This forum is closed for posting. Please, join us in our Discord server at discord.gg/regnum. See you there!

Go Back   Champions of Regnum > English > General discussion

General discussion Topics related to various aspects of Champions of Regnum

Old 09-13-2017, 05:40 AM   #11
Almighty1
Pledge

Almighty1 is on a distinguished road

+1
This will be a positive change for Haven Server. I'm really liking it.
Almighty1 no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2017, 10:57 AM   #12
Adrian
NGD·Studios

Adrian will become famous soon enoughAdrian will become famous soon enough

People, after analysing all that has happened and said during this week (not only in these forums, of course) we're thinking of:

- Mildly reduce the quantity of coins given outside fortifications and the wall. Enough for Invasions to give more profit but still leaving the ping-pongs, open field battles and hunting attractive. We think that a 25% reduction would be ideal.

- Give back levelling with creatures a bit of competitiveness, raising the experiences these give in the War Zone. We still have to think about the numbers, but the difference would still be significant between killing a creature or an enemy but we think that now it's too much. In the past we believed that, because of all the things that were said by the community, killing enemies was way more fun and rewarding than killing creatures. It seems it was a wrong reading of what was happening. We'll see how to solve this.

Regards,
Old 09-18-2017, 11:13 AM   #13
schachteana
Master

schachteana is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adrian View Post
- Give back levelling with creatures a bit of competitiveness, raising the experiences these give in the War Zone. We still have to think about the numbers, but the difference would still be significant between killing a creature or an enemy but we think that now it's too much. In the past we believed that, because of all the things that were said by the community, killing enemies was way more fun and rewarding than killing creatures. It seems it was a wrong reading of what was happening. We'll see how to solve this.
I dont think that was wrong reading. I am pretty sure that is indeed what most players still prefer. Not all, of course. But from all I have heard, the ability to gain experience in fort wars was much appreciated.
schachteana no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2017, 11:51 AM   #14
halvdan
Master

halvdan is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by schachteana View Post
I dont think that was wrong reading. I am pretty sure that is indeed what most players still prefer. Not all, of course. But from all I have heard, the ability to gain experience in fort wars was much appreciated.
I raise my voice to support this opinion. Supporting the idea of grinding in war was one great step. Killing several thousands brainless NPCs w/o any sort of AI was one huge con of Ro. Let's not return to that point.

The question might be now, since the community clearly stated that they want war also outside fort areas, how to give reasons to fight on open fields. This was previously mildly done by ganking parties hunting grinders (and others hunting gankers), but with disappearance of classic boring grind this is gone as well. So the question maybe is, how to support war in different enviroments (than fort farms), which could provide a lot of new warzone fun.
Old 09-19-2017, 05:06 PM   #15
_Scias_
Pledge

_Scias_ is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by halvdan View Post
I raise my voice to support this opinion. Supporting the idea of grinding in war was one great step. Killing several thousands brainless NPCs w/o any sort of AI was one huge con of Ro. Let's not return to that point.
Same. I don't know why NGD would think most of the community thinks otherwise. Mob grinding is NOT fun and I don't think a slight increase in mob xp will change this fact.

If at least the item drop rate, or rather their quality, would cope for this huge waste of time but currently it does not. The chances of getting anything above special is abysmal even when using a Scavenger gem. And even then when you get a magical or above it's most of the time worthless cause its stats are too low or wrong...
So if you really want to make mob grinding somewhat rewarding and 'fun' I think the current loot quality rate should be one of the first things to look at too.
Old 09-19-2017, 05:56 PM   #16
JOPAGO
Baron

JOPAGO is on a distinguished road

it is because of the hunting activity.

Many miss this part of the game.

A Sociedade
JOPAGO no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2017, 06:22 PM   #17
Deepak007
Apprentice

Deepak007 is on a distinguished road

You guys find it a waste because you are in timezone where everyone logs and makes war. What about the others who log when server is empty, even they need to level and without war their only option is to level on mobs.

Dwarf Cousins Association
Deepak007 no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2017, 06:47 PM   #18
Pery3000
Master

Pery3000 is on a distinguished road

Yes mob grinding needs to be increased. On a server like Haven war is only for an hour or two. More if someones farming. And only the farming realm can gain exp from War good. Why should getting exp from players or mobs be competitive? We shouldn't take away from getting exp from players also. In all honestly I think both should be increased. Many threads of how players quit after they know about the long grind that awaits.
Old 09-20-2017, 09:13 AM   #19
Anunnaki
Banned

Anunnaki is on a distinguished road

Good to see wmc throughout all the map

Concerning grinding, i think monsters should give more exp than players.
Anunnaki no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2017, 10:09 AM   #20
Sentan
Master

Sentan is on a distinguished road

Yup exp from mobs should be increased (including leaders, champions and superbosses). Also it would be nice to see exp reward for capturing fortifications, more experience from tasks, experience from WM quests (if character <60) and by leveling crafting.

If you gonna raise experience from mobs please don't forget about drop rate.