This forum is closed for posting. Please, join us in our Discord server at discord.gg/regnum. See you there!

Go Back   Champions of Regnum > English > The Inn

The Inn A place to gather around and chat about almost any subject

Old 08-26-2018, 08:12 AM   #1
Dark-Void
Pledge

Dark-Void is on a distinguished road
Thumbs up Regnum Online :(

It was 2013 That i downloaded this game for the First Time. Leveling up was a Disaster but the helpful community, the New Clan founders who were looking for recruits, The regular players just starting a new character would make up for everything. I remember times where i spent tens of minutes looking at items in the auction Market. I remember the first time i got invited to a Hunt party and the First time i captured a Fort. Everything was so perfect. It was like a whole new world for me.
Never would i imagine that there would be a day that a game like this would lose players so drastically. I tried alot of other games but nothing came close to what it felt like in this game. The Facebook Realm group, the server group. It makes me really sad to see all this come to an end.

I witnessed a lot of things here even if it was Just a game. From Marriage of two players from Clans, break ups, Friendship, Quarrels, Rage Moments, and Lots of Memes, Bans for no reasons, Everyone always complaining. Some of it was really annoying at times but honestly i miss those moments more than anything now that its all gone.

I was never going to write this and don't know if there will be much readers, the admins even read it or not but You guys have made a great game. Don't ruin it. It may be too late but there is always a solution. Take idea from players and give them what they really want. I would love to start playing again if there would be a decent number of players and i'm sure there are hundreds like me who feel the same.

If we do have players like before i would like nothing more to play again you guys but if we don't it was a pleasure knowing everyone. Was a great honor to learn things from you all. I feel like i still remember everyone that i played with and don't know if you remember me or not but Thank you for Everything

Best Regards,
Nikesh
Hsekin
Dark Void

PS : Never really was a good Writer :/

Last edited by Dark-Void; 08-26-2018 at 07:09 PM.
Dark-Void no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2018, 05:18 PM   #2
CoolStrong21
Pledge

CoolStrong21 is on a distinguished road

Just... wow.
Old 08-26-2018, 06:50 PM   #3
Lebeau
Banned

Location: 'B-F-Egypt', Virginia, U.S.A. (please pity & forgive us poor american fools!).
Lebeau is on a distinguished road
Smile

A decade has came & went ... this game was very good, could have been one of the greats maybe, sadly lost any chance of that, but the various peoples of Regnum? ... they got 'er done, kept each other motivated, & this whole thing going right along, even when NGD was just marking time, or worse, moon-walking to nowhere we wanted or needed to go ... ah, the community here, the good, bad, ugly, & everything in between ... just by being here, & being you, this game became something uniquely special for so many of us, & far better than it reasonably had any right to be, all things considered. Like he said, "Thank you for Everything ".
Lebeau no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2018, 09:36 AM   #4
Roseythorns
Pledge

Roseythorns is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark-Void View Post
I tried alot of other games but nothing came close to what it felt like in this game.

I was never going to write this and don't know if there will be much readers, the admins even read it or not but You guys have made a great game. Don't ruin it. It may be too late but there is always a solution. Take idea from players and give them what they really want. I would love to start playing again if there would be a decent number of players and i'm sure there are hundreds like me who feel the same.
I've been here and there in this game. Played all three realms at one point or another.

The first time I logged in was 2010, I think, on the Raven server, when Serp was the head GM of... what company was that, anyway? Forsaken invited me into their guild, and then the merger happened (Raven + Horus. Disaster).

And when I logged into RA because Haven's population was down to 8 players on my friends list, and I saw that RA was where Haven had been five years prior. And, now, that trend has continued. RA is now about where Haven was several years ago. Every once in a while, a bunch of people log in. Invasions happen when nobody's home on the other side.

But I've taken time away from this game for over eight months. I've been playing GW2, and their World vs World mode is a lot of fun. It resembles CoR in many ways, but it's got, you know, players. And siege engines. And.. well... players. Strategy. Tactics. And... players. How did they do that? I dunno.

I like CoR. I really do. But without more players, it's just another game. The players make the game playable.
Roseythorns no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2018, 09:22 PM   #5
Lebeau
Banned

Location: 'B-F-Egypt', Virginia, U.S.A. (please pity & forgive us poor american fools!).
Lebeau is on a distinguished road
Exclamation

Ok, Rosey, just for you, bruh, one at a time...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roseythorns View Post
...was 2010, I think, on the Raven server, when Serp was the head GM of... what company was that, anyway?
FYI: (*=your answer)

NGD ran Ra, & Horus.
Gamigo AG leased Muspell, Niflheim, & Nemon.
UnitedGames leased Tyr.
GameSamba* leased Raven (2011?).
BoaCompra leased Piranha.

Muspel + Niflheim = Valhalla now.
Horus + Tyr + Raven + Nemon = Haven now.
Ra + Piranha = Ra now.

Quote:
...Forsaken invited me into their guild, and then the merger happened (Raven + Horus. Disaster)...
Yup, that is when multi-realming on Horus (now, Haven) went from being the gameplay exception, to being the rule instead, & the current way-of-things.

Quote:
...RA is now about where Haven was several years ago. Every once in a while, a bunch of people log in. Invasions happen when nobody's home on the other side...
Yup, & that is mostly due to two factors at play: 1) the aforementioned multirealming ofc, & 2) the simple fact that it takes at the very least 2-or-3 to 1 odds to successfully invade due to CoR's invasion mechanics.

Quote:
I've been playing GW2, and their World vs World mode is a lot of fun. It resembles CoR in many ways, but it's got, you know, players. And siege engines. And.. well... players. Strategy. Tactics. And... players. How did they do that? I dunno...
How? (I'm repeating what I've heard here) They have various pools of players. Over time, they rate these player pools as an entire realm by their gameplay skills/results. Periodically, they do reviews, & may shift one realm pool up to a 'better' server, or down to one that's 'worse'. Those that lose population, they bolster with those new players entering the game, or those requesting server transfers. This overall process in theory is designed to maintain a reasonably fair balance of both realm populations & realm competitiveness within each server.

Quote:
...I like CoR. I really do. But without more players, it's just another game. The players make the game playable.
Ditto ... yet the players can also make the game UNplayable

Last edited by Lebeau; 08-31-2018 at 09:34 PM.
Lebeau no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2019, 06:13 AM   #6
Ulti19
Master

Ulti19 will become famous soon enough

Indeed this is one of the most special games online for sure, a ton of memories
Old 01-16-2019, 08:48 AM   #7
Aver
Initiate

Aver is on a distinguished road

Raven opened on April, 2011. Serpie, Grunfi [never learnt his name] best old SGM from Game Samba. But don't be mad/sad because the game changed, life is like this. Nothing stays the same forever...
Aver no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2019, 12:16 AM   #8
_Enio_
Marquis

_Enio_ will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulti19 View Post
.. a ton of memories

Ulti

While at it.. Do you happen to have a pic of that one funny skit back then, the one with the bomb? Seems its gone from your Fanart thread :S
Old 02-03-2019, 11:40 PM   #9
Ulti19
Master

Ulti19 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by _Enio_ View Post
Ulti

While at it.. Do you happen to have a pic of that one funny skit back then, the one with the bomb? Seems its gone from your Fanart thread :S
Eniooooooooooooo ^^

I don't have any of those old pics sadly sorry...
EDIT * I found a bit of it when I checked again haha!, the captions are removed though because I wrote those on pc and never saved, sorry.

Hope you're doing awesome!!

*Have to be logged in to view for some reason

-page1 enio skit
-page 2 enio skit
-page 3 enio skit

Last edited by Ulti19; 02-04-2019 at 06:55 AM.
Ulti19 no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2019, 12:19 AM   #10
_Enio_
Marquis

_Enio_ will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulti19 View Post
Eniooooooooooooo ^^

I don't have any of those old pics sadly sorry...
EDIT * I found a bit of it when I checked again haha!, the captions are removed though because I wrote those on pc and never saved, sorry.

Hope you're doing awesome!!

*Have to be logged in to view for some reason

https://www.instagram.com/p/BtcG8o2lGHm/ -page1 enio skit
https://www.instagram.com/p/BtcG-X1FYby/ -page 2 enio skit
https://www.instagram.com/p/BtcHB--FZbs/ -page 3 enio skit

Thanks so much! Didn't show up here but i could see the links when i quoted your post!
I'm doing well. Kinda had to grow up 'n stuff. Work etc.
But it's goin wel, and i check back here often. Good memories. Will definitely check on RA when the transfers are on.