This forum is closed for posting. Please, join us in our Discord server at discord.gg/regnum. See you there!

Go Back   Champions of Regnum > English > General discussion

General discussion Topics related to various aspects of Champions of Regnum

Closed Thread

Old 08-29-2011, 03:42 PM   #11
Latan
Master

Latan is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torcida View Post
however I do think and I think most of the people agree with me, Marksmens should be nerfed harder.
not only marks. this game is plenty of many WIN BUTTON spells like BoW, SC, acrobatic, arcane devotion, confuse...must have spells. in the meanwhile we have TONS of useless or broken spells like sadistic guard, martial defense (wtf?), brain piercing, execution, rigorous preparation, laziness, petrify hands, threat, shifting silhouette, splinter wall, the whole staff mastery tree, half of aiming mastery tree, spell elude, a total redesign of hunters, a rebalance of WM powers, a redesign of the tank role (OP vs lower hitting players, totally useless against barbarians)

we have TONS of spells that have to be redesigned, to many chance based spells and OP CC and, instead of working on them, devs change a chance based cannot attack to a chance based meele (second) stun.

really ngd...wtf?
Latan no ha iniciado sesión  
Old 08-29-2011, 03:42 PM   #12
isgandarli
Banned

isgandarli is on a distinguished road

I have two questions according this update:

1) Will it be possible to cast BoW when your are under Confuse effect?
2) When central saves will be back? As far as I know, NGD told that they'll revert back to Central Save system right at next update... Is it true?
isgandarli no ha iniciado sesión  
Old 08-29-2011, 03:43 PM   #13
Latan
Master

Latan is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by isgandarli View Post
1) Will it be possible to cast BoW when your are under Confuse effect?
why should you be able to cast BoW under confuse effec if BoW doesn't deal damage?
Latan no ha iniciado sesión  
Old 08-29-2011, 03:47 PM   #14
isgandarli
Banned

isgandarli is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Latan View Post
why should you be able to cast BoW under confuse effec if BoW doesn't deal damage?
Just couldn't believe it. Confuse and DI will be the way more OP then...
isgandarli no ha iniciado sesión  
Old 08-29-2011, 04:23 PM   #15
NSer
Banned

NSer is on a distinguished road

Meh result: DI becoming EVEN MORE OP together with confuse,
NSer no ha iniciado sesión  
Old 08-29-2011, 04:27 PM   #16
Kitsuni
Baron

Kitsuni is on a distinguished road

I think all of the changes are kind of dumb, excepting the marksman mana change. If they revert marksmen to regenerating mana faster when not in combat, I will be all the happier, because the game was much better when you needed a bit of skill and timing to actually regenerate mana... to know when to chose between fighting, or recovering, and finding ways to stall the enemy while you do. The new 'hyper magic mana regeneration all the time!!!' system really dulled archer play.

I won't play Knight regularly until they get some kind of speed... tired of getting slaughtered by people who outrun me by one inch.
Kitsuni no ha iniciado sesión  
Old 08-29-2011, 04:30 PM   #17
UmarilsStillHere
Marquis

UmarilsStillHere will become famous soon enough

Quote:
not only marks. this game is plenty of many WIN BUTTON spells like BoW, SC, acrobatic, arcane devotion, confuse...must have spells. in the meanwhile we have TONS of useless or broken spells like sadistic guard, martial defense (wtf?), brain piercing, execution, rigorous preparation, laziness, petrify hands, threat, shifting silhouette, splinter wall, the whole staff mastery tree, half of aiming mastery tree, spell elude, a total redesign of hunters, a rebalance of WM powers, a redesign of the tank role (OP vs lower hitting players, totally useless against barbarians)

we have TONS of spells that have to be redesigned, to many chance based spells and OP CC and, instead of working on them, devs change a chance based cannot attack to a chance based meele (second) stun.

really ngd...wtf?
This.

Thats the scale of the balance update we want, need, this is the scale of "that update" people are so sick of waiting for.

Swapping a few spell positions, making one new spell and slightly tweaking the effects of a few more is a drop of water in an ocean. More from stage 2/3/4/ etc please.

This is not enough when we only see balance updates every year or so, offset by the past years features (wm) that totally throw the previous balance out of whack months before anything is done about it.
Old 08-29-2011, 04:36 PM   #18
standistortion
Master

standistortion is on a distinguished road

Agree there are more changes needed but glad to see they are being made gradually, the last thing I want to see is another warmasters fiasco.
standistortion no ha iniciado sesión  
Old 08-29-2011, 05:26 PM   #19
Znurre
Marquis

Znurre will become famous soon enoughZnurre will become famous soon enough

Quote:

really ngd...wtf?
So true...
Old 08-29-2011, 05:33 PM   #20
bois
Count

bois will become famous soon enough

Honestly, I expected that the spells would go live as planned originally. I was actually surprised that the community was actually able to twist their arm ever so slightly.

And I would wager that it was the Spanish side that was able to do more of the twisting. I was keeping up with the happenings there and I could say that the Spanish community was not exactly keen on those ideas.

But, the community was actually able to get Ambush to 10m from zero, banish (for now) the original absurd changes to will domain. The rest went through as advertised.

On to phase 2.... Let the academic and intellectual gymnastics (but ineffectual) debate continue.

Rather than jump the gun I can't wait to see this 'Stage 2' . It will be interesting no doubt.

By the way, If you think I approve of the changes, I don't. But I said my piece, not much more can be done. The results will be seen when it goes live. Those results can be denied but they will prove conclusive to the validity (or not) of community concerns. It seems that this is the way of things here. 1 pound of cure which could have been sorted with an ounce of prevention.

One last thing. I find it hilarious that we can or are expected to make solid judgements or suggestions on a direction when we have absolutely no idea of where we are going. If this is stage 1 of 10 (for example) can we actually judge what they are doing now?

Regards

Last edited by bois; 08-29-2011 at 05:57 PM.
bois no ha iniciado sesión  
Closed Thread