This forum is closed for posting. Please, join us in our Discord server at discord.gg/regnum. See you there!

Go Back   Champions of Regnum > English > General discussion

General discussion Topics related to various aspects of Champions of Regnum

Old 07-10-2017, 04:00 PM   #11
rossi
Initiate

rossi is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hayir View Post
I am probably hiding Ao1 animation a lot, but unintentionally. Since you often use Ao1 to go out of def stance it probably happens to many people. I will pay more attention to it though and try to avoid it.
Defensive support I honestly don't know, but I think I usually see my animation so don't think I do it. But I see it missing on many others for sure.
Adding, if character is on combat mode, then take off combat mode and inmediatly cast a buff it bugs animation SOMETIMES, or im too dumb to understand the timing. Thats a long time bug. Take note @ngd.
Old 07-10-2017, 04:55 PM   #12
ieti
Count

ieti is on a distinguished road

1) The one thing i agree on and i doubt anyone will be against it - DI needs constant, visible, bright animation. I cannot count times that i try to cast non-damaging spells on DI-ed enemies and get killed because i realize too late that they are on this spell. If DI has a good animation it will be no such problem, because it can be instantly MS-ed by nearest knight. Currently you never know who has it until you try to cast non-damaging spell and you get the warning in your log.

2) Other thing that needs to be fixed ASAP - when spell is cancelled mid cast you loose the mana you needed to start the spell cast. If it is cancelled return mana and not waste it. Conjus WASTE alot mana because allies constantly run out of range, get kicked, get spells cancelled etc. It happens alot with slow cast time spells. For example you try to cast Life Saver on a barb which rushes. You start to cast and he gets out of range. Poof 400 mana gone to waste... fix please!

I bet the mana waste bug happens on warriors too if they are knocked mid area cast.

Last edited by ieti; 07-10-2017 at 05:07 PM.
ieti no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2017, 05:36 PM   #13
Sentan
Master

Sentan is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by ieti View Post
Quote:
Regarding spells such as Mana Burn, Mindsquasher, Divine Intervention, Camouflage Corpse: We're aware of the problems these skills generate, each in their own way, and of course we will modify them.
We already have solid ideas on how to do this, but it'll be done in the next balance revision, as we first want these changes to be released, tested, corrected and established in everyone's day to day gaming experiences. This way, it'll allow us to have a much more solid ground to work on
https://www.championsofregnum.com/fo...0&postcount=94

DI will be changed anyway sooner or LATER
Old 07-10-2017, 05:41 PM   #14
Hollow-Ichigo
Count

Hollow-Ichigo is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deepak007 View Post

2. Nature's Fury: Another retard spell which is used now a days by every pet hunter. Get a straight confuse 5 of the horse with double knocks (ambush 5 and nature's fury 5) you have no chance. Oh!wait, right before you say kill that pet dude, the hunter cast skin of the beast 5 with 15 secs duration. And not to mention the retard game style of some hunters going camo in middle of the fight to cast ambush from behind.

->My suggestion is to remove knock from nature's fury and try to reduce the duration of confuse and skin of the beast a bit (10secs at the max).
I've always said pet hunters are trash unless its 1v1, changing pet buff durations will just make them worse. Besides, it costs large amounts of mana to cast these spells and they're on a very long cooldown.

Regarding camouflage, whats wrong with using it to attack from behind, isn't that the whole point of the hunter class, to make surprise attacks?

Seems to me you died a few times to someone using these combos and now you want them changed. sad
Old 07-10-2017, 06:17 PM   #15
Deepak007
Apprentice

Deepak007 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sentan View Post
5) Disconnecting time inside fortification should be increased to 60 sec

I would add 3 points to your list:
7) DI - reduce duration of this spell; it cancels 50% spells in this game and making rushing barbs to be in godmode
8) MS - effect is too strong; should only remove ally buffs
9) Mass Ress - there is no real counter against this spell and it can ruin the whole effort in killing enemies;
Mass Cremation is needed :P I suggest to rework current cremation spell: 1lvl - 1 enemy, 2lvl 2 enemies, 3lvl 3 enemies, 4lvl 4 enemies, 5lvl 5 enemies; 300 sec cooldown; 100% chance
Like those 7,8 and 9 suggestions and about 5 I still think players will log off immediately after GC is down to match the 60 secs log off duration. Still doesn't solve the issue.

Quote:
I don't see how this scenario matters at all. If a barb knocks me off a mount I won't be able to do anything either. Mounts shouldn't really matter when it comes to balance.
On a side note, cast speed shouldn't effect mount cast time.
I get what you say here but a barb catching you with roar after a dismount takes high level of precision and timing not that many barbs here time perfect roar after dismount. On the other hand a hunter just has to do a simple confuse and he can distracting shot or other spells with no problem, makes a difference, right?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollow-Ichigo View Post
I've always said pet hunters are trash unless its 1v1, changing pet buff durations will just make them worse. Besides, it costs large amounts of mana to cast these spells and they're on a very long cooldown.

Regarding camouflage, whats wrong with using it to attack from behind, isn't that the whole point of the hunter class, to make surprise attacks?

Seems to me you died a few times to someone using these combos and now you want them changed. sad
I am aware of the mana costs and duration of this spells and the sacrifice pet hunters make to get them. They just made pet hunter too op with combining nature's fury. If you ever get in to a scenario I mentioned above I sure your 5k hp wouldn't help either. Either there should be a nerf on confuse duration or the knock on nature's fury has to go.

Dwarf Cousins Association

Last edited by Deepak007; 07-10-2017 at 06:28 PM.
Deepak007 no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2017, 06:51 PM   #16
Hayir
Master

Hayir is on a distinguished road

Quote:
I get what you say here but a barb catching you with roar after a dismount takes high level of precision and timing not that many barbs here time perfect roar after dismount. On the other hand a hunter just has to do a simple confuse and he can distracting shot or other spells with no problem, makes a difference, right?
I don't really think it is hard. It really makes no difference, just because some people lack the ability to time it. How does it help me? If it is someone who can time it, it's sure death for me, I don't care if another barb wouldn't have been able to.
A warlock who darkness you off the mount can keep you in an endless cc chain and kill you easily too. I just added the barb example to point out that not only hunters do that.

But this wasn't my point anyway. There is a reason why NGD added a dizzy effect after you dismount on your own. Or why it has a long cast time (again cast speed shouldn't effect it). They clearly want you to have a disadvantage if you get into combat with your mount. It is just meant for getting faster from point A to B, if you get caught, tough luck. Happens to all of us.

I just don't understand why you combined your natures fury complaint with dismounting. If you find the spell OP in general, fine by me. But it makes no sense to balance anything around mounts.
Old 07-10-2017, 08:04 PM   #17
Deepak007
Apprentice

Deepak007 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
I don't really think it is hard. It really makes no difference, just because some people lack the ability to time it. How does it help me? If it is someone who can time it, it's sure death for me, I don't care if another barb wouldn't have been able to.
A warlock who darkness you off the mount can keep you in an endless cc chain and kill you easily too. I just added the barb example to point out that not only hunters do that.

But this wasn't my point anyway. There is a reason why NGD added a dizzy effect after you dismount on your own. Or why it has a long cast time (again cast speed shouldn't effect it). They clearly want you to have a disadvantage if you get into combat with your mount. It is just meant for getting faster from point A to B, if you get caught, tough luck. Happens to all of us.

I just don't understand why you combined your natures fury complaint with dismounting. If you find the spell OP in general, fine by me. But it makes no sense to balance anything around mounts.
Thing here is you can see all sub classes except for camoed hunter, aye? So, if you get caught by classes other than hunter it is your fault to be in that position. You could stun, freeze, knock and dizzy a lock if you get darkness from mount. Good luck doing any of those on a hunter in sotw and you under confuse. Point is I am making no complaints, I just don't like the idea of giving a hunter x2 knocks considered confuse 5 being so damn op.

Dwarf Cousins Association
Deepak007 no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2017, 02:25 AM   #18
Vadhir
Banned

Vadhir is on a distinguished road

No animation to DI until NGD fixes visual bugs such as Mana Pylon, Communion, picky Ivy, Confuse, etc. We won't be able to tell who has DI or not due to this bug, just like now.
Vadhir no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2017, 09:44 AM   #19
saumya
Initiate

Location: 'B-F-Egypt', Virginia, U.S.A. (please pity & forgive us poor american fools!)
saumya is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Hi,

5. Logging off inside forts: Make logging off inside forts completely disabled like the implementation of casting teleport inside fort. If a guy wants to log off he may fight to death and then log off no excuses given.

Thanks,
That is a fix needed, although disabling ''logging off'' wont really fix anything as that is an ingame feature. Anyone can just alt f4 or go to task manager and quit. Many ways. Although the player can still log back in, so the best possible way is to give a penalty of 30 minutes which does not let them log back in.
saumya no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2017, 02:55 PM   #20
schachteana
Master

schachteana is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by saumya View Post
That is a fix needed, although disabling ''logging off'' wont really fix anything as that is an ingame feature. Anyone can just alt f4 or go to task manager and quit. Many ways. Although the player can still log back in, so the best possible way is to give a penalty of 30 minutes which does not let them log back in.
this, or make the log out timer (when being inside a foreign fort) simply be ~2 mins. Only downside: Alt+F4'ers won't be able to log in again for 2 minutes. Bult force-quitting the game is more an abuse than a game mechanic, so whatever.

However, what if the fort is not under attack, everybody's just chillin around, should a quick character change be discouraged??
schachteana no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote