This forum is closed for posting. Please, join us in our Discord server at discord.gg/regnum. See you there!

Go Back   Champions of Regnum > English > General discussion

General discussion Topics related to various aspects of Champions of Regnum

Old 07-02-2011, 07:00 PM   #11
bois
Count

bois will become famous soon enough

To be fair, this bug has been around a long time but, they have attempted to fix it many times.
Some versions were better than others. If I recollect clearly, the 1.0.7 update was probably the best of the lot which was followed by the not so good 1.0.8.

They seem to be constantly tweaking it with sometimes unexpected effects. 'Phantom Swing' was touted as a 'feature' when they could not resolve that issue.

Since then , there have been tiny but incremental improvements in the positional issues.Some horrendous some quite decent. Had other variables remained the same they might have conquered it by now. However, the game was sped up, the ranges compressed and other changes which kept this issue as a constant frustration to some.

For me, I have had a gradually improving experience. Phantom hits are much less than before, I can judge range (visually) a bit better although horn did break it a bit for me.
Much of my suffering comes from my location at the moment. A ping of over 250 and sometimes ~300 (Service provider issues), variable ping and sometimes jitter get the better of me now. Despite all these constraints I am still able to play and most times, able to do fine. So I cannot assess the net code because of outside factors but, I think they have done a decent job so far , considering the fact that their server is not exactly central to their user base and they are building something to cover a wide spectrum of ping including their own country.
bois no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote