This forum is closed for posting. Please, join us in our Discord server at discord.gg/regnum. See you there!

Go Back   Champions of Regnum > English > General discussion

General discussion Topics related to various aspects of Champions of Regnum

Old 09-24-2010, 01:03 PM   #21
ncvr
Marquis

ncvr is on a distinguished road

Warlocks have superior CC, hell even barbs can pull superior CC. 10s knock, with 2 more knocks? Howl, deafening roar? Really?

Plus hunters can pull the same shit from stealth, without losing too much dmg from tear apart and break apart.

I know what you're talking about. Just because you don't know how to counter it does not make it OP.

Your glorified marks CC setup is just as outdated as the sniper setup. It is not new. If you use it, it does not make you a speshul snowflake in any way. It does not give you a massive, significant omgnerfop advantage over everyone else.
ncvr no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2010, 01:24 PM   #22
Raindance
Initiate

Raindance is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Necrovarus View Post

Your glorified marks CC setup is just as outdated as the sniper setup. It is not new. If you use it, it does not make you a speshul snowflake in any way. It does not give you a massive, significant omgnerfop advantage over everyone else.
I don't know why you went on talking about snowflakes. But I only said that marksmen are capable of having different setups that are actually more effective in both PvP and RvR now, rather than the sniper setup. If I offended you by saying out-dated then I am sorry.

Also, I won't be helping you in derailing this thread any longer. So have fun stating your elite opinions to the crowd.
Raindance no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2010, 01:32 PM   #23
ncvr
Marquis

ncvr is on a distinguished road

What you said was "marksmen are overpowered". They're not. Pretty simple.

Also, how is talking about a balance in a thread about balance derailing it?
ncvr no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2010, 02:33 PM   #24
neleh1
Pledge

neleh1 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Warlock
The sultar nerf was a bit over the top in my opinion, I'm no longer sure if it's worth skilling arcania to 19 for. The soul keeper change isn't too terrible, but I think it was completely unnecessary. I like the new frozen storm a lot, no matter how annoying it is.

The combination of the cast speed change, the sultar nerf, and the increase in armor of all classes has changed the role a warlock plays in war. It's now most effective to use single target DoT spells, with debuffs and crowd controls. Some people already preferred this style of play, but I would rather be dealing heavy damage and area damage. The new warlock role seems to be focused on pissing your enemies off more than killing them.
I tend to agree with this generally. Sultar has been reduced from a real threat to a mere nuisance. Something in between would have been better imo.

Single target DoT's seem to work alright but you have to stack them to see any real effect, something not easy to do during a heated battle.

Our direct damage spells took a nice whack from the nerf bat, with meteors regularly landing for 150, rarely above 550 with the rest of our DD's showing similar reductions in damage. I unloaded an entire mana bar on a willing Knight, appropriately buffed and never took his health below 50%. He, on the other hand, kicked me and killed me before I was able to get back to my feet.

Then there are the resists. Our damage spells have always been subject to random bouncing but with our role being changed to crowd control, (a job I do not want) the resists on crowd control spells is entirely too high. Ivy is resisted far too often and will domain is no longer in my line up. Freeze seems to have the highest chance of success, especially against a charging warrior. It doesn't hurt them but it does buy time to run away. As a lock, I don't want to run, I want to fight.

Areas. We have many and most of them combine some form of crowd control with damage-over-time, Sultars being one exception. I noticed after many days fighting in large numbers, that areas didn't seem to be doing any damage. So, I went to Forest Beach and located a concentration of mobs at approximately my level. I targeted a mob in the center of this cluster and lit Sultars, then I shot off a Twister, then came an Evendim's Fury and I finished this assault with a Frozen Storm.

About this time those mobs that had resisted were beating on me so I ran off to lose agro. I immediately ran back, expecting to see pure carnage. What I saw was shocking. There were no dead mobs, not one. The only mob showing any damage at all was the mob I had targeted and that damage came from Sultars. The other 3 DoT's did absolutely zero damage. Now, it may be that those spells aren't intended to damage non-players but my experience in the warzone matches exactly what happened on the beach.

In an email sent to me by NGD, it states that 'Barbarians, Warlocks and Marksmen will be able to inflict more damage.....'. My barbarian certainly does more damage. My Marksmen is too low level to make an assessment but my 50 Warlock definitely does not do more damage, or even equivalent pre-update damage.

Again, I agree with VandaMan's assessment that the Warlock class has been altered to perform crowd control or, pissing off the enemy. Fun....once or twice but not a role I want to play everyday.
neleh1 no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2010, 03:44 PM   #25
Hamster_of_sorrow
Self-called retired user

Hamster_of_sorrow is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Znurre View Post
warriors leading rushes etc. makes for really fun open field fights.
warriors rarely ever lead rushes because most of the time they just get picked off from range. but i can't complain because thats kind of the role of marksmen. to keep people from rushing by dealing damage when they come in range.

Last edited by Hamster_of_sorrow; 09-24-2010 at 03:45 PM. Reason: various typos
Hamster_of_sorrow no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2010, 07:40 PM   #26
Nekoko
Master

Nekoko is on a distinguished road

It'd be nice if sultar got back it's damage at least, the damage was never a problem and is less so of a problem after the update. I don't see any reason not to give it back.
Old 09-24-2010, 08:00 PM   #27
Znurre
Marquis

Znurre will become famous soon enoughZnurre will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hamster_of_sorrow View Post
warriors rarely ever lead rushes because most of the time they just get picked off from range. but i can't complain because thats kind of the role of marksmen. to keep people from rushing by dealing damage when they come in range.
This update creates a network effect, which I think is what NGD wants to achieve.
Conjurors' heals are %, meaning warriors will benefit from them the most, which in turn gives them the most heals whenever possible.
This puts more pressure on the warriors being the ones actually being in the front taking the damage.
Together with the increased protection, decreased overall damage, the improved healing abilities of conjurers and the nerf of sultars terror - warriors can now lead rushes, and their areas are invaluable as an opener whereas terror would be used before.

I think we'll start seeing the effects of this more as people start getting used to the changes.
Old 09-24-2010, 08:01 PM   #28
Minorian
Master

Minorian is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nekoko View Post
It'd be nice if sultar got back it's damage at least, the damage was never a problem and is less so of a problem after the update. I don't see any reason not to give it back.
I think its damage was a bit over board, Id like to see it halved for ALL targets from what it was pre 1.6.2

Before, if you had no buffs, it would easily hit 800-1000.
Minorian no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2010, 02:28 AM   #29
WhateverUSMC
Initiate

WhateverUSMC is on a distinguished road

Support Conjurer

Overall, I like the changes, especially not having to waste points in Staff Mastery just to get one spell (MC).

Not a huge fan of the 12% heal ally, but I can work with it.

Would have liked to have seen more self protection spells introduced, since a support conj (still) has the lifespan of a cheesecake on Kirstie Alleys' coffee table in any decent sized fight.

I skilled for the golem for funzies, and noticed that I wasn't able to directly heal it (not sure if that was a bug, or just the way things are, but since I don't roll with a summons, I don't care that much). Might make leveling new conjurers a bit harder.

Warlock

Again, I mostly like the changes.

The Sultar Terror change is kinda painful, but it also seems kind of cool now, since it gives warlock users a chance to get away from that spell and try new things.

It was on my warlock that the new skill point system was most noticable to me, since I like having some mental stuff just-in-case. I was able to make the transition without much trouble.

Barbarian

I really didn't know what I was doing with my barb before, and now, I know even less. I don't use that character that much, so I'd have to defer to those of you who use barbarians for any meaningful input.

Overall; not bad, at least to me. Then again, I don't play as much as I used to, so that's that.
Old 09-25-2010, 03:16 AM   #30
IgnisGlomp
Pledge

IgnisGlomp is on a distinguished road

Lower levels: I'm surprised more have not posted complaining. This update hurts lower level conjurers a ton.. I used to be able to be helpful on a 39 conjurer, now I barely seem useful at all :/

On a 37 hunter I used to be able to do a little bit of damage, maybe if it was only 50 or 100 on a slow bow of my level, now with any bow I do around 7 damage on unbuffed targets. Its around 4 with a slow/35 bow.
IgnisGlomp no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote