This forum is closed for posting. Please, join us in our Discord server at discord.gg/regnum. See you there!

Go Back   Champions of Regnum > English > General discussion

General discussion Topics related to various aspects of Champions of Regnum

Old 12-30-2014, 07:08 PM   #1
Frosk
Banned

Frosk will become famous soon enough
Default Battlezones - Work in progress!

Hey everyone, great news!

We are working on the Battlezones to bring them back. But to do so, we need to rework a little bit their concept. As you may know, they were too big –which didn’t allow action to be fast enough– and too plain –causing ranged classes not to have tactical options–. This is why we’re taking a bit longer and we know about our promise, and that’s why we’re letting you know what is going on in the development process right now.

Hopefully you will find another speck of your infinite patience for it to be finished. It’s New Year and there’s enough spirit for it, isn’t it? Yes? We knew. You’re great!

So, where were we? Battlezones. Smaller map would do the trick. The quicker you find your opponents, the faster you get into action.

This map has the three spawning points for each realm and a very simple design. Concentric and easy to engage in contact with enemies. This solves the first problem. Surrounding paths which will allow surprise encounters and a big enough central open field to have those nice group battles. Take a look:

And to solve the second problem, ranged attacks, marked with the violet spots, we’ve put some natural outposts to lookout from a reasonable height for enemies and gain distance from melee classes in order to have a fair battle with them.

As you can see, the arrows show you the way a melee class should walk going up to the outpost letting ranged classes to play their tactics too. Of course, melee classes should play theirs too to make that distance have the less effect possible on them. You know, fair combat. And there’s more to it: those spots marked in brown depict how these outposts have blind spots in which the ranged class will not be able to overuse these outposts and melee classes can have their way to decide if they want to face this kind of encounters or not. And, let’s be clear: to avoid campers!

So, this is what we’re working on right now regarding to Battlezones. It’s important for us that you know because we promised and we take our word very seriously.
A lot of things are to come and even if we take a little longer, it’s for them to be what the game needs.

Best,
Frosk no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2014, 07:21 PM   #2
Loque
Master

Loque is on a distinguished road

Honestly I didn't read the whole description, but

Loque no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2014, 07:24 PM   #3
GALO ÉPICO
Banned

GALO ÉPICO is on a distinguished road

The Battlezone as it was had no problems, but it was the only block the lowest level input that 60 and can form groups to enter as is done in dragons.
Note: I liked the information.
GALO ÉPICO no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2014, 07:27 PM   #4
Hollow-Ichigo
Count

Hollow-Ichigo is on a distinguished road

In my opinion, the middle of the map, where you want there to be large battles, is too small. You are forcing ranged to be on top of the hills to survive. That isn't fun. The center should be bigger, so that ranged can adequately move around instead of pew-pewing at a range.

And before someone says "range shouldn't be getting close" or "they can do that with help". A melee doesn't need help to get up the hill. All they have to do is go to one of those blindspots, then wait for UM or defensive support to be CD, and the range have to retreat off the mountain, where they will be at a severe disadvantage because of the circumference. And everybody complains about marks pew-pew, so why would you want to further support this playstyle?

-Drew
Old 12-30-2014, 07:30 PM   #5
Sentan
Master

Sentan is on a distinguished road

wow! looks promising!

What with the balance of jewelry? Everyone knows that there is a problem with that During small fights it hurts even more

btw... It has to be a battlefield! Without the green grass. More blood and violence, pls!!!
Sentan no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2014, 07:34 PM   #6
Kopstoot
Apprentice

Kopstoot is on a distinguished road

Whoa i'm impressed. Good job. Doesnt it give a clear advantage to archers?

Edit: nvm, might work out
Kopstoot no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2014, 07:42 PM   #7
Hollow-Ichigo
Count

Hollow-Ichigo is on a distinguished road

Also, I'd like to note that, judging from the pictures, range cannot hit other range, which means that, if the map is to stay how it is, the only logical thing for range to do would be stay on the hills during a large fight, where the warriors and conjs are in the middle or close to it. The range would have no risk of dying.

-D
Old 12-30-2014, 07:43 PM   #8
Sentan
Master

Sentan is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollow-Ichigo View Post
The range would have no risk of dying.
That's why we have hunters?
Sentan no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2014, 08:14 PM   #9
mind-trick
Apprentice

mind-trick is on a distinguished road

I hope NGD doesnt give a damn how graphics look and how detailed objects are like they did in the past. tdm was tooo laggy for me back then. stop putting so much effort in that and we can get tdm sooner . also please bring back old graphics plss from 2010 :. game is too laggy
mind-trick no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2014, 08:20 PM   #10
schachteana
Master

schachteana is on a distinguished road

never change a running system. As far as I know, the old map was loved by both ranged and melee classes.
oh well.

good luck with your ideas anyway.

What about the rest? Limited access? Daily access? Server-across instances maybe :3? CTF-mode bugs? Hall of fame? Statues? Battle seasons? "Unique reward for each season winner"? Interference of RvR and TDM?
I don't want any answers, I just hope NGD hasn't forgotten about these

@bios if tdm was too laggy for you, you should consider flushing your graphic card down your local toilet
schachteana no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote