This forum is closed for posting. Please, join us in our Discord server at discord.gg/regnum. See you there!

Go Back   Champions of Regnum > English > General discussion

General discussion Topics related to various aspects of Champions of Regnum

Old 08-28-2007, 05:40 AM   #1
warlcook
Pledge

warlcook is on a distinguished road
Default Syrtis: Who Doesn't want to die in a War Zone.

Hello! I'm from Syrtyis, and I'm compiling a list! Please let me know who from Syrtis does NOT want to die/be killed in a War Zone! I am consistantly hearing people complaining about how they were killed/ganged/camped/slaughtered/anialiated/raped/rippped appared/taken down/ in a war zone... while they were there, afk, active, on a bio, talking to friends, trying to rule the server, trying to do math homework..

This is a post where people from Syrtis can go ahead and let us know that they don't want to be killed because (XYZ reason) and we're behind them because hey it's all about being fair, not about what war would be like (lets not forget the Geneva Convention!!!).

I'm sure the other 2 realms are very concerned about your reason.. were here to listen!!
warlcook no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2007, 05:52 AM   #2
amade
Baron

amade is on a distinguished road

Good grief! No one wants to die in a warzone! Yesterday for reasons of my own I let someone from Ignis live even though I had brought down his hp-bar almost all the way down. The other day I let a Syrtian knight level in peace because when I hit him several times he didn't seem to care. But almost everyday I get ganged up upon during levelling, killed while afk or whatnot that may be considered unsporting. But I still don't think there should be rules to follow. Maybe some guidelines would work, but even then it's not something that should severely limit your freedom. People who care about playing fair will play fair but those who don't won't bother with what those who do have to say or what rules they'd like to be followed.

Sorry for the sharp tone of my post, but your thread title was really too much for me :P

FoV Clan Inventory Listing
amade no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2007, 06:13 AM   #3
DuoMaxwell
Master

DuoMaxwell is on a distinguished road

Let the list of targets be known lol. Seriously tho, while I hate being gate camped and killed while afk at the save or while I'm trading things to my Lv1 bank out at samal save as its in general just lame to do so, I'd never run to your spawn or gate to kill you, why would yo run to mine for any reason then being a lame ass?

But back to my point, this list will just make it that much easier for lamers to troll around and target you specifically.
DuoMaxwell no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2007, 06:54 AM   #4
ChadMC
Initiate

ChadMC is an unknown quantity at this point

Anyone who runs to a save is most likely going to end up dieing anyways. Unless it's a huge group camping save..

The ones who fight "unfairly" will end up paying for it later in war. So, the punishment is automatically done most of the time.

I hunt a lot with refetan. We kill basically anyone. It is rare for us to let someone live. We may even kill the same person multiple times if we run into him again, but we don't purposefully go after the same person over and over. Eventually a very large group of enemies will end up running us down, and the price has been paid. Also in war, many people will target us. Fine with me though, I deserve it. It is the price of hunting.
Old 08-28-2007, 06:59 AM   #5
bigjim
Baron

bigjim will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChadMC
Anyone who runs to a save is most likely going to end up dieing anyways. Unless it's a huge group camping save..

The ones who fight "unfairly" will end up paying for it later in war. So, the punishment is automatically done most of the time.

I hunt a lot with refetan. We kill basically anyone. It is rare for us to let someone live. We may even kill the same person multiple times if we run into him again, but we don't purposefully go after the same person over and over. Eventually a very large group of enemies will end up running us down, and the price has been paid. Also in war, many people will target us. Fine with me though, I deserve it. It is the price of hunting.
agreed, I fully expect to be sought after in full in war. Most hunters are targeted because they have killed or wreaked havoc on many when they were lower level. It is just natural that those players are going to want their revenge. I also get targeted a lot in war, so what I did was adjust my skills were it is very hard to kill me without a lot of group help. If I did not do this I would be dead very fast. Remember, there is always drawbacks to hunting people.
Old 08-28-2007, 07:41 AM   #6
daflear
Initiate

daflear is on a distinguished road

When do you guys get it!

IT IS A WARZONE! So if you dont wanna be killed, go to save realm!

Milk of Syrtis
daflear no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2007, 01:44 PM   #7
Angelwinged_Devil
Banned

Angelwinged_Devil is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by daflear
When do you guys get it!

IT IS A WARZONE! So if you dont wanna be killed, go to save realm!

Milk of Syrtis
o_O did you read the thread milk?

I saw some guy near our save who has been afk for 10 hours, I saw him dead 5 times and alive 5 times, killed by both mobs and some alsius doods.
Although who doesn't want to die ?
Angelwinged_Devil no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2007, 05:12 PM   #8
daflear
Initiate

daflear is on a distinguished road

Yes its right, noone wants to die. And to avoid this, just dont go afk in warzone or near aggro mobs. Then you dont have to whine here in forum. There are 1000 places which are good for going afk, explore them or just go back to realm. This will help you to stop dieing in warzone, believe me..
daflear no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2007, 07:29 PM   #9
warlcook
Pledge

warlcook is on a distinguished road

No no, to help out my realm m8s (that's an eight, but it sounds like ate so It's like 'mates'.. clever eh??), I'm making some new rules the other realms must abide by while attacking Syrtis.

If I'm standing in front of a tree and it looks like I'm talking to it, that means I'm not ready for battle, and you have to wait until I have finished my conversation. I'm from Syrtis, so we usually finish with a warm tree hugging. Don't be rude and interrupt.

The Great wall is now a safe spot. All of it. If I am touching our Great wall you may not attack me. If I bring my hand down to cast a spell or fire an arrow at you, you may attack me, but if I reach back over and touch the wall you have to cancel your cast.

If I'm kneeling down facing North, I'm probably praying, and that's just how we do it in Syrtis. Attacking us at this point will be viewed as religious persecution and is not permitted.

Now, to keep with the realism of these fictional times, you may not attack Syrtis with weapons made of metal. Only the short tall men can use dulled clubs as long as they're sharp in the handle, but that goes without saying usually. Also, barbarians are not allowed to roam off of the road ways in our realm so as to avoid trampling our grass.

4:00PM till 4:15PM in Syrtis is Tea time, and we will not abide by senseless violence during this period. To ensure each time zone is allowed their proper 4pm Tea, each hour for the first 15 minutes will be violence free on your part, but not, obviously, for us who, we have voted, shall be allowed to continue attacking other realm's members.

Attacking with equal or greater numbers has been ruled unfair, and unless you have a far smaller force made up of much lower level people, you really shouldn't be bothering us, and should just go to the opposite realm, as it will be easier on all parties involved who are us.

That being said, starting today we will allow you to raid our keeps but you will now have to do so in an orderly fashion to avoid injury. Please form a line starting at approx 200 meters out and rush in one at a time so as not to cause great amounts of lag. If manna re-gen becomes an issue we may ask you to push your 'e' keys so we can rest up a bit.

No killing any one in a robe while they are on the road. You really don't know how difficult it is to get the clay stains out of these dresses, and it just spoils our play experience.

On the subject of soiling our selves, attacking us from behind is just unfair and you shouldn't do it. Be sure to circle around to our front, being sure to keep your distance. Jumping and waving a little will aid in your visibility. Remember, if you are now north of us then we're probably praying.

Infractions of these official player made rules will be in direct violation of the EIEIOUCLA, and you run the risk of having your Screen Shot, right in front of you, and then we will drowned you in whine.
warlcook no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2007, 08:32 PM   #10
putkonen
Banned

putkonen can only hope to improve

edit: didnt read this topic good at first ;(
putkonen no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote