This forum is closed for posting. Please, join us in our Discord server at discord.gg/regnum. See you there!

Go Back   Champions of Regnum > English > General discussion

General discussion Topics related to various aspects of Champions of Regnum

Old 06-04-2013, 06:26 PM   #21
VandaMan
Baron

VandaMan is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising_Cold View Post
gear dependent.. a player with skills & bad gear vs a noob with the best gear around..
even bossgear which you should (legally) not able to get with real life money..

the skilled player will win 9/10 , the 10th fight is lost coz all his spells got resisted.. coz this is RO ^^
While it may be true that a complete noob with amazing gear will often lose to a really good player with shitty gear, that hardly means the game isn't gear dependent. Between players of close to equal skill with unequal gear, gear will almost always be the deciding factor, when resists are not. If we're factoring in boss gear, it can be almost impossible to win against someone with it, depending on subclass and whether or not the person with boss gear is afk/mentally handicapped.

As a hunter or marksman, fighting another hunter or marksman, it's not uncommon to come across an enemy whose normal hits do twice as much damage as yours do. I'm not saying it's impossible to win against that guy, but it's obvious that gear has a huge impact on that fight. For example, I think you can take a good guess how this fight ended just from the first hit:

The truth is that this game is heavily gear dependent (particularly so for archer subclasses), but not necessarily in a "pay to win" way.
VandaMan no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 02:33 AM   #22
fotomay
Initiate

fotomay is on a distinguished road

i also feel the game can be perceived to be dependent on gear, but not to such a degree as to amount to a pay to win condition.

i feel that ultimately :-
1) All boss items should be time limited and not permanent
2) All players should get to pick from an identical inventory of items
3) The random loot generator as promulgated by Diablo should be removed. This loot generator should be replaced by a large and carefully maintained database and inventory of game equipment created specifically by the devs.
fotomay no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote