This forum is closed for posting. Please, join us in our Discord server at discord.gg/regnum. See you there!

Go Back   Champions of Regnum > English > Technical Support > Linux

Linux Technical issues under Linux platform

Old 02-26-2015, 11:29 PM   #101
Zarakaye
Apprentice

Zarakaye is on a distinguished road

Cuchulain it seem you have this problem: http://www.championsofregnum.com/for...d.php?t=100997

take a look to my solution (at ends of the thread) is an old bug NGD do not care about Linux client
Zarakaye no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2015, 12:18 AM   #102
andres81
Count

andres81 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cuchulainn View Post
I installed Calculate 14 (CLDX variant with XFCE as DE) on my computer yesterday and tried Regnum on it. This linux is based on Gentoo.

At first I got segfaults when executing rolauncher, but the issue was solved after I changed the appearence from the default look to Crux. Somehow the game launcher doesn't work if I use Calculate as appearence theme. But with the change it works now.
I suppose the crashes appeared before you submitted this authentication code you received by email?
In this case you can switch back to your preferred desktop theme after having started the game once - what fails and provokes the segfault is actually only the window where you have to enter the authentication code.
This bug is already several years old and exists since NGD implemented this authentication stuff, appearently they have no intention to fix it.
andres81 no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2015, 01:40 AM   #103
Iheartpancakes
Banned

Iheartpancakes is on a distinguished road

While I applaud NGD for having the best MMO available to Linux (and it's how I found out about RO), I've finally realised dual booting was just a better option. In Windows I get a better FPS and weapon trails, there's no dependencies I need to install, and it's generally just a more pleasing experience. Yes, even though it's Windows, it's still pleasing. I said it.
Iheartpancakes no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2017, 04:42 PM   #104
Adrian
NGD·Studios

Adrian will become famous soon enoughAdrian will become famous soon enough

Hello,

We uploaded an updated version of the Linux installers. These versions contain only the needed resources for the initiation zones of all realms, and also they have the current and working launcher as well.

Can any of you test them? Remember to install it in another folder as you may lose your resource files of your current installation.

http://download01.regnumonlinegame.c...r/ROInstall_32
http://download01.regnumonlinegame.c...r/ROInstall_64

Thank you!
Old 12-29-2017, 08:34 PM   #105
schachteana
Master

schachteana is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adrian View Post
Hello,

We uploaded an updated version of the Linux installers. ...
just tried it and everything worked fine. Initiation zone loaded really quickly.
Found it rather strange that Regnum decided to start with 1024x resolution, when there are 1920 and 5760 as other choices. I'd expect 1920 to be default.
Also, game initially started in windowed mode. Fullscreen + wrong resolution can be rather confusing for new/younger players... I remember distinctively that 8 years ago, I used to play with 1024x768 fullscreen without knowing there was a bigger resolution available
Also, any reason why "middle" graphics is chosen as a default? Water details middle, no bloom, no FXAA. Middle is about 60 and high about 50 fps for me.
Shouldn't V sync be enabled by default?
Gamma settings work fine in Linux, but I think that in Windows, they affect the entire OS which is strange.
After changing graphic settings, the game claims to restart but fails to do so.
It seems that some, if not all settings are character-bound. "Save map zoom" and "show 2nd spellbar" should really be enabled by default but they are not.
The Antialiasing controller (upper left one, there are two??) is greyed out, even with high graphic settings.
But when I enable the FXAA tick, the games looks weird, changes color all the time. See screenshot. Also, as can be seen from the picture, there is no antialiasing going on, looks pretty bad. Does not fit into the remaining graphics which are pretty decent.
Still wondering why "Extracting setup files" takes more than three minutes . Unzipping an archive of similar size takes no more than 15 sec.
Same thing under Windows, if I remember correctly.
schachteana no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2017, 08:52 PM   #106
Adrian
NGD·Studios

Quote:
Originally Posted by schachteana View Post
Thank you for testing!

It works as intended, then.

Yes, the default settings when the newest hardware is not detected properly (that code needs some... recoding) are really embarrassing. We need to change that.

But, what I was worried about is that the installer works fine and the launcher as well. Up until now, the installer also had a bug in some distros that we managed to tackle (see before in this thread, someone talking about "bad file number").

So, thanks a lot!
Old 12-30-2017, 11:21 PM   #107
Ikaledam
Pledge

Ikaledam is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adrian View Post
Thank you for testing!

It works as intended, then.

Yes, the default settings when the newest hardware is not detected properly (that code needs some... recoding) are really embarrassing. We need to change that.

But, what I was worried about is that the installer works fine and the launcher as well. Up until now, the installer also had a bug in some distros that we managed to tackle (see before in this thread, someone talking about "bad file number").

So, thanks a lot!
Hey Adrian, just a heads up, the version of ncurses that the game is using is old. I had to install packages from the AUR such as ncurses5-compat-libs and lib32-ncurses5-compat-libs in order to get the game to run; with the default and up to date version of the library that comes with my distro (ncurses6) the game won't launch. I imagine if users don't have an easy way to install compatibility packages or are just new to linux and don't understand the problem, this could be a deal breaker.
Ikaledam no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2018, 03:10 PM   #108
Adrian
NGD·Studios

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ikaledam View Post
Hey Adrian, just a heads up, the version of ncurses that the game is using is old. I had to install packages from the AUR such as ncurses5-compat-libs and lib32-ncurses5-compat-libs in order to get the game to run; with the default and up to date version of the library that comes with my distro (ncurses6) the game won't launch. I imagine if users don't have an easy way to install compatibility packages or are just new to linux and don't understand the problem, this could be a deal breaker.
Thank you! Noted and we will see what we can do