This forum is closed for posting. Please, join us in our Discord server at discord.gg/regnum. See you there!

Go Back   Champions of Regnum > English > General discussion

General discussion Topics related to various aspects of Champions of Regnum

Closed Thread

Old 08-31-2011, 05:13 PM   #101
Silent-herbs
Pledge

Silent-herbs is on a distinguished road

When today the servers were going down i thought "Wow! They gonna fix the numerous bugs"!
Alas! Naive Haushinka!
Who cares about bugs when we have a new event?

Please, finally DO something about hunters!

Pets are bugged incredibly:
1. Pet_name either doesnt work at all, or the name dissapears when you mount a horse.
2. If you have waited your entire life to rezz the pet and then you relog or crash or mount a horse (yet again) you have to wait for the rest of your life again to be able to rezz it.
3. After the "balance" update pet is either dissapears all of the sudden, or is situated in another dimension.

Pets are made of bugs.

And I agree with everything Clavin said here : http://regnumonline.com.ar/forum/showthread.php?t=80860
Silent-herbs no ha iniciado sesión  
Old 08-31-2011, 05:18 PM   #102
Thrillem
Secondary account

Thrillem is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frosk View Post
...... What we try to do by launching this stage 1 is to try and learn, that's it....
There is where NGD is wrong. You do not use the customers as ginnea pigs in their normal servers. First of all NGD should plan very carefull the changes and second you still have Amun for testing. I think that it is not very proffesional to implement half developped changes with the idea of "we will see how it turns out". Normally this way of doing business would inevitably lead to a bankruptcy. Do you want this?
Thrillem no ha iniciado sesión  
Old 08-31-2011, 05:39 PM   #103
_Nel_
Master

_Nel_ is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by bois View Post
Its funny Nel, First a Journalist, then the politically correct. Bets are out that the next might be a lawyer. .
Sorry, I didnt grasp what you meant.

Quote:
If you wonder what do I mean by "Styles", an example of this can be pretty much showed by asking Horus and Ra players separately what do they think about Bridge Wars. I saw a thread a couple o' days ago from Horus users saying that they loved them, but in the meantime back in Ra they hate them because they consider them too repetitive.
Because players want diversity. Some people likes much more bridge wars, some fort wars, some doorless fort wars, some open field fights, some invasions, etc.
But not only bridge / only fort / only open field fights.

Problem is, you guys in NGD want to stick to a single idea and promote it to an extreme point, and so you screw up every other sides of the game. I think it's not the best way to do.

Map is big enough to implement new ideas as outposts, low level warzone island, saves dependant on a specific flag, etc. without screwing up the main part of the game.

Quote:
What we try to do by launching this stage 1 is to try and learn, that's it.
As a said in the spanish forum, this helps us out to get a better idea when it comes to balancing specific skills, because instead of just reading people speculating, complaining or saying that they just like it, we actually see them play, we see them react, and we observe them how they adapt to this.
Problem with NGD, it will take many months to revert a bad move.
And only if we are lucky enough to NGD noticing it quickly.

Quote:
Well yeah, back in the last Balance Update, stages were uploaded in Amun, but they weren't tested as much as we wanted to in real battle with every user in-game.
Make announcements on live servers, plan date and time for giant tests, etc.

Live servers are not testing servers.
Old 08-31-2011, 05:41 PM   #104
chilko
NGD·Studios

chilko is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by _Nel_ View Post
Rofl exactly. Only "Mumify" got reverted from chilko's original ideas.
Please don't personalize this.
Mumify was not my idea, and i don't even know why it's not part of the update.
I've been away for two weeks.

After carefully studing your feedback, we believe that you guys are not taking into account all of the spells out there.
In terms of the CC's duration we came to the conclusion that we will also shorten their duration. But we will do so in stage 2 (after we see these changes in action)

Confuse and other things that where discussed will also be adressed at a later stage.

We plan to have balance updates every month or even maybe every 2 weeks.

These changes to OP Knocks will make some other spells whay more interesting, please check those out.

finally, we also planned to include the central saves on this update but it was impossible because we have different versions of the game world for the next update (castles)

we can't modify only certain parts of the gameworld.

Castles will be launched during September
chilko no ha iniciado sesión  
Old 08-31-2011, 05:57 PM   #105
Raindance
Initiate

Raindance is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by chilko View Post
None of the other personnel couldn't have given us this information? I (not sure about others) thought you had vanished.

Quote:
In terms of the CC's duration we came to the conclusion that we will also shorten their duration. But we will do so in stage 2 (after we see these changes in action)
Good, but then what was the point of lowering the range of Ambush and Will Domain? I like those changes, but if you consider lowering the duration at least give back the range.

Quote:
Confuse and other things that where discussed will also be adressed at a later stage.
Cool, about time.

Quote:
Hopefully this will be possible and we won't be kept in the dark.

Quote:
These changes to OP Knocks will make some other spells whay more interesting, please check those out.
I see what you mean.

Just how I feel. Overall I like this update, people have to actually use more brains. But if the saves were returned I'd like it even more.

EDIT: Sorry I had just seen this now. http://regnumonline.com.ar/forum/sho...8&postcount=14
Raindance no ha iniciado sesión  
Old 08-31-2011, 05:59 PM   #106
NSer
Banned

NSer is on a distinguished road

[WHINE]
Lolz i already tired to count how much barbs with kick 5 i have met today..... seems all barbs reskilled for it to compensate feint lost. And u know what sucks? Even on lvl 50 barb i able to get lvl5 kick without much sacrifice to.[/WHINE]
Well now i can counter ambush with MoD^^
NSer no ha iniciado sesión  
Old 08-31-2011, 06:17 PM   #107
isgandarli
Banned

isgandarli is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by NSer View Post
[WHINE]
Lolz i already tired to count how much barbs with kick 5 i have met today..... seems all barbs reskilled for it to compensate feint lost. And u know what sucks? Even on lvl 50 barb i able to get lvl5 kick without much sacrifice to.[/WHINE]
Well now i can counter ambush with MoD^^
Nooo Don't use MoD in 1 vs 1
isgandarli no ha iniciado sesión  
Old 08-31-2011, 06:35 PM   #108
_Nel_
Master

_Nel_ is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Sorry, since you were the poster, I took your name.
It was not directly toward you, I don't know who and how are taken balance decisions in your company.

From a reader point of view in this forum, it looks like you're the manager in charge of balance update.

Quote:
Same as Raindance just above. If duration is shorten, it's better to give range back. No need to nerf spells to a total uselessness.

Quote:
You'll make lots of people very happy.

Quote:
I'm astonish!
Nice decision to speed up the process!

Quote:
Don't worry, we are doing it every day we play.
Old 08-31-2011, 06:43 PM   #109
_Kharbon_
Baron

_Kharbon_ is on a distinguished road

I have to say one positive thing about the update: It was made according to the promised timeline

I love jumping, I like the feint nerf, I'm ok with the will domain nerf and even knights receiving feint doesn't seem so bad atm.

The other things.. I don't like so much :/

I hope the other balance stages improve the situation (of hunters mainly ).

Oh, and I hate the falling damage
WM - WM - WM - 56 - 53 - 50

_Kharbon_ no ha iniciado sesión  
Old 08-31-2011, 07:10 PM   #110
Zas_
Count

Zas_ is on a distinguished road

Quote:
And ? Aren't you supposed to communicate in your company ?
Still, fortunately, we don't have that Mummify.

Quote:
After carefully studing your feedback, we believe that you guys are not taking into account all of the spells out there.
Lol. Seriously, most of forum posters are core players since years, and you suppose we don't know about "other" spells.

Quote:
Nice conclusion, only few years late.

Did you consider add a damage limit for certain CCs (ie. knocks) ?
I proposed knocks with fixed duration of 5 seconds, with a damage limit breaking the spell, depending on spell level, ie 200 @level1 up to 1000 @level 5.
So the knock effect is max 5 secs or less if enough damages are taken.

Quote:
Hmmm, did you finally conclude there's an issue with Confuse ? Bravo !

I proposed removal of Confuse AND Divine Intervention. Replace them by spells with narrower spectrum (those are wide spectrum, blocking tons of powers, causing frustration).
Ie. a spell with Cannot heal effect for 10s, or a Protection vs Cannot Heal
duration 60s CD 90s

Quote:
So when is the stage 2 ?

Quote:
Like ?
Will you FIX broken/useless spells BEFORE further balance stages ?
Will you introduce NEW spells ?

Quote:
finally, we also planned to include the central saves on this update but it was impossible because we have different versions of the game world for the next update (castles)

we can't modify only certain parts of the gameworld.

Castles will be launched during September
September is now, so i guess you mean end of September, which means mid-October, with bugfixes mid-December...

In the meantime, will you FIX reported bugs ?

I mean bugs that break the gameplay (ie. spell animations invisible when one cast outside sight, Camouflage visual effect broken by going out of the fort, Health bar 100% when one is entering a fort, Horse teleporting back when mounting, GC stuck in central column of towers, Beacons and teleports not working as they should in gc room, jump animation when going out of a fort...)

Note that i reported bugs in appropriate thread during amun tests, and NONE was fixed when you released stage 1...

Can you FIX bugs and outdated information on website and rankings ?

I don't really dislike this update (just another bad one), but i hate the way you did it.

Oh, i forgot, can you handle my ticket about bought Premium items that didn't appear in my inventory, one month and half ago...

And please make warmaster armor stashable, i'm OB on first -strength spell (low str, high weight, low spell resist, -> slow effect)

Let's hope Stage 2 will not deceive as much Stage 1...