This forum is closed for posting. Please, join us in our Discord server at discord.gg/regnum. See you there!

Go Back   Champions of Regnum > English > General discussion

General discussion Topics related to various aspects of Champions of Regnum

Old 05-28-2010, 11:17 PM   #11
Mikan
Baron

Mikan has a spectacular aura aboutMikan has a spectacular aura about

My complaint about the events is that they are always much too difficult.

The prizes are mediocre for the quests which require you to do nothing but play the game all day, every day, for an entire week, which doesn't work for those of us who have other things to do, such as work or school, or who are too sick to continuously play like that.

I think that all events would be much better if they were considerably easier. It's not like you're giving us free packs of Ximerin for every fort we take or something really valueable. They're often just hats and outfits... and while they did use the precious time of your art team, they do have very little to no benefit to us in the game in reality, cosmetic or otherwise.

The only hat I've ever managed to get is a Christmas hat, and its only value is for selling.

Another example is when the Christmas event was around. I spent entire days running around to trees with my premium horse that I spent 9,600 Ximerin on. However, the most I ever got from these trees was a single war banner, a MINOR mana potion and a few other minor items. In my personal opinion, all of that time was just wasted to obtain items I could've bought with the few cents in my pocket, and I have gradually participated less and less at events year after year.

It is not fun, it is only stressing, and makes players hate the game even more than they already do. It also makes players paranoid that you made this particular event the way that you did in order to encourage people to just buy the premium item instead.

I will not be participating in any more events, on any of my characters, until you begin to make them have a realistic difficulty, rather than something that is only available to dedicated players who already play all of the time.

Hint: Difficulty could be raised in other areas of the game too.

Kind regards.
Mikan no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2010, 11:30 PM   #12
Nekoko
Master

Nekoko is on a distinguished road

*Has to agree too* I've pretty much given up on events, they're always too hard, too silly or just plain boring... Maybe one day we'll get some better ones, cause I have never really been to a fun one yet.
Old 05-29-2010, 01:09 AM   #13
BigManOnCampus
Initiate

BigManOnCampus is on a distinguished road

As I understand it, the NGD devs like the game they've made, they play it.

The 2nd Anniversary was (imo) a major win because there was a crescendo of events leading to a final major day of WZ activity. The Dev's came in-game and led a war campaign for each realm. That was as simple as it gets. No need for complicated code changes to player WZ activity for rewards, no need for new WZ code testing on Amun. We understand you guys like this game, we like it too or we wouldn't be here. Just jump in with game-master powers once in a while and mix things up a bit. (edit: or am I thinking of the 1 year anniv for Horus? maybe they were separate)

IT IS THAT SIMPLE.

Also, FWIW, the problems experienced in the WZ code for this last event, where groups of players or perhaps just hunters from each realm would enter an "unholy alliance" and just recapture forts back-and-forth from inside the fort without attacking each other to get rosettes.... those problems I witnessed on Amun the first day it was up with the new code. Perhaps I should have reported this, but I honestly found it hard to believe anyone missed it.
BigManOnCampus no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2010, 04:57 PM   #14
adict
Apprentice

adict is an unknown quantity at this point
Default yep

Yep thats the problem. everything is just so simple and gets boring after while (exept Invasions). Landscape is simple, quests are simple, mobs are simple, crafting is simple, events are simple. Conclusion is that if not in WAR you have absolutely nothing to do! And to join war you have to be atleast 35! That means that more then half of your "charakter life" you are doing nothing that makes Regnum Online the game it is. Slashing mindlessly simple mobs in not fun.
An to be honest we know that the problem is not that NGD doesnt want to. Problem is that there is no money, no enough people to speed things up and to make Regnum an awesome game. You can close your eyes but the faits is unavoidable. NGD needs heavy investments to development. As a small independent studio it will not survive (Oh I wish I would be wrong) in competition of MMOs that are flowing the market every single day from China, Russia, Korea etc.offering more eyecandy, more things to do for free.
If you compare Regnum Online to others MMOs I mean free MMOs you will notice that the developmet is slow and the gap is growing.
And the list of what players want is growing. If we ignore beggings for not war included things like better crafting, usable loot, dungeons we end up with tons of other things the players want and Im afraid they will get it somewhere elsewhere soon. After 3 years we are still stucked in one War area, still on level 50, every realm sharing the same armors, weapons and not to menasion other eyecandy stuff.
In fact we are for three years facing always the same problems like balance, evade/miss problem, underpopulation. Thanks god that other free MMOs suffer with similar issues. But I woudlnt bet my neck that NGD will solve them faster. I do not intend to start a flame war. Im playing Regnum for 2 yeras now and to be honest..I liked almost everythin NGD did and I like the direction the game is heading. I like the community, I like the style of the game. What gives me the creeps is the fact that alltough NGD is riding a beautiful steed named Regnum everybody else allready has a car and are moving toward the finish line.
And to be honest I dont know the numbers, but if Regnum wouldnt have the exlusivity of the only Linux MMORPG game in town, the situation would be much much worst.
Old 06-05-2010, 05:39 PM   #15
time-to-die
Baron

time-to-die is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjanex View Post
Dear people,

1st: Communication is far away at NGD I think you will have to do something about it I mailed a mail a month ago didn't get any answers.

Tjan,

ummmh a month ago. It is funny if you say that, because i have send a mail like 7month's ago. and still i dont have a answers.
with kind regards
time-to-die no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2010, 09:51 AM   #16
tjanex
Banned

tjanex is on a distinguished road

Same here month ago a mail to NGD NO response...
tjanex no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2010, 12:42 PM   #17
HidraA
Banned

HidraA is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saltor View Post

Christmas was fun, although the fights at the island were discouraging.

Valentine's was amusing .. hearing the swearing in realm chat when someone failed to see a Cupid in time. That one at least encouraged cooperation between players.
I am agree with Saltor

I prefer Valentines and Christamns event were fun ...

Yes events must be cool but sample..I dont like complicated events like this year anyversary one..Past year were better ..well for me.

This year aniversary quest madet me to log off and i dont login since event finished... all people became crazy to take that premium cloths and all forgot the fun.
In next event i hope to be more sample and funny..like was before...

And one Hint dont come on events with new premium items..for me looked like on big advertise not like one event :P

Last edited by HidraA; 06-06-2010 at 02:55 PM.
HidraA no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote