This forum is closed for posting. Please, join us in our Discord server at discord.gg/regnum. See you there!

Go Back   Champions of Regnum > English > The Inn

The Inn A place to gather around and chat about almost any subject

Old 11-27-2015, 11:20 PM   #21
EMIN
Initiate

EMIN is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulmar View Post
So tonight I had some free time that I wanted to spend in RO. Much to my dismay, there were only 10 people on in Ignis when I logged, and the server seemed completely quiet.
Not discouraged yet, the two members of my clan that were online and I decided to try to take Aggy, in order to create some action. We got killed by 5-6 goats. We went there again after some time, got killed by 6-7 goats. We went there again, got killed by 10+ goats.

Never did anyone move to attack us in return, except Loque who tried alone Meni and Samal... only to be killed by 4-6 Ignis players.

Still not discouraged, we made a final attempt at Herb. Got killed by 5-6 gelves.
After that, we logged off.

My point here is that the reason Haven is "dead" (according to many, perhaps the majority of those reading at this moment), isn't ONLY the population. There were probably at least 10 players in every realm tonight. Yes, that is low, but still enough to have some fun fights.

But it happens very often that not even half of all the players online decide to take part in wars or create some action. That leads to situations like tonight, where boringness seems to be the only option.

If more Ignis tried to take forts with us, or if the ennemy realms players did attack us back, there was a good chance that it could have started action, since at least some of the afking/grinding/whatever players would have come back to defend their realm. And once the fort would have been taken back, we would have probably tried to attack an ennemy fort, thus starting the well-known Agg/Samal or Herb/Samal ping-pong action.

And, the thing is, action and population are linked in a vicious/virtuous circle : If people log on and see no action around, they usually log off quickly (as we did), leading to even less action. But if they do see action when they log on, they're likely to join it, which creates even more action (or zergs... But realm balance isn't what I'm discussing here). We've all seen 5vs5 turning into 10vs10 and then 15vs15 I think (Roughly, of course the numbers are rarely the same for the two realms, but when the difference isn't too big, they both tend to grow).
So, the more people are willing to create action, the more chance there is that it brings even more players, and thus "stabilize" the action ( = there is almost constantly a fight going on. Like european Friday evenings for exemple).

I get that this may sound naive. Of course this is all an ideal description of events, which ignores many other factors. But trust me, the will of some to create action DOES have an impact : I've seen it a lot in Nemon.

Near to its end, Nemon probably barely had half of Haven active population, in terms of number. We did have less action, for sure. But not much less. Because, being so few, we knew the only way to keep having fun was to move our asses and create the fight ourselves, not just wait for it to come. I believe that many old Nemon players would agree with me on the point that people were much more eager to war back there.

TL;DR : Haven is "dead" not only because of low population, it's also because of the "lazyness" of its players. If you want action, go create it, and don't camp forts/CS. This could make the server much more enjoyable for everyone.

Sorry for the walls of text, but I wanted to express myself on this matter since a long time, especially since I think this is overlooked by many. Feel free to constructively disagree with me. ^^
Yh I agree on this. I better stay away for a while because nothing has changed yet lol. Nowadays people rather socialize than create some action (nothing wrong with this tho). I bet there would be much more action if Haven has less "trolls" and "lol watch me Im the best" attitudes. Sad but I kinda miss Nemon.
EMIN no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2015, 09:34 AM   #22
Slartibartfast
Master

Slartibartfast is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elva Hunter View Post
Serious i don't know how someone still can feel "honored" in say that play in alsius. Serious, alsius lost so much of its "glory", because is not new that goats never enjoyed to face a good fight "face to face". but now days, my god....is sick.
Stop running away from fight then. You and me alone last night, you ran all the way to pp, with no intention to fight.
Old 11-28-2015, 11:39 AM   #23
TurboLover
Apprentice

TurboLover is on a distinguished road

You meant to say elva vs your zerg?
Old 11-28-2015, 11:41 AM   #24
Slartibartfast
Master

Slartibartfast is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurboLover View Post
You meant to say elva vs your zerg?
No. As I said, me and him alone. No one of my realm mates were nearby.
Old 11-29-2015, 02:23 AM   #25
Full of Fluff
Pledge

Full of Fluff is on a distinguished road

any time you wana 1v1 im around
Attached Images
File Type: jpg screenshot 2015-11-28 21_21_21.jpg (42.8 KB, 37 views)
Full of Fluff no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2015, 06:32 PM   #26
Hollow-Ichigo
Count

Hollow-Ichigo is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loque View Post
I really don't believe Haven will improve in any case. My idea of Regnum from the start has been the same and still the same as this pic:

http://i.imgur.com/aCw628Y.jpg

I don't want anything else from the game, not Syrtis, not gems, not invasions, not portals, not anything else. My best moments from the game have been just that.
Only reason i logged on tbh, those pn fights would last hours sometimes. Now they dont even happen anymore
Old 11-29-2015, 07:36 PM   #27
Anunnaki
Banned

Anunnaki is on a distinguished road

Rip pn war.
Anunnaki no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote