This forum is closed for posting. Please, join us in our Discord server at discord.gg/regnum. See you there!

Go Back   Champions of Regnum > English > General discussion

General discussion Topics related to various aspects of Champions of Regnum

Old 03-10-2014, 06:46 PM   #11
errei
Banned

errei is on a distinguished road

good thing me and my bro left the game this kind of things drives me so mad...
pls remove relic lock =(
errei no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2014, 07:17 PM   #12
Slartibartfast
Master

Slartibartfast is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by _Kharbon_ View Post
There are times, when the server is low on population. This was so even before the relic block. Simply, european mornings are a downtime. I have nothing against relic block during those times.
I still don't understand why low server population should be criteria for relic lock. Why not one-realm overpopulation? Why not overpopulation in general?
Old 03-10-2014, 07:19 PM   #13
MxCx
Initiate

MxCx is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by leafdale View Post
making public numbers logged in and times could make it easier for everyone to see precisely when and if any sort of lock is worthwhile.

but this is risky because it can also act to harm the business. malicious parties can use the information.

also -- the server was extremely busy over the weekend in war. sometimes i feel there is a long quiet period after sessions of high activity. maybe that is what slarti saw?
This weekend saw a 24 hour boost, that's why there was so much activity. The past few weekends before that, I seemed to notice that less people were on even during the busiest times. I'd like to see more boosts like last weekend, since it was so much more active, and I'm sure they sold more xim.

OT: I'd like to see relic lock removed as well. I play at different times, and it completely kills action on the server during the lock times. I agree with Lebeau, all the relic lock does it support the current zerg realm. At the time it was decided, Alsius was the strongest realm and it broke our zerg, now all it does is give one realm the opportunity to invade.
MxCx no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2014, 08:16 PM   #14
Tigerious
Banned

Tigerious is an unknown quantity at this point

I don't approve the removal of relics, at least for the next six month
Tigerious no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2014, 09:18 PM   #15
_Kharbon_
Baron

_Kharbon_ is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slartibartfast View Post
I still don't understand why low server population should be criteria for relic lock. Why not one-realm overpopulation? Why not overpopulation in general?
Well, One-realm overpopulation is awkward to measure. Also, it's unfair to disable a feature when one realm has way more numbers. Set relic times is slightly less biased. Everyone knows when it will start and end etc..
As I said, the relic lock idea is a decent solution for the low-population problems. When there's enough players on the server, we won't need such feature. The timing sucks though, and there's nothing to do during relic lock time.
As it was stated by ngd, they will review the times, however, they're taking their time ^^
My idea is to enable instances to allow players to have some action during the period.
WM - WM - WM - 56 - 53 - 50

_Kharbon_ no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2014, 09:31 PM   #16
Slartibartfast
Master

Quote:
Well, One-realm overpopulation is awkward to measure. Also, it's unfair to disable a feature when one realm has way more numbers. Set relic times is slightly less biased. Everyone knows when it will start and end etc..
As I said, the relic lock idea is a decent solution for the low-population problems. When there's enough players on the server, we won't need such feature. The timing sucks though, and there's nothing to do during relic lock time.
As it was stated by ngd, they will review the times, however, they're taking their time ^^
My idea is to enable instances to allow players to have some action during the period.
I do respect you as old RO player, but still I ask you to explain me what _low_server_population_ has anything with insane idea of relic lock? If you mentioned _one_particular_realm_low_population_time_ or _one_particular_realm_overpopulation_time_, I would understand it.

Please, explain why low activity server time should become dead activity server time. And, after all, why not to SHUT DOWN server at this time when activity in relic lock time is close to zero?
Old 03-10-2014, 09:33 PM   #17
Slartibartfast
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigerious View Post
I don't approve the removal of relics, at least for the next six month
Your opionion became irrelevant long time ago.
Old 03-10-2014, 10:00 PM   #18
_Kharbon_
Baron

_Kharbon_ is on a distinguished road

Quote:
I do respect you as old RO player, but still I ask you to explain me what _low_server_population_ has anything with insane idea of relic lock? If you mentioned _one_particular_realm_low_population_time_ or _one_particular_realm_overpopulation_time_, I would understand it.

Please, explain why low activity server time should become dead activity server time. And, after all, why not to SHUT DOWN server at this time when activity in relic lock time is close to zero?
By low server population I mean there's only a handful of players online. Perhaps 20/30 war-able players together in all three realms. In this case, every single player can make a huge difference (regarding relics/invasions). If you have 30/40 players in one realm, well - having one extra or one less scarcely makes a difference.

Now, if there's, let's say, 10 players from realm A, and 5/5 from B/C - the lower populated realms have little chance of preventing an invasion/relic taken. Having just one more player fighting might make a huge difference.
This scenario I consider very unfair, since the defending realm might have virtually no chance of capping a fort/running away with a relic. Of course, that also depends on what exactly the classes are, and the experience of the players.

During regular-population time, there's lets say 40 players from realm A and 20/20 from B/C. Now, even though an invasion is very likely to happen, the defending realm now stands a chance of decent retaliation. Camping bridges, capping the attacking realms castle, and even recapping the fort are all more probable to happen. Defending gate and taking advantage of split enemies gives more possibilities. It's still quite one-sided fight, but it's more fun and fair than in the previous scenario, where some of the retaliation techniques simply aren't possible.

The same thing basically happens if only one realm is underpopulated (ie. compare 10/10/5 and 40/40/20).

Please note, that the numbers are just to demonstrate the trend, I don't want initiate a discussion, whether those numbers have real chance or not..

I'm not saying, that the server should be shut down, or anything. Simply, I'd rather have to spend time grinding/hunting than having to face invasions with only a handful of realm mates.

Relic block needs to be modified quite drastically, and other means of entertainment provided during the times of relic block.
WM - WM - WM - 56 - 53 - 50

_Kharbon_ no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2014, 10:00 PM   #19
Hollow-Ichigo
Count

Hollow-Ichigo is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Your opionion became irrelevant long time ago.
lolowned---
Old 03-10-2014, 10:35 PM   #20
GrimNightfall
Initiate

GrimNightfall is on a distinguished road

Quote:
stuff

This game is too easy
GrimNightfall no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote