This forum is closed for posting. Please, join us in our Discord server at discord.gg/regnum. See you there!

Go Back   Champions of Regnum > English > General discussion

General discussion Topics related to various aspects of Champions of Regnum

Old 04-23-2011, 09:13 PM   #1
Balint
Apprentice

Balint is an unknown quantity at this point
Default about leveling

I don't understand why are there 60 levels. All what ppl do atm is grinding to lvl60 and after all they go to war. I tried to fight as a lvl48 player, but the others were too strong to me, I didn't had fun, because I tought I'm useless. It was not fair that other ppl had lots of more chance to win than me.

I don't understand why we need to grind. I won't be more experienced if I kill 60000 (brainless) creatures. Someone who do the most meaningless thing, will be the best player.

If a new player starting to play he will reach lvl10 and quit. Too much time to grind the character to 60 and it's not fun eighter. Others who grinded to 60, was it fun? Do you want to start again?

I think this game is only enjoyable, because there are few lvl60ers. If someone grinding to 60 he always will be one of the best players. So a player on lvl60 will be always a god.

About the levels between 1-59: Why we need this? lvl1? no fun. lvl2? no fun. lvl3? no fun...etc. Grinding to 60 shouldn't be a work, it's a game it's not about working. If I wanna work I do something else.
Old 04-24-2011, 12:38 AM   #2
animalartist
Initiate

animalartist is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balint View Post
I tried to fight as a lvl48 player, but the others were too strong to me, I didn't had fun, because I tought I'm useless. It was not fair that other ppl had lots of more chance to win than me.
Try getting out with someone prepared to show you round, listen to them, learn.

Quote:
I don't understand why we need to grind. I won't be more experienced if I kill 60000 (brainless) creatures. Someone who do the most meaningless thing, will be the best player.
Grinding can be useful understanding your spells and how they work.
It can also provide you with gear to wear/use or sell for $
Thats a couple of postitive ways to look at it.

Quote:
If a new player starting to play he will reach lvl10 and quit. Too much time to grind the character to 60 and it's not fun eighter. Others who grinded to 60, was it fun? Do you want to start again?
lvl 10, are you serious? This might not be the game for you.
Actually, i dont mind grinding as you can see from my sig. It gives you a bit of time out. Yeah can be a pain though being ganked when you just want to 'finish the level '.

Quote:
I think this game is only enjoyable, because there are few lvl60ers. If someone grinding to 60 he always will be one of the best players. So a player on lvl60 will be always a god.
Not all level 60's know what they are capeable of or can do either. Dont call us/them gods. Only a select few think of themselves like that. Thier in game personality will give them away.
Most of us are just here for fun. Its a game - remember that.

Quote:
Grinding to 60 shouldn't be a work, it's a game it's not about working. If I wanna work I do something else.
I guess no one is twisting your arm to stay?
animalartist no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2011, 01:34 AM   #3
Topogigio_BR
Baron

Topogigio_BR is on a distinguished road

you dont ned ot be a lvl60 to play you just will not have an easy kill.
All your buffs, debuffs and CCs works if you ar a lvl 60 or a lvl30 even dots works same way for all lvls, only pure damage is really affected by lvl and for sure mana and HP of your enemies.
Topogigio_BR no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2011, 01:39 AM   #4
Balint
Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by animalartist View Post
Yeah, I understand you, my point was why there need levels between 1-59 when you only can play normaly on lvl60. In war ofc everyone want to be the best, everyone will grind to 60.

This game has the best RvR action but you have to survive thoose long grinding hours to be able to fight. I don't understand why we have to do that.

There should be some improvement in leveling, because it's too monoton and boring (for me). I told to a friend about regnum and he tried it and left it when he was lvl10. He said it's a boring game. I think we are loosing many players trought this way. I'm sure some changes in leveling would give us more new players.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gallus View Post
you dont ned ot be a lvl60 to play you just will not have an easy kill.
All your buffs, debuffs and CCs works if you ar a lvl 60 or a lvl30 even dots works same way for all lvls, only pure damage is really affected by lvl and for sure mana and HP of your enemies.
Yeah it's true but what I'm doing hard on 30, the lvl60er will do easly, then why I shouldn't grind to 60? And on 30 there are more resist, too low hp, you die in one hit. Yes, you can have fun on 30 too but to be usefull you have to reach 60
Old 04-24-2011, 01:58 AM   #5
animalartist
Initiate

animalartist is on a distinguished road

I think its how you look at it in the wz.
Sure your going to be pawned but there are other enemy players out there the same level or lower too.
You just have to know to 'pick your fights' or back up a bit.

Wev'e all been there as a low lvl and sure, you die alot, hell , i die alot still but its all good. I die gracefully as a clannie would say and it dont bother me lol.

When you start getting angry or disapointed then its time to grind a little, work off that frustration.

Your syrtis yes? Add my hunter to your friends list if you like, come for a run. (assuming your not in a clan with helpful people here).

On a side note, being 60 doesnt stop the boredom either some days
animalartist no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2011, 02:05 AM   #6
VandaMan
Baron

VandaMan is on a distinguished road

If you can't do well on your lock around level 45, you won't do well on it at 60 either.
VandaMan no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2011, 02:18 AM   #7
Balint
Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by VandaMan View Post
If you can't do well on your lock around level 45, you won't do well on it at 60 either.
Yes, it's true. What I don't like? All players will grind to 60. When the new lvl cap came everybody started to grind like hell, but why? Because to be somebody you have to reach the maximum level.

If somebody can't do well on 45 he won't do well on 60 eighter, but he will die fewer times, he will have more spells (e.g. mass dispell) and he will have the ability to be warmaster. So why he won't grind to 60 like the others? He will I'm sure. He won't stop.
Old 04-24-2011, 02:29 AM   #8
Kitsuni
Baron

Kitsuni is on a distinguished road

Some statistics:
- At level 55, you have 10 power points less than level 60
- At level 50, you have 20 power points less than level 60
- At level 45, you have 34 power points less than level 60
- At level 40, you have 44 power points less than level 60
- At level 30, you have 54 power points less than level 60

Thus a level 30 player has 10 less level 5 powers than a level 60, ignoring the fact that they can't even get level 5 powers. Now, from this we can extrapolate that a level 30 should be about 25 times weaker than a level 60, going by XP curve, however in reality the true power is quite different.

Power table:
- A level 30 has a power rating of about 56
- A level 40 has a power rating of about 91
- A level 45 has a power rating of about 132
- A level 50 has a power rating of about 250
- A level 55 has a power rating of about 550
- A level 60 has a power rating of about 600

(A level 30 player is only about 10.7 times weaker than a level 60 player, compared to time spent "grinding".)

Essentially, level 55s and 60s curbstomp everything else, but a level 50 can still pose a threat. Also, level 55 is at about 6 million XP, just above the old XP curve for level 50, which was the maximum level. We can thus deduce that, even though people have to level all over again, the current update has restored level 55s to the power of level 50s prior to the balance update that nerfed power points. Furthermore; you can get much farther (almost all the way to 50) for the same amount of experience that you would have to grind just for level 45 before.

Grinding sucks, but I'm sorry buddy - your argument is a moot point. Nothing has changed from the past, class-balance wise. If anything, some of the errors introduced during the power points update have been repaired. The real problems are the presence of Warmaster skills (which are unbalancing), and the steep XP curve to go from level 55-60, and the fact that many players simply do not want to level. However, level 55 really is enough, if you are prepared to have a bit of a challenge on your hands sometimes. And all of the level 50s in the past, which was almost the entire population, have proven that players can easily reach this level, its even easier than the old maximum level because those new mobs give more XP.

I hope someone finds this information useful.

Last edited by Kitsunie; 04-24-2011 at 02:40 AM. Reason: Some fixes to my numbers.
Kitsuni no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2011, 02:35 AM   #9
NSer
Banned

NSer is on a distinguished road

As suggested before (not in this topic) grp xp will be good reason make war not grind(i.e. if u get xp from mob:50 (+GRP100) from player of that lvl u should get 200(+GRP400)).
NSer no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2011, 02:35 AM   #10
VandaMan
Baron

VandaMan is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balint View Post
Yes, it's true. What I don't like? All players will grind to 60. When the new lvl cap came everybody started to grind like hell, but why? Because to be somebody you have to reach the maximum level.

If somebody can't do well on 45 he won't do well on 60 eighter, but he will die fewer times, he will have more spells (e.g. mass dispell) and he will have the ability to be warmaster. So why he won't grind to 60 like the others? He will I'm sure. He won't stop.
Nah, I won't grind to 60. I'm 52 right now on my lock, most of the last 2 levels being from war, and I find that I'm able to compete with any level 60 (except marksmen, but that's a different issue). I realize much of that is because I'm exceptionally good, but the point is that max level is not required to do well.
VandaMan no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote