This forum is closed for posting. Please, join us in our Discord server at discord.gg/regnum. See you there!

Go Back   Champions of Regnum > English > General discussion

General discussion Topics related to various aspects of Champions of Regnum

Old 05-05-2010, 12:15 AM   #21
Klutu
Baron

Klutu is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigManOnCampus View Post
No way. I play in Alsius/Horus and I experienced the nightly pwnage that Ignis gave us last year at times. I had more fun in RO then than I do now with the consistent fort battles, even though I was always on the losing end.
So you like Being Zerged O.o...

Should play during Syrtis High Population Time..

What was so awesome about the invasions? the Gate/Spam/Zerg

It's just a Larger Version of a Fortwar..
Old 05-05-2010, 01:06 AM   #22
Gawyn_Trakkand
Banned

Gawyn_Trakkand is on a distinguished road

Alsius has much improved in the past year just most of us really dont care about invasions. We can take on alot more than usual and give out alot more than we used to.

To say you liked it back when we got trounced every night and every morning is just.......... masochistic.

Alsius is stronger now and i'm glad of it, RO is much more fun to play now.

The re-review may be a blessing but you just got to ask yourself why has your origional view changed?
Gawyn_Trakkand no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2010, 01:25 AM   #23
BigManOnCampus
Initiate

BigManOnCampus is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klutu View Post
So you like Being Zerged O.o...

Should play during Syrtis High Population Time..

Ignis' invasions were not all zergs, there were a few times we outnumbered them back then (though they clearly had more lvl 50's).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gawyn_Trakkand View Post
Alsius has much improved in the past year just most of us really dont care about invasions. We can take on alot more than usual and give out alot more than we used to.

To say you liked it back when we got trounced every night and every morning is just.......... masochistic.

Alsius is stronger now and i'm glad of it, RO is much more fun to play now.

The re-review may be a blessing but you just got to ask yourself why has your origional view changed?
It's funny how fast your words get twisted to mean something else on the internet.

Fort wars are boring rp farms by-and-large, particularly when Syrtis has all of their pop on. Invasions, even when you're losing, have a lot of scene/gameplay alterations mid-battle.
BigManOnCampus no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2010, 05:57 AM   #24
ncvr
Marquis

ncvr is on a distinguished road

Invasions are, imo, the shittiest aspect of RvR. I even prefer fighting hunters because you can at least get some group together and make a more even fight with them. Every invasion I've participated in, both on the invading or defending realm, has been an area-aura spam and lag fest. There's nothing fun about them other than the satisfaction of seeing the rps roll in from a good area.
ncvr no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2010, 08:19 AM   #25
Raideniza
Apprentice

Raideniza is on a distinguished road

is that rerererererereview thingy done yet?
Raideniza no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2010, 01:16 PM   #26
mr_scsi
Initiate

mr_scsi is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klutu View Post
What was so awesome about the invasions? the Gate/Spam/Zerg
For me personally, I LOVED the idea of all the whining and complaining and whatnot we caused when Ignis cursed syrtis to 'become stupider' (-10% xp) for a week.

My vote EVERY time we opened the portal.

I do wish that NGD would come up with maybe some new options for the dragon wishes. After all, it takes MANY lvl 50's to invade, and they aren't really motivated by xp bonuses.

Maybe an event of some kind, something BIG that would cause everyone to WANT to invade again.

Say something like +1% xim xp for a day. Mobs killed are worth their normal 'Y' xps + (1% of Y) in xim.

Or to keep the WZ hopping, say 50xim for each 10 enemy killed for a week.

Maybe, special treasures that spawn ONLY when the gates are breached

..... just some wild carefree thoughts.....
mr_scsi no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2010, 01:31 PM   #27
Kittypretty
Baron

Kittypretty will become famous soon enough

While I would love xim based rewards, it just wouldnt work.

Look at it this way, alot of players already place a high value on a worthless number already, enough to bring out spawn/save camping, or like i read somewhere, someone killing his alt over and over for rp.

I don't have an answer but there must be a solid base to stop these fun killers first (and whatever else may be exploited)

So while i love the idea, sadly humans are smart and greedy enough to abuse any kind of gain in any way that works, including cheating or behaviour that ruins the game for alot of others.

My original question though, was where could I find the original review? I left due to health and life problems after the models went live, so I missed quite alot.
Taking a break from Regnum due to work leaving me little free time! So my laptop must go for now! (ask me for full details, it is an Alienware Mx18 3rd gen Ivy bridge i73920xm & configured with SLI twin Nvidia 675m, paid 3,330$ asking 2,800$ or 2,400$ + netbook.
Kittypretty no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote