hell_bound is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiechan
I am just tired of the fact that...

Oh Katiechan, no one is "looking down" on you!

It's just have to know how your words sometimes make others feel.

This is funny really because this is what people tell me, but usually I'm not the one to start it. Unless its a needless whine thread, but again I digress.

And yes being overly dramatic can cause a lot of problems with how people perceive you, just look at how they flame me

But I haven't seen anyone flame you.

However, when you say that you are "ignored during war" - don't feel bad most people are even DM. Why do you think he's solo most of the time?

I don't know if its the lure of RP, or if this is the first time a lot of these people have played an MMO, or the fact that the game population is made up of people from different nations and thus use different languages; but whatever the case war as a game play is dismal (in my opinion). So don't feel bad your not alone.

And to add to this - look at most of the arguments that make about balance - its mostly from a one-on-one perspective, which makes me believe that a lot of people feel alienated during war.

You don't have to stop posting, nor sink to anyones lvl - but know that we all have to learn and sometimes to learn we have to be the bad guy, be mocked at, or even win at times.

Life its a blessing and a curse...
Hell_bound no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2008, 08:07 PM   #52
_dracus_
Count

_dracus_ is on a distinguished road

Quote:
I am just tired of the fact that:
- No matter how hard I've tried
- No matter how long I've played
- No matter how many people I've killed, even when they were 10-15 levels above me
- No matter that I've been trained by the best

I never amount to anything in Regnum and people like Demon point it out in their arguments against me.

Why am I treated this way? Here's the real reasons, and it's not because I'm not a good player...
- I've had too many characters and realms, so no one remembers me
- None of my characters have hit LV50, which is considered the "de facto" requirement for being a "good player"
- Other reasons that really have nothing to do with skill, but no one wants to say them because they don't hold

Has anyone even looked at the clan my Hunter is in?

Znurre voted for me for best Barbarian. And it's not because I'm LV50(I'm not), it's 'cause I use tactics.
You talk about the first time when people did something, well I was one of the first defensive Barbarians in the game.

I was one of the first Hunters in the game who didn't run away, but fought until the very end.

I'm just not going to post in these kinds of threads anymore, I won't lower myself to everyone else's level when I know that I am a good player and easily one of the best in Syrtis, and that in most cases my knowledge exceeds others because it's what I do for a living, I make games--I do balance, I study each skill, how to use it, when to use it.

Not too far off from Demon, really.

I may seem overdramatic to you, but keep in mind that I put up with this every damn day. With the exception of a few people, I am largely looked down upon or ignored during war, and because of that I've been forced to play solo.

So I'll continue to give the enemy free RPs and not escape, but at least I die honorable defending my comrades...
And my realm(s).
I just want to share with you and the others my view on running/escaping. When I'm alone I prefer to fight on my terms as DMC said. When I'm fighting in group I try to help stronger class/character to win debuffing or ambushing ennemies. If the battle is lost, I have to choice escape if I can, or try to dmg the most one of my opposant. It just depends on how much mana I still have.
During fort wars I don't care of dying, I'll fight to kill ennemies mage first and everything else coming to our mage. If I can't I target archers.
Old 03-27-2008, 08:12 PM   #53
DemonMonger
Marquis

DemonMonger is on a distinguished road

Quote:
- No matter how many people I've killed, even when they were 10-15 levels above me

I never amount to anything in Regnum and people like Demon point it out in their arguments against me.

Why am I treated this way? Here's the real reasons, and it's not because I'm not a good player...
- None of my characters have hit LV50, which is considered the "de facto" requirement for being a "good player"
- Other reasons that really have nothing to do with skill, but no one wants to say them because they don't hold

Znurre voted for me for best Barbarian. And it's not because I'm LV50(I'm not), it's 'cause I use tactics.
You talk about the first time when people did something, well I was one of the first defensive Barbarians in the game.

I was one of the first Hunters in the game who didn't run away, but fought until the very end.

I'm just not going to post in these kinds of threads anymore, I won't lower myself to everyone else's level when I know that I am a good player and easily one of the best in Syrtis, and that in most cases my knowledge exceeds others because it's what I do for a living, I make games--I do balance, I study each skill, how to use it, when to use it.

I may seem overdramatic to you, but keep in mind that I put up with this every damn day. With the exception of a few people, I am largely looked down upon or ignored during war, and because of that I've been forced to play solo.

So I'll continue to give the enemy free RPs and not escape, but at least I die honorable defending my comrades...
And my realm(s).
Hey.. you know.. I feel the same way... fort wars frustrate me... I see it like this... how hard is it to toggle the life bar of allies on screen?

This is how you do it
{press and hold V} then {press ENTER ENTER} now {release V}
everyone on screen will show up and stay on screen.. once you heal them the names will vanish from screen until you put them all back again...
To clear the Screen just press { V V }

this is what conjurers must do... I too feel i do not get healed eough.....

when a conjurer sees a large group that needs healing with the above method... he or she should use area heal... and another should use the protection from skill 50% skill in staff mastery this will defend the team as they all regain life... swap out and rotate who does healing when...

Heal over time on a pet that has skin of the beast makes it almost imposible to kill.....

theres just so much... that i feel other players can do as well ... i agree 100%.... But You are known... you are spoken of... and you do matter in regnum...
I'm sorry that I used such harsh words with you.. again.. you were not meant to bare the blunt of my anger... Forgive me...

every player is a different shade.. a different color in the world of regnum.. and we are all equally important....
DemonMonger no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2008, 08:19 PM   #54
Hell_bound
Master

Hell_bound is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by DemonMonger
... every player is a different shade.. a different color in the world of regnum.. and we are all equally important....
This is why I love DM, and also I know from personal experience that the believes this deep down in his heart.

All Hail DM!

Edit: /bows to DM and kisses his feet
Hell_bound no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2008, 08:22 PM   #55
Comp
Count

Comp will become famous soon enough

Quote:

And my realm(s).

---

I'll leave you with my LV45 setup:

Short bows 7
Lightness 2

Long bows 7

Tricks 9 (some of this is spare points)
Ambush 2
Stunning fist 2
Retaliation 2

Evasion 19
Dodge 2
Mobility 5
Acrobatic 5
Spell elude 5
Wits 5
Son of the wind 5

Scouting 15
Ensnaring arrow 4
Wild spirit 4
Enemy surveillance 3
Camoflauge 3

Pets 19
Tame beasts 5

Pets do suck, but I use them because:
- I like to have a companion, and to people of a lower level it adds a fear factor
- They do not cost mana
- They are a distraction for the enemy

My pet is a LV46 Great Leopard, and I've only had it die in one 1on1. Warlocks try their best, but it just don't die.
I'm not sure why, and it's why I've avoided going to another pet. Think it's the evades.

It's hard for me to pay attention to it during a battle though, so I may never know.

For me, mana is the key. Notice that I have Wits(5), only Enemy surveillance(3), and pet instead of damaging spells.
This means I can run around 100% buffed 90% of the time yet still have full mana.

So how do I kill the enemy with such a setup? Well, it's all in the tactics....
I think of you highly...your an effective group hunter and you are always in the group that kills me from syrtis
Old 03-27-2008, 09:58 PM   #56
aric_swartzell
Master

aric_swartzell is on a distinguished road

Isn't peace nice? group hug!
aric_swartzell no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2008, 10:24 PM   #57
Comp
Count

Comp will become famous soon enough

Oh.....

IMO, pets don't suck if you know how to use them. Most that don't like pets just haven't learned how to use them. It's okay - and I do know it is a pain managing them in a battle; however, they are FAR better than they used to be.
Old 03-27-2008, 11:12 PM   #58
Mangyokeo
Pledge

Mangyokeo is on a distinguished road

Dmc...post your level 45 setup for us non-50 suckers please...
Mangyokeo no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2008, 04:12 AM   #59
ljwolfe
Master

ljwolfe is on a distinguished road

heheh sara - I think you are great. Now I get no respect, and i don't deserve it No matter, I have other things I do well than play this game
Old 03-28-2008, 01:19 PM   #60
ljrossi
Count

ljrossi is on a distinguished road

I been playing Regnum around a year and a half.

The configuration are very dinamic, and is good time to time change becase basicly enemys strategy changes.

For example I swap from a pet or no pet configuration , when the pet is been killed more often or when i go more to war or groups.

I put high tricks when i need confuse to get ride of many conjus or hunters(that are ataking our levelers)

Also ususally changes made by ngd makes us change also, the pet was usully lost very often, I play without them a lot of time.

Now with new camuflaje seems to been better for surprise attacks.

Julius 60 - Clan Fuego de Fenix
ljrossi no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote