This forum is closed for posting. Please, join us in our Discord server at discord.gg/regnum. See you there!

Go Back   Champions of Regnum > English > Technical Support > Linux

Linux Technical issues under Linux platform

Old 10-25-2016, 04:05 PM   #1
Gringot
Pledge

Gringot is on a distinguished road
Default Lack of water texture in CoR

Hi all,
I recently change my linux box (I'm running Debian 8) and I now have a new GC : Firepro W2100.
I'm now facing to an issue : I don't have anymore the water rendered.
It was already discussed here in late 2015 about Mesa/OpenGL regarding the lack of water texture on CoR and finally a ticked was opened and closed as NotOurBug (see Bug 93114 - No water rendered in CoR ).
Anyone could tell me if there is any solution to resolve my issue or if someone is using the same graphic card without that issue ?
I'm not familiar with textures and graphic cards behaviors and I'm unable to ask support from NGD. (NGD support site seems not working for a long time and I can't connect anymore even after change my password)
Thanks for any help or any command that could illuminate the path
Gringot no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2016, 06:42 PM   #2
Slartibartfast
Master

Slartibartfast is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gringot View Post
Hi all,
I recently change my linux box (I'm running Debian 8) and I now have a new GC : Firepro W2100.
I'm now facing to an issue : I don't have anymore the water rendered.
It was already discussed here in late 2015 about Mesa/OpenGL regarding the lack of water texture on CoR and finally a ticked was opened and closed as NotOurBug (see Bug 93114 - No water rendered in CoR ).
Anyone could tell me if there is any solution to resolve my issue or if someone is using the same graphic card without that issue ?
I'm not familiar with textures and graphic cards behaviors and I'm unable to ask support from NGD. (NGD support site seems not working for a long time and I can't connect anymore even after change my password)
Thanks for any help or any command that could illuminate the path
I used to have the same issues with ATI/AMD card years ago. I threw it into trash and bought nvidia.
Old 10-25-2016, 08:52 PM   #3
Gringot
Pledge

Gringot is on a distinguished road

Thx for your reply Slartibartfast,
I had another AMD card (HD5670) before the firepro and there was no issue with it so I was confident when I choose the firepro and hope it is better ... unfortunately.
Next time I'll probably choose NVIDIA of course but I would like to be sure there is no way to workaround this texture problem.
Gringot no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2016, 09:13 PM   #4
Slartibartfast
Master

Slartibartfast is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Thx for your reply Slartibartfast,
I had another AMD card (HD5670) before the firepro and there was no issue with it so I was confident when I choose the firepro and hope it is better ... unfortunately.
Next time I'll probably choose NVIDIA of course but I would like to be sure there is no way to workaround this texture problem.
NGD doesn't care much about fixing graphics issues for linux and mac. ATI/AMD have issues per se on Linux, so I recommend using nvidia GC for best performance. Of course, wonders are possible
Old 10-26-2016, 04:46 PM   #5
Lebeau
Banned

Location: 'B-F-Egypt', Virginia, U.S.A. (please pity & forgive us poor american fools!).
Lebeau is on a distinguished road
Smile

Quote:
...Thanks for any help or any command that could illuminate the path
I use Linux & an old Nvidia card, yet have the exact same issue (no water) IF I use shader model 2. Which do you use? It might make a difference if it is changed. You can do this, & still use LOWer(-est) settings, by manually editing your "game.cfg" RO file. Look for the line: "vg_max_current_shader_model = #" in said file, change the # to 3 or 4, & then save your changes. Be sure to NOT be in game when you do this, or otherwise, any changes made will be lost/reset when you log out of the game. I really hope this helps, G (but no promises), & good luck....

/me crosses fingers/toes/arms/legs/eyes/etc.

Lebeau no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote