This forum is closed for posting. Please, join us in our Discord server at discord.gg/regnum. See you there!

Go Back   Champions of Regnum > English > General discussion

General discussion Topics related to various aspects of Champions of Regnum

Old 08-09-2010, 09:00 PM   #1
Dark_Barbarian
Initiate

Dark_Barbarian is an unknown quantity at this point
Default the NPC and monsters of regnum.

ok since all classes damage has been nerfed on amun id like NGD to nerf the NPC and monsters the same way they nerfed the classes. and remove the spells monster cast cos it just way too annoying and keep the argo since my last post people demanded to keep it cos they want the challenge. so if the damage for all class are being nerfed, this will fit perfectly for the balance update. please post your opinion and coments about this post. thank you.
Dark_Barbarian no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2010, 09:06 PM   #2
PT_DaAr_PT
Baron

PT_DaAr_PT is on a distinguished road

Remove... Rake... NAW!!1

and...
Old 08-09-2010, 09:52 PM   #3
Darcyeti
Initiate

Darcyeti is on a distinguished road

NGD said they're only doing playerbased balance atm.
Mobs balncing will come up lateron, but still in a row with the next steps.
Just be patianced.
Darcyeti no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2010, 10:19 PM   #4
Kittypretty
Baron

Kittypretty will become famous soon enough

I hope they do change the hp of mobs to reflect out change in overall damage as well, and make more skills that are generally asscociated with pvp, to be useful for pve as well (experience always helps) like debuffs to protection, crash, destabilize, brain piercing, etc etc etc, so many. as long as they are changed to the point of not being utter frustration when you meet that one "old sotw+ old spell elude" mob. Even now on amun I get those, not to the same degree but I am almost guaranteed to get a resist chain when I find a mob who resists my first spell.
Taking a break from Regnum due to work leaving me little free time! So my laptop must go for now! (ask me for full details, it is an Alienware Mx18 3rd gen Ivy bridge i73920xm & configured with SLI twin Nvidia 675m, paid 3,330$ asking 2,800$ or 2,400$ + netbook.
Kittypretty no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2010, 11:37 PM   #5
chilko
NGD·Studios

chilko is on a distinguished road

of course we will change the mobs.

we are just focusing on other aspects for now.

please be patient, everything will have at least one balance pass before the next update
chilko no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2010, 06:45 AM   #6
Dark_Barbarian
Initiate

Dark_Barbarian is an unknown quantity at this point

for the first time in my regnum life i never had chilko speak in my posts LOL well thanks for the info chilko
Dark_Barbarian no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2010, 08:23 AM   #7
PT_DaAr_PT
Baron

PT_DaAr_PT is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by chilko View Post

please be patient, everything will have at least one balance pass before the next update
:* :* :*

Old 08-10-2010, 09:22 AM   #8
Mikan
Baron

Mikan has a spectacular aura aboutMikan has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by chilko View Post

Mobs should be required to use powers for defense and offense instead of magically having lots of HP, armor and attack.

It should be possible for us to make grinding easier by using war spells such as dizzies and stop some mob spells with Divine intervention (right now they are all damaging). Basically, when you rebalance the mobs, I think they should be brought more in line with the limitations of players, rather than being some magical objects that exist outside of the rules e.g current mobs ignore dizzies.

The current implementation of PvE is not only frustrating and boring to no end but also teaches players nothing about war, or how to use many of their spells in their spellbook that they will never touch until many months later as they go to war.

Kind regards.
Mikan no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2010, 09:53 AM   #9
Seher
Count

Seher is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikan View Post
(right now they are all damaging)
Trolls aren't.
Seher no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2010, 01:29 AM   #10
Kittypretty
Baron

Kittypretty will become famous soon enough

still though, DI would be nice, to teach newer players to use it effectively, almost all the support conjs I know in training (helping others grind, lower level wz support, newer players basically) dont use DI or dispell much, Or simply use DI anyways regardless of whether or not it will even have any effect.
so i try to teach them in a less "stressful" environment free of short tempers and complaining, and why to use it, and why it may not be needed to be skilled atm for just supporting a grinder.

So i have them skill dispell at least, and I grind with some, having them try to focus on me more, to e more reactive, as even mobs sometimes "cast" in a way, by pauses, or visual/audio cues for spells, and make a game of trying to dispell as soon as possible (I find it the most fun with golems rock fist, and aqauntis thrust, to try and dispell them quickly.

Preemptive DI would be nice, to be able to make a habit of it, to make use of the duration and cooldown if they cant afford level 5. SO i honestly think that would be nice too, to have a few more mob skills to be affected by DI, instead of pure dmg+effect spells.

I am not sure if mobs even have cast times, (i believe on some but im not 100% sure, i know some seem to pause when casting, so I can pretty much anticipate a skill, Its just little things like this, to me that teaches better reaction times..and experience always helps, thats why i guess im a strong supporter for having skills that are just as effective against pve as in pvp.
Id like to see more mobs with powers (that are reasonable, please check rake!)
More use of debuffs to mobs, dizzies etc.
I'd also really like to see a aggro system revamped, to make low level mobs not target high level players, honestly its just annoying to be wading though tons of golems, wolves or svage this or that. They should flee and not try to pick an impossible fight lol.
Taking a break from Regnum due to work leaving me little free time! So my laptop must go for now! (ask me for full details, it is an Alienware Mx18 3rd gen Ivy bridge i73920xm & configured with SLI twin Nvidia 675m, paid 3,330$ asking 2,800$ or 2,400$ + netbook.
Kittypretty no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote