This forum is closed for posting. Please, join us in our Discord server at discord.gg/regnum. See you there!

Go Back   Champions of Regnum > English > The Inn

The Inn A place to gather around and chat about almost any subject

Old 08-02-2018, 03:44 AM   #1
Comp
Count

Comp will become famous soon enough
Default Compost saying hi...

So it's been oh....2-3 years maybe since I really played. I sure to miss lots of ya but just checking in to see how the game play is, what server is best? I'd hate to start over on a new server but...meh...

Talk to me....but when you respond it must be with "Oh wow, Compost the best hunter of all time...you are amazing" ... cmon' make me wanna come back
Old 08-02-2018, 08:30 AM   #2
ieti
Count

ieti is on a distinguished road

Hi Compost

I pretty much stopped to play on Haven, because it is dead and empty. If they merge with RA i will return.

Soooo answer to your question - go to RA.
Old 08-02-2018, 08:38 AM   #3
Loque
Master

Loque is on a distinguished road

Oh wow Compost, the only best hunter of all time, you are amazing. Good to see you man. Hope you and family are doing great.

Unfortunately as much as you or I want this game to be better it's not. I haven't played for 2 years or so and only just started playing again during the World Cup event and had hopes they would merge or something but I don't think NGD cares. Haven is a graveyard and not really going anywhere. You'd have maybe one hour of some fights at peak hours which is a big stretch considering it would be max 15 players altogether in all realms at this hour and this does not happen every day either. So if you want to play the game I would suggest playing on Ra just for playing.

Apart from population, other things like balance, mechanics, bugs and user experience have been completely ignored for years. I don't have any hopes now for this game or for Haven or for the devs and I'm slowly distancing myself until I can finally stop playing it. I would advise against returning at all but it's your choice. If you choose, choose Ra. Good luck.

8 billion people in the world and they can't get 20 people to play this on a daily basis. I just wonder if NGD ever cared to do anything right. Amazing.
Loque no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2018, 08:39 AM   #4
Lebeau
Banned

Location: 'B-F-Egypt', Virginia, U.S.A. (please pity & forgive us poor american fools!).
Lebeau is on a distinguished road
Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Compost View Post
So it's been oh....2-3 years maybe since I really played. I sure to miss lots of ya but just checking in to see how the game play is, what server is best? I'd hate to start over on a new server but...meh...

Talk to me ... cmon' make me wanna come back
Take it from me as indisputable fact: "Oh wow, Compost the best hunter of all time...you are amazing"; along with Enio, our highly exalted Supreme Leader Wonk-sters of ASCENDANCY, by far the single greatest, in-a-class-by-itself Horus/Haven clan of all-time! All hail the Compy! ;}

Haven just finished up the WC event, which really sparked WZ activity not hardly seen here in a few years now. We did have a lovely fort war 7/31/18 (usa afternoon) at Samal. Staged, we goats slowly lost, first the GC, then later the door (doorless fort war, woot!), & at last stand, in tower, the fort itself, but it lasted hours overall, & was most epic/glorious/"amazing". Best battle many had seen in years, & they/I said as much at the time.

Regrettably, such has become the rare exception, & not the rule, on Haven. Typically, what draws the most population in peak to server is TDM, WZ boss raids, & to a lesser degree, drop gem grinding, all of which demonstrably kill war, sad to say. I'm staying til they merge it, or the lights go out, but Haven is sparse much of the time, & even when not, typically it has endemic population imbalances due to the so-very-many winWinWIN zergster-mentality multi-realmers.

Valhalla it is said is actually even worse off, but Idk, as I have no toons there. Ra, on the other hand, is still fairly robust, except for american late-late-night, & even so, sometimes invasions occur even during these waning hours, just like we goats did on Horus way back in the old school days, just to have a decent chance to pull one off right, & acquire gem(s). (Sidenote: current 'Paladin aid' knight-spell is potentially highly imbalancing on lower pop. server & circumstantially, can be severely abused.). All that said tho, populated Ra just feels distinctly 'odd' to me, for various reasons.

I'm no linguist, so the language barrier does hamper my 'immersion', & my sense-of-inclusion. I miss realm chat also, tho WM/clan chats are substituted here to less effect/purpose (imho). It just seems each of us is such a very small 5th-wheel in such a very BIG machine there. Ra makes most feel to be very low-impact (even irrelevant?), which is the opposite of how Vahalla/Haven usually seems. Targetting is quite often a very serious Ra issue. Also, Ra's gameplay paradigm usually 'feels' far less flexible & rather far more fixedly & predictably stale in comparison. More action is zerg-on-few, not 1-on-1, not those awesome small unit skirmishes, & most is usually instead full-on, non-dynamic zerg-wars.

End result? As follows: both sides buff up, all charge/hold-the-line, all advance or retreat (or die) en lockstep masse, if inconclusive the zergs distance themselves, the dust settles, in reset mode all wait for cd's to end, recover mana & hp's, then it's both sides buff up again, rinse & repeat all over, ad naseum (note: do NOT be among the first to charge in or among the last to retreat away, & I mean like ever!)

/me scrolls up. HMMM! Dang, done near wrote a 'book' here. Ah, nostalgia ... anyhoo', ya' place ya' bets, rolls 'dem dice & takes ya' chances ... choose your poison, m8

Last edited by Lebeau; 08-02-2018 at 09:34 AM.
Lebeau no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2018, 07:14 AM   #5
Valour
Master

Valour is on a distinguished road

Oh wow, Compost the best hunter of all time...you are amazing.

Good to hear from you buddy!

I've a goat on ra, and still hanging around on Ignis most of the time, I'd look forward to either playing with or against you if you do play again haha.
Old 08-17-2018, 09:31 PM   #6
_Enio_
Marquis

_Enio_ will become famous soon enough

I only saw this now! Compost! Weee, memories =)
Edit: I would say RA is the way to go.
Old 08-17-2018, 11:59 PM   #7
Skjringsaal
Duke

Skjringsaal has a spectacular aura aboutSkjringsaal has a spectacular aura aboutSkjringsaal has a spectacular aura about

Why is it Campondious "dead and gone"

Signature by Alextrix.
Skjringsaal no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote