This forum is closed for posting. Please, join us in our Discord server at discord.gg/regnum. See you there!

Go Back   Champions of Regnum > English > The Inn

The Inn A place to gather around and chat about almost any subject

Old 05-28-2012, 03:24 PM   #1
Gnupis
Pledge

Gnupis is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Suggestion: Merge Ignis and Alsius!

I decided to write this to give ngd an idea they probably haven't thought about yet. Before I write it though let me make a small review for those who are out of concept...

There was a server named Horus, I didn't see its start but i joined it three years ago. Horus, unlike his older brother, Ra, turned out to be quite problematic. The green nation was extremely popular, everyone gathered to Syrtis and while Ignis was strong too they never grew higher in numbers. Alsius? Heh, I was there and saw it. Alsius was pretty underpopulated and kept loosing the war. People in it eventually grew discouraged diminishing their nation's chances for victory even more. Ngd tried a few things to improve the situation, as granting exp bonus to the smaller realms with little success. Things were getting worse and worse till ngd made a deal with gamesamba, a company that gathered diverse small games into one website allowing them to gain players from one another this way. Gamesamba's server Raven was merged with Horus and was named Haven. To my personal opinion Haven was indeed awesome the first days. Aside the sweet premium gifts that welcomed the new players it was full of action and glorious battles. It didn't keep for too long, unfortunately. Population imbalance started showing really much the late days on Raven and it seems while it all started well the inevitable Legolas syndrome (or whatever it is that makes syrtis look like honey to newcoming players), took over again resulting to the appearence of the humongous green zergs we all know so well.

I understand ngd (and gamesamba) don't want to loose potential clients by closing down new player entries for Syrtis till things balance out. On the other hand they decided to try the trick with the bonus exp for the smaller realms, in case it works with the second try. But anyway, imho what ngd should care about is they have half of their clients taking empty forts and winning the game all the time while the others are constantly loosing, and that's not fair. So here is my suggestion:

Merge Ignis and Alsius for Raven, allowing them to forge a temporary alliance. They will wipe out Syrtis, open the portal a few times. Then break the alliance, the poor pressured Syrtians will have suffered enough causalties and their population increase rate will have been reduced too as a result. Then let things return to the first state where Syrtis becomes popular again and wipes out both enemies without a problem. Then have Alsius and Ignis be allies again. And so on.

And there you go, everyone wins, everyone gets their chance to farm the enemy and become wm, and many will even create a second full leveled account so they can switch between the winning sides every time and enjoy the game to the fullest. Paying double xim of course.

Having solved the population imballance problem lets solve a few others as well. Invations are what make the game interesting right now, since everyone needs to kill the noble and become wm. But they are too hard to happen. Adding the boats was a very smart move, since whole zergs can teleport inside the enemy realm, run past the guards at the boat's landing, kill the noble, grab the gem, jump between the gates avoiding the outnumbered enemy's ranged fire(since the implementation of jump that gap between the two gates became very useful), break the innner gates and then break the outer gates. Oh, and the defending realm's guards are still waiting on the outside! Brilliant plan! But still its not enough, since wm quests are daily, gates are hard to break and people can't invade every day and leave the gems behind. So, what I suggest is add cannons to the game. When a realm takes the two forts and the castle of another cannons appear in front of the gate and the players can fire them to break them with ease. Anything more complicated would be too hard to implement of course, just implement a cannon model, as done with ships. And make the cannons appear in the inside of the defending realm of course, since that's where the attackers will be. Grab the gem, cannon the gate and any defenders around and go back home.

And my last suggestion, a new race, the Gamai (means f*** in ancient greek). Lamai were an awesome addition but in time its inevitable they will grow old and a new race will be needed to keep things interesting. If we try to learn from the past mistakes we will discover the Lamai model, although it looks really badass, is too big and easy to target. I suggest a new bug race in bug size (the size of green wasps in syrtis starting zone or smaller). They will be able to become all classes, they will have a look in their huge eyes like they ate bad cake and they can arrive from inside the earth to all realms and dedicate themselves to each realm they land and then start killing each other, just like the lamai. Another excellent addition to the already mindblowing storyline.

Important: You may have already suspected this is a joke thread, thus why its not on the suggestions section. Thankyouverymuch.
Gnupis no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2012, 05:21 PM   #2
Aries202
Banned

Aries202 is on a distinguished road

To be on a serious note, the problem is half of Syrtis from Ra joined Syrtis Haven....
Aries202 no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2012, 05:24 PM   #3
Baron

71175 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aries202 View Post
To be on a serious note, the problem is half of Syrtis from Ra joined Syrtis Haven....
Vaniteuses? Well at least they are gelf barbs who don't suck
71175 no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2012, 06:51 PM   #4
Hollow-Ichigo
Count

Hollow-Ichigo is on a distinguished road

I like where the idea is heading... ^^

But i still have a doubt it won't work perfectly
Old 05-28-2012, 09:22 PM   #5
L4M4I
Pledge

L4M4I is on a distinguished road

lol, 6 different character models for one realm
Old 05-29-2012, 07:32 PM   #6
Kyrottimus
Baron

Kyrottimus will become famous soon enough

Alsius + Ignis = Algnis: The Purple Realm!

When the Purple Zerg (aka the "Purg" or "Perg", both pronounced exactly the same way) hits, make it play Purple Rain as the background music.

Kyrottimus no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2012, 11:15 AM   #7
Gnupis
Pledge

Gnupis is an unknown quantity at this point

I see many of you are afraid of the changes I propose and I can't understand why. Merging Alsius with Ignis from time to time will contribute to the actual balance of the game, since all three realms will be victorious on equal shares. Fox ex it can be done with every two months, two months alsius and ignis pwn syrtis together, next two syrtis beats everyone. Many players will make double characters contributing to the game with even more xim and switching every two months to enjoy victory.

And since nobody said anything on my cannon-at-the-gate and Gamai-race suggestions I suppose everyone likes them and i'm very happy for that. NGD should get to implementing them immediately.

Also, did you guys read this? It was pretty much included on my post.
Quote:
Originally Posted by beatle187 View Post
Important: You may have already suspected this is a joke thread, thus why its not on the suggestions section. Thankyouverymuch.
Cause it wasn't my intention to troll anyone but ppl got trolled by themselves here.
Gnupis no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote