This forum is closed for posting. Please, join us in our Discord server at discord.gg/regnum. See you there!

Go Back   Champions of Regnum > English > Questions to the Community

Questions to the Community Guides and how-to play threads posted by other users

Old 10-30-2014, 07:50 PM   #11
halvdan
Master

halvdan is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClariceStarling View Post
Hi, what you said was pretty accurate, in everything BUT one thing: the set up. You'd go way better with a sword as primary weapon (because of the set up I will give you). Keep the spear to hit those who are running from you.
Just try it
http://regnumsentinel.com/t5k

South Croos and Typhoon are PRIMORDIAL. And some of the skills you have in yours are pretty useless like: Intimidate (4) this one is only use to the player off their mounts, at (1) will be perfect. Although Rend, Heroic Shout and Warmaster Blood are useless.
The set up I gave you is one that is common in RA, give it a try
I am no barb, but I am pretty sure this setup isn't pretty common on RA, or peeps on Ra aren't very smart. Just a thought, why you lvled blunt weapons to 13 if using only passive for strength(11 should be enough), another thing, you'd get better strength bonus with decreasing lethal anatomy to 2 and getting lvl 1 versatility. Cool, isn't it?
Old 10-31-2014, 10:00 AM   #12
The_Pirate
Initiate

The_Pirate is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by HaraldOfAlsius View Post
O.K. But they say that every class has got resistance aganst every weapon types... Or not?
All armor has resistance against every dmg type. Check your armor and you will see a list showing pierce/slash/blunt/fire/ice/lightning. Against each of these you will have v.bad/bad/normal/good/v.good. bads give a percentage less dmg resistance over normal, while goods give a percentage more dmg resistance over normal. Can't remember what the percentages are.

You can't find armor with all dmg types being v.good. So you need to balance the stats according to which dmg type you are most likely to face. Personally I like having good/v.good vs slash and pierce and if possible ice and fire. Why?

Archers give mainly pierce dmg, barbs mainly slash dmg. So good resist vs these are critical, particularly archers as that is the most common dmg to encounter regardless of your class. Ice and fire as I play syrtis and ice/fire are the common elemental dmg types for alsius/ignis.

So far the bonuses on armor pieces have been very important for me. I'm trying to put together a colossus set of v.good vs pierce and slash, and good at least vs ice/fire, regardless of bonuses. Challenging... If I succeed I'll test it to see what is more worthwhile - great resists vs good resists+bonuses.

Quote:
Hi, what you said was pretty accurate, in everything BUT one thing: the set up. You'd go way better with a sword as primary weapon (because of the set up I will give you). Keep the spear to hit those who are running from you.
Just try it

South Croos and Typhoon are PRIMORDIAL. And some of the skills you have in yours are pretty useless like: Intimidate (4) this one is only use to the player off their mounts, at (1) will be perfect. Although Rend, Heroic Shout and Warmaster Blood are useless.
Interesting set up. Most is the same, but nice slash tree set up. Might give it a shot if I change my gear. Keep in mind that Ra and Haven have two different environments. Ra is far more zerg and teamwork. Haven is far more individual, due to lower ppltn. Intimi 4 is critical believe me
The_Pirate no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2014, 01:19 PM   #13
Xenopuff
Pledge

Xenopuff is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Just try it

The set up I gave you is one that is common in RA, give it a try

If you came to me and presented this setup i would slap you.

"Al mio segnale,scatenate Giant!"
Xenopuff no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2014, 03:15 PM   #14
The_Pirate
Initiate

Ah Giant Troll! My goat nemesis

What would you suggest as set up for your fellow goatling?

PS - regards and looking forward to our next encounter.
Old 11-01-2014, 07:09 PM   #15
ClariceStarling
Pledge

ClariceStarling is on a distinguished road

Quote:
I am no barb, but I am pretty sure this setup isn't pretty common on RA, or peeps on Ra aren't very smart. Just a thought, why you lvled blunt weapons to 13 if using only passive for strength(11 should be enough), another thing, you'd get better strength bonus with decreasing lethal anatomy to 2 and getting lvl 1 versatility
Oh boy! You totally discredit yourself by saying you're no barb. The suggestion was not even for you, But I'll respond to you anyway. Let's see...
This set up is quite standard on RA, I play there. I'm a WM Barb actually.
I put 13 to Blunt Weapons because they're were my last points...just to put them somewhere. After all there is not big of a difference from 11 (like you said) to 13.
Another thing, as strength passive is better Lethal Anatomy because i'ts all strength, Versatility has dexterity, and that's useless. Although If I use a spear as primary weapon I would have developed Piercing tree, and THEN I would've consider to put Versatility.
You didn't need to call us stupid so freely like you did, that's inmature.

Quote:
Interesting set up. Most is the same, but nice slash tree set up. Might give it a shot if I change my gear. Keep in mind that Ra and Haven have two different environments. Ra is far more zerg and teamwork. Haven is far more individual, due to lower ppltn
Hi ^^ I'm glad you didn't got mad :P
You're quite right, I forgot that there are many players less.
_Onslaught is the proof that I play in teamwork, in RA not every single barb has it.
_Typhoon: as many others areas, is very used in Forts and Castles battles. In Ra there are plenty of them. We make quite a deal of dmg against more than 4 or 5 enemies. It's quite usefull because of the nock out effect, it gives you a few seconds to kill one by one. And if you coordinate it with other barbs, it can kill you pretty fast. It has 1600 to 1900 of dmg (with full buffs).
And the armors we use are all G,VG at Slash and pierce. With streght, constitution (gives more HP and evasion), Av, mana, and others. But those ones are the most important.
P.S: I'm no fellow of the goat by christ's sake. I put my avatar because I liked it, that's all. I'm a proud lettuce
Quote:
If you came to me and presented this setup i would slap you
Slapping girls...didn't expect much of a goat but a kick :P
ClariceStarling no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2014, 07:32 PM   #16
halvdan
Master

halvdan is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Oh boy! You totally discredit yourself by saying you're no barb. The suggestion was not even for you, But I'll respond to you anyway. Let's see...
This set up is quite standard on RA, I play there. I'm a WM Barb actually.
I put 13 to Blunt Weapons because they're were my last points...just to put them somewhere. After all there is not big of a difference from 11 (like you said) to 13.
Another thing, as strength passive is better Lethal Anatomy because i'ts all strength, Versatility has dexterity, and that's useless.
My dear, I only said that if you put 2 power points in Lethal anatomy and 1 power point in Versatility, your strength bonus will be higher than if you'd put all 3 power points in Lethal anatomy. Just watch this easy maths. Lethal anatomy on lvls 1,2,3 provides you with 5,7 or 9 strength bonus. Versatility on lvls 1,2,3 provides you with 4,5 or 6 strength bonus.

Now your strength bonus with 3 points in Lethal anatomy is +9 strength. But Lethal anatomy(2) + Versatility (1) gives you 7+4= +11 strength bonus.
You might ask where you get discipline points for this. Now, look on useless lvl 13 blunt tree, there.

Btw, I never wrote about people from Ra being stupid, I was only wondering if all players there prefer having less strength than more, like you obviously did.
Old 11-02-2014, 01:54 PM   #17
Xenopuff
Pledge

Xenopuff is on a distinguished road

Since you scrolled your barb im guessing you do not have your WM powers yet?
I might have missed it but i couldnt find any mentions of what kind of weapon you are using so im gonna go with slash tree.

This is what i would go for if i wasnt wm

http://regnumsentinel.com/t5y

Reason i dont have typhoon is simply cause i dont find it useful enough with Haven's small population, its a 500 manacost, which would be 1/3rd of any avg geared barb total manapool. I rather take rote now when NGD decided to drop the %chance, it gives you a 4 sec knock at level 3 and only costs 270 mana

"Al mio segnale,scatenate Giant!"
Xenopuff no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2014, 07:10 PM   #18
Cupto
Pledge

Cupto is on a distinguished road

My current piecing tree, wm build.
http://www.regnumsentinel.com/t5z/
Cupto no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2014, 01:39 PM   #19
Loque
Master

Loque is on a distinguished road

I think the OP might be talking about a level 45 barbarian.
Loque no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2014, 03:13 PM   #20
The_Pirate
Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loque View Post
I think the OP might be talking about a level 45 barbarian.
Woops... Ok here is my suggest:
http://regnumsentinel.com/t68

Reasoning:
You're mainly grinding so priority is:
Max dmg, ability to run from gankers/kick ganker ass

Therefore - use hammer as good stuff is available for lvl 45 and this is best non-elemental dmg type. Also I love the crit chance boost... you can get some serious dmg going with that which is great for grinding. Forceful blow is cheap and cheerful for grinding too.

This set up is controversial. Most barbs I share it with hate it and threaten to slap me. BUT it is the highest dmg giver set up I have used to date while grinding. Although the crit chance spells are weird and you can get 10 or more non-crits even using these spells, you can also get every hit crit - which means 150% dmg on each hit. Sweet no?

To max crit chance use equipment (armor and weaps) with high HC. HC=crit chance.

The roar and kick are there for acas. A lvl 45 barb can kill a hunter, if you catch them - which is very very hard. Only chance is roar, kick, hope you manage to kill and if not hope back up manages to kill.

Barbs are mana deficient and barb spells are mana intensive... so use that mana jewelry.

Good luck. If you use the set up let me know how you find it Join the crit chance barb club (currently consisting of me alone, afaik)