This forum is closed for posting. Please, join us in our Discord server at discord.gg/regnum. See you there!

Go Back   Champions of Regnum > English > General discussion

General discussion Topics related to various aspects of Champions of Regnum

Closed Thread

Old 08-19-2013, 02:37 PM   #41
ShadowForce
Apprentice

ShadowForce is on a distinguished road

The point of my post was simple, how you managed to interpret it in such a way is interesting. I was merely cross referencing my request for a list of what is planned for Haven with Adrian's latest post. It's alright saying 'believe what you want' but we haven't been told what is going to happen to Haven we've been told what isn't.
Old 08-19-2013, 03:10 PM   #42
Hopeakettu
Initiate

Hopeakettu is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardCromwell View Post
I must say, under the circumstances, NGD's decisions seem pretty noble, and I enjoy the fact that they actually seem to have plans for the future,
[This is addressing what Adrian said about how Haven was not intended to be merged, but that instead there were simply still attempts to raise the population of Haven itself.]
despite so much frustration amongst the community. I believe, everyone who is still here and awaits improvements could use a slight bit more faith, and patience.
To be honest, I am convinced that community in this game has an admirable patience. Names of those who started playing this game long ago and still didn't give up should be carved into stones in the RO (CoR) world. These periodical shifts between Expectation and Frustration require a good deal of persistence.

Quote:
That would also keep these threads more down to topic - and they could use that, because reading about *everything else* you dislike about the game, whenever any issue is adressed, or anything else is announced, only hinders the discussion on enhancements to said events.
Also, it has no use but to annoy people.
Discussion on enhancements? There are dozens of threads full of great ideas that would significantly improve the game. Sadly enough, few were or can be addressed in the current state of the old messy code.

AND the best way how to work on improving the game (and making sure updates won't go live with severe bugs) is using the test server. Amun is underused nowadays, and that's a shame in my opinion. In fact, I think that it should be available almost all the time so even smaller things could be tested - and all things ready to test should be announced on RO website and forum. The state of this section speaks for itself.

That is why I think people have the right to be affraid of any new update and the number of bugs it could bring (even though most of us still hope it will be alright).

As I said in my previous post in this thread - I wish the people from Piranha and RA good luck. But this time I'll add "and I also wish a good deal of patience to all of us who still play on Haven".
Old 08-19-2013, 04:33 PM   #43
RichardCromwell
Pledge

RichardCromwell is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowForce
[...] we haven't been told what is going to happen to Haven we've been told what isn't.
Very well, I must agree that I misinterpreted your request concerning this. I would have thought, that information would have sufficed you, as for what you wanted to know - and I do agree that the explanations you asked for could be greatly appreciated.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hopeakettu
To be honest, I am convinced that community in this game has an admirable patience.
So am I, actually. I should not have asked for "patience and faith". It is mainly the latter that I find so wonderously missing, although the first seems to be existant in abundance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hopeakettu
I agree with your conclusion to the rest, but you misunderstood the core of my message, slightly. When I spoke of "discussion on enhancements to said events", I spoke of conversations about the demand of changes to whatever the thread is talking about. Such productive discussions never seem to last long, before people meddle with the topics off-subject, mourning about all the things that have not yet been addressed.
Old 08-19-2013, 05:44 PM   #44
bois
Count

bois will become famous soon enough

Rofl.

I am guessing you haven not used this forum too often. Off topic is the stock and trade of the forum.

Kinda like what you are doing now ironically.
If you are going to be a white knight to keep things on topic, I guess you better buckle up, it is going to be a bumpy ride. A good start is to not derail a thread further that it already is.

Besides, if NGD has an issue, they can simply lock it. (will happen soon I wager). Actually , they should have just posted and locked it straight away. Best approach.

Patience and faith hmm. I seem to be running a little low after 4+ years. Seriously, can anybody really blame me?

I especially like how you made the important parts bold. It adds that sort of dramatic effect. I like colours too. Can you do colours?
bois no ha iniciado sesión  
Old 08-19-2013, 07:55 PM   #45
Evangeline
Master

Evangeline is an unknown quantity at this point

i know what i see, and i see Ra on one hand has craplot of players, haven is dying with little amount of players, and i also see that Piranha is being fused with Ra because the boacompra contract ended.

why not end gamesamba's contract aswell? they have been firing their gm's, probably for the lack of profit, why not turn this into a major profit 3 way merge ? Piranha + Haven + Ra ?
Old 08-20-2013, 08:13 PM   #46
Checkit
Banned

Checkit is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by nohan View Post
i know what i see, and i see Ra on one hand has craplot of players, haven is dying with little amount of players, and i also see that Piranha is being fused with Ra because the boacompra contract ended.

why not end gamesamba's contract aswell? they have been firing their gm's, probably for the lack of profit, why not turn this into a major profit 3 way merge ? Piranha + Haven + Ra ?
Common sense says that the server wouldn't be able to handle that amount of players, but then I remember you don't really have any common sense.
Checkit no ha iniciado sesión  
Old 08-20-2013, 11:08 PM   #47
Evangeline
Master

Evangeline is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Checkit View Post
Common sense says that the server wouldn't be able to handle that amount of players, but then I remember you don't really have any common sense.
it would, Haven hardly ever reaches over 85 players at the same time, 85 more players is nothing compared to the amount of players they expect to hold on that merge
Old 08-21-2013, 02:49 AM   #48
Awrath
Master

Awrath is on a distinguished road

I bet you regret making this post! I certainly regret reading through it.
Awrath no ha iniciado sesión  
Old 08-21-2013, 06:04 AM   #49
trulyem
Master

trulyem is on a distinguished road

Whats the point? More realm imbalance and more Alsius(RA) players will quit.

The new invasion only serves the big realm and nothing you do helps us or helps the other part of income you can get from.

So F**k you Adrian and NGD. You all deserve to lose. I hope you lose Haven too. Agitate us more and act like a joke you are.

I am happy people are quitting. Keep it coming.

Adrian, btw rumours? You retard, check it out yourself and tell me what rumors are? You used to play RA Alsius and now your hiding in your pathetic character in Haven. Grow a pair please.
Old 08-21-2013, 06:16 AM   #50
fotomay
Initiate

fotomay is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Awrath View Post
I bet you regret making this post! I certainly regret reading through it.
in my experience, overall it's kinda normal for pvp servers to go through significant highs and lows. I've even seen them go completely down until a new update domes in, then a pretty much new playerbase arrives though some old guys still turn up. it's very very rare to have a permanent playerbase forever, unless you are in the top 2 to 3 (which is already taken by big budget mmos).

better for devs to post news than not to post news, even if it turns out to be unpopular news.

Quote:
Originally Posted by trulyem View Post
So F**k you Adrian and NGD. You all deserve to lose. I hope you lose Haven too. Agitate us more and act like a joke you are...
wow that's harsh
fotomay no ha iniciado sesión  
Closed Thread