This forum is closed for posting. Please, join us in our Discord server at discord.gg/regnum. See you there!

Go Back   Champions of Regnum > English > General discussion

General discussion Topics related to various aspects of Champions of Regnum

Old 08-14-2011, 11:12 AM   #31
-Logan-
Banned

-Logan- is on a distinguished road

I don't think so.

The problem lies elsewhere, this is not the source. When people join Regnum they tend to join it for the RvR. If they don't know this then they have quests that tell them about it, because that is what the game revolves around.

I remember when I joined Regnum, there was still a realm chat in the warzone, but I didn't need to see it to know that people were there. I imagined and knew that there were probably people fighting beyond that wall, and obviously when you saw messages like "Fort has been captured by realm" you knew that was where the action was.

Regnum doesn't need to be any more of a PvE game.

Also: Triple post what the hell.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torcida View Post
x3
-Logan- no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2011, 06:13 PM   #32
HidraA
Banned

HidraA is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Logan- View Post
I don't think so.

I remember when I joined Regnum, there was still a realm chat in the warzone, but I didn't need to see it to know that people were there. I imagined and knew that there were probably people fighting beyond that wall, and obviously when you saw messages like "Fort has been captured by realm" you knew that was where the action was.

Regnum doesn't need to be any more of a PvE game.
I don't get the point with PvE anyway....

It's that was afraid about,for you it is easy now because you allardy eperienced the war zone ,clans,fights,old realm chat where ppl talk non-stop about enemys/trolling wtv...you know what is behind this silence.
Just go and make a new char and spend days and watch th realm chat...see how react or what kind of questions put new players.Don't think only for you...put you in they situation.
HidraA no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2011, 11:26 PM   #33
SPARTISH
Initiate

SPARTISH is on a distinguished road

TBH i think its just alsius chat is dead, i was on ignis horus for a couple of days and they have all sorts of random conversations O_O.
Plus syrtis is probably always talking about how they love justin beiber...
Old 08-14-2011, 11:58 PM   #34
Torcida
Banned

Torcida is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by _Nel_ View Post
Triple post!!

I thought you left Regnum, didnt you?

You should also stop to share with us all your shining lights about this game, that will save us from headaches.
I kinda left regnum but I still played regnum ''full-time'' about 14 days ago so... I don't think the game has changed alot since I left has it? And I still take a look now and then so don't you worry about me worry about getting headaches from your awesome gameplay ;p

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Kalid- View Post
+1

He/She is so annoying in forums.
Hmm why because you can't stand the fact that Alenox owns you in every aspect of life?

Last edited by Torcida; 08-15-2011 at 09:40 PM.
Torcida no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2011, 01:33 AM   #35
Awrath
Master

Awrath is on a distinguished road

This topic again .

Realm chat was removed for reasons discussed over numerous topics, and it should stay that way. I really don't see newcomers having any major issues when it comes to questing inner realm, for the most part, it's pretty easy, perhaps only needing help with the various bosses. This help however is easy to come by thanks to people collecting their WM coin rewards for the various quests.

I'm sure there will be moments when they cannot find any help inner realm, but I'm pretty certain that not completing the quest there and then is not the end of the world, they will live to see another day and eventually help will come by.

Last thing we need is the return of realm chat and open up this can of worms again.

I agree that there is a problem with the current population levels, but realm chat in the war zone is not the answer. New players will still find their way to the war zone. IMHO the underlying cause of the current low population in Horus is due to the various changes made by NGD starting with the WM "expansion". Hopefully these coming balance updates and altar reversion will address some of these issues and players will return to a game that's fun for them again.
Awrath no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2011, 08:56 AM   #36
HuntShot
Banned

HuntShot has a little shameless behaviour in the past

Quote:
Originally Posted by bois View Post
As Nel mentioned, you could have realm chat hotspots at the save and markets.
I like this idea most, just like the commerce chat works at the markets and when you leave the 'hotspot' for a certain amount of range the chat dissappears.
HuntShot no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2011, 09:32 AM   #37
standistortion
Master

standistortion is on a distinguished road

Quote:
As Nel mentioned, you could have realm chat hotspots at the save and markets.
+1 like that idea
standistortion no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2011, 11:13 AM   #38
Truewar
Master

Truewar is on a distinguished road

I have another suggestion.
There should be an option to enable\disable realm and commerce chat.

I play on Nemon and Commerce+Realm chat sometimes cause me problems in WZ. They take too much space on chats tab bar. So no space for PMs. I would disable commerce chat most of my play time. But sometimes it is necessary to control it. Why should I stay at market for it?

If you enable commerce chat you should get atleast 10-20 of last messages, but not clear window.

Truewar
The Knightmare
Truewar no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2011, 06:32 PM   #39
Kitsuni
Baron

Kitsuni is on a distinguished road

Taking away Realmchat was detrimental to the game. Yes, I said it.

Even in the early days of RA where its player count was like Horus (only 200-300 online at any given time), it still got heavily spammed with trades requests, people asking for help, insults, and everything else that you can think of. However, it was also heavily used to the benefit of the realm. "Donde hay guerra?", words that were the first thing every Regnum player typed as they logged in, and it lead to war... alot of war. Horus was different, unfortunately. It seemed to get all of the spam and none of the benefits, and I think alot of this is due to the player base changing over time. There is no denying that Horus has alot of young players, and some of them don't really know how to interact with other people properly. This leads to alot of drama and other problems for both players and NGD.

But my opinion remains. Stepping out of the warzone gate for the first time, not seeing that realm chat, knowing enemies could jump you at any time and that you had no way of finding allies unless you had a good clan or party.. It really sent shivers down your spine and added a whole new level to warzone gameplay... for the first few months. After that it just got boring, and stale. Repetitive running between locations just trying to find someone, never knowing if a fort is about to be taken or lost, always trailing behind the wargroups, hoping you have a horse or teleport or something to catch up before you miss all the action... quite frankly I think players have had enough of it.

To say that the bad things about realmchat are worse than all of that seems a bit much, but that's just how I see it. That said, I do like some of the alternative ideas suggested here... and I would love to see a compromise between the two extremes show up in the game some day. I just know that the way that this game slowly spiralled down to "boredom online" needs to be adjusted, perhaps even completely reverted. I wouldn't care if it's an 'in-your-face action FPS' again as chilko used to describe it back when it was "Quake" in the pre-invasions patches, I just want some good ol' fashioned fun.
Kitsuni no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote