This forum is closed for posting. Please, join us in our Discord server at discord.gg/regnum. See you there!

Go Back   Champions of Regnum > English > General discussion

General discussion Topics related to various aspects of Champions of Regnum

Old 10-22-2018, 01:04 AM   #1
Hollow-Ichigo
Count

Hollow-Ichigo is on a distinguished road
Default Clan Chest Items

Please create a way for clan chest items to be lended out for specific amounts of time.

It's actually ridiculous that you try to help people with gear and instead get cucked because they disappear or leave the clan and try to sell it.

At this point a clan chest may aswell be an extended account stash for the clan leader.

best,
Old 10-22-2018, 01:17 AM   #2
blood_omen
Pledge

blood_omen is on a distinguished road

I totally agree, a loan system should be implemented to avoid any thefts/misunderstandings or people leaving clans and never returning items.

Last edited by blood_omen; 10-28-2018 at 10:50 PM.
blood_omen no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2018, 04:51 PM   #3
Mashu
Master

Mashu is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by blood_omen View Post
I totally agree, a lend system should be implemented to avoid any thefts or people leaving clans and never returning items.
That would be a cool add-on!! Time on return to owner on demand.
This way more players could enjoy dragon amulets.
Mashu no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2018, 02:07 PM   #4
Aver
Initiate

Aver is on a distinguished road

Correct me if I am mistaken, but as far as I know: Everyone can donate items to the Cc, but only founder and those with highest rank can give them away.
If that's how it works... "Don't give the highest rank to someone you just met" might be someone's answer, yet I think the idea is quite good (not a priority atm tbh)
Kind regards.
Aver no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2018, 03:31 PM   #5
blood_omen
Pledge

blood_omen is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aver View Post
Correct me if I am mistaken, but as far as I know: Everyone can donate items to the Cc, but only founder and those with highest rank can give them away.
If that's how it works... "Don't give the highest rank to someone you just met" might be someone's answer, yet I think the idea is quite good (not a priority atm tbh)
Kind regards.
Not all members can donate, only the ones with required rank.
blood_omen no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2018, 04:54 PM   #6
erzsi
Pledge

erzsi is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollow-Ichigo View Post
Please create a way for clan chest items to be lended out for specific amounts of time.

It's actually ridiculous that you try to help people with gear and instead get cucked because they disappear or leave the clan and try to sell it.

At this point a clan chest may aswell be an extended account stash for the clan leader.
Speaking as a member of several clans that have suffered this problem, I think it's a good idea. But let's not limit this to clans. How many players have loaned items by trading them to other players, thinking eventually they'd get them back?

So if the game had a LOAN system, where loaned items were marked in the player's inventory (and who loaned them), and this loan system were extended to the Clan Chest (or perhaps it starts at the Clan Chest and is extended to everyone's inventory), this would solve the larger problem instead of the specific instance.

I think this would require adding a field or two to the database for each item in the game ("loaned by", which could be a player or a clan), and mucking with the inventory system a little.

It might also be a good idea to limit the number of items borrowable to so many per player at a time. This could change by class (full set of armor plus weapon(s) plus amu plus two rings. For warriors and archers, that's 10; for mages, it's 8).

And the item would revert to the clan chest at the end of the Loan period, or if the player quits the clan. However, this would mean a clan chest limited to 100 items, with 40 items on loan, could only have 60 items in it (loaned items would be marked as on loan and unavailable in the Clan Chest). So if this were done, the Clan Chest would need to be enlarged (thus necessitating Clan levels increasing to 20 or more to earn a bigger Clan Chest!).

Should loan periods be limited?

The authorized Clan Chest accessor (currently the Founder) should have the authority to either loan or give items to the clan members (because some Clan inventory needs to be cleared, for whatever reason). If the authority to move items from the Clan Chest changes, authority to loan or to give should be separate bits of the privileges of office.
erzsi no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2018, 08:08 PM   #7
Lebeau
Banned

Location: 'B-F-Egypt', Virginia, U.S.A. (please pity & forgive us poor american fools!).
Lebeau is on a distinguished road
Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by erzsi View Post
^This is a good idea, but is it doable (Adrian is solo coding atm)? Done right, anyone could loan to anyone else for a set amount of time: #/#/# (either a chosen set return date, or manually in hours, days, weeks, months, etc). Options are always the w2g. Without fail (actually with a lot of fail), most of the gears I've lent out to help folk grind up, etc, never made it back to me (not cool!) & sit useless & unused on unplayed & discarded 60- toon accounts now....

Last edited by Lebeau; 10-28-2018 at 08:20 PM.
Lebeau no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2018, 04:28 AM   #8
erzsi
Pledge

erzsi is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lebeau View Post
^This is a good idea, but is it doable (Adrian is solo coding atm)? Done right, anyone could loan to anyone else for a set amount of time: #/#/# (either a chosen set return date, or manually in hours, days, weeks, months, etc). Options are always the w2g. Without fail (actually with a lot of fail), most of the gears I've lent out to help folk grind up, etc, never made it back to me (not cool!) & sit useless & unused on unplayed & discarded 60- toon accounts now....
TL; DR: I think it's doable.

My thought:

Add a Loan dialog, like the Trade dialog, that only works one way (e.g., Player A loans Item X to Player B). Items borrowed are flagged with the owner's name and a time period (which could be indefinite, like 12/31/2999). At the end of that time period, those items are returned to the owner (repossessed), with a tag of "Returned by name".

I think this is four fields per item. The fields are internally tagged with the
  • ID number of the owner (likely a long integer), and the server translates the name.
  • There's a timestamp for when it was loaned,
  • a duration in seconds for when it goes back (32 bits),
  • and then the ID number of "Returned by ...".

Borrowed items cannot be traded, given away, auctioned, loaned, sold to merchants, or dropped. They can be equipped; they can be upgraded; they can be returned to the lender. How much code this affects, I don't know, but I'm guessing the Merchant Commerce, Trade, Loan, Auction, and Dropping routines would need to check this (if the item has an Owner other than the current character, the routine says "you can't do that with a Loaned Item").

Max limit of borrowed items in any character's inventory should be 10 (although I think a limit per class is appropriate, 10 is certainly reasonable no matter what class, and avoids any calculations). Perhaps there should be a separate tab in inventory for them (clearly labeled "Borrowed Items", limited to ten slots, showing item, owner, date due). No more open slots, no more loans to you.

Probably need another dialog (perhaps driven by a right-click in the Loaned Items inventory tab) is needed to return to lender.

There should be a function to clear the "Returned by X" tag (player driven).

I'm not sure how intense that code is going to be. I think most of it is already in use in various places (you can't sell certain items, already; this is a copy of that code with a different flag to check). Some items are already tagged in various ways ("Quest Item" as one example). That DB column could perhaps be re-used for Loan items to save database space, but that would require a bit more code.

The Trade dialog could be copied, and certain parts of it simply eliminated. No need for the receiving character to do anything but accept or decline (no interest or loand fees. Keep it simple). Add to the loan function behind the loan dialog the routines of filling in the DB fields. If the receiver already has ten loaned items, the lender receives a message, "Recipient already has ten loaned items."

There probably also needs to be a record of Loaned items in the Loaning character's inventory, and a repossession dialog should be openable there. Some thought is required. If the recipient of the loan is currently using the item, does it get taken from him mid-swing? Maybe, but the repossession should likely give a 2-minute countdown (every 15 seconds, a brief message flashes; last 15 seconds, countdown). If the item is returned by the borrower during the countdown, it stops and the repossession is completed. Countdown code is already in use in many places. Only one item at a time (let's keep things simpler for the coders and players, and not overload the poor server) can be repossessed. That is, until the repossession routing is done, another repossession routine may not be started by the character.

It is fairly complex, and there are a lot of bits, some of which could be easily bollixed with a typo or a logic error.

The Inventory sections to track Loaned items on both sides would be relatively complex (only that tab shows those fields), but there is code that kind of does things like that (Auction House, for one). Might have to be a separate dialog, and not part of Inventory, though.

Question is, would it take a long time to code it?

And that's a question only Adrian at this point can answer.
erzsi no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote