This forum is closed for posting. Please, join us in our Discord server at discord.gg/regnum. See you there!

Go Back   Champions of Regnum > English > General discussion

General discussion Topics related to various aspects of Champions of Regnum

Closed Thread

Old 09-13-2011, 03:06 PM   #221
Frosk
Banned

Frosk will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by bois View Post
I want the new castles. I tell you why. Once they get the foundations of those new structures in place and work out the bugs, they can then move on to other projects.

Forts are surely improved. While I do agree that you cannot hit from every point around the fort mindlessly, I like it. Oddly enough, I am not a fan of jump at all. I have no problem with others jumping, I just will not be doing it myself. So I left the jump feature unassigned. I play archer and I have been able to shoot and even kill targets from the wall in particular spots. This is without even using jump or perching on the edge of the wall as others might suggest.
As an archer I also like it because I have cover. In the old days you would get targeted, get hit and the only way was to go to stairs or jump off. Try jumping off wall now and you will see why it is better. I can duck in and out and still get shots off.
As a warrior, I am not spammed infinitely on my way to the fort by archers and mages. I will tell you that this was a very frustrating aspect of fort play for melee classes. I will get hit but significantly less and, as such enjoy approaching the door and playing melee vs melee without getting the Crap cc out of me from the wall. The forts have surely improved.

Now, my take is that the approach is covered by rangers with melee running the front lines as it should be. Range vs range and melee vs melee in the main.

Internally, I think rangers seem on the surface to have a disadvantage when they should have an advantage but, I think this may more be a side effect of Warmaster powers than the forts themselves. To nullify onrushing opponents it will really have to be a solid team effort of slows and areas/ CC. Because of Warmasters powers, those options are depreciated.

Castles will be very interesting. The key that determines it will be the relative strength of the doors and if the mechanics will allow epic fights that use the whole internal space when the doors are gone. The biggest fight should not be the doors, it should be the plaza inside.

NGD said multiple times they will revert the saves and explained the reasons behind the delay so no point harping on that any more. Just have patience. A few weeks wont kill us.
Exactly.

I can't really add much to this, since it explains pretty well how new forts are way better than the old ones.

Related to new castles, you also have a point when you say that battles should be more focused in the main hall inside every castle.

New castles aim to this, so taking over one of these structures will be subdivided in different "stages".
This could be pointed as, reaching the castle (the areas surrounding each castles will be drastically revamped in a way that the defending realm can organize and set ambush teams), reaching and breaking in, fighting and taking over the main hall of each castle, and finally, reaching the top of it and capture it with the classic "realm flag" system.

Anyway, not only castles will be improved.

Regards! And stay tuned for balance stage 2, since we'll be publishing it in the next days!
Frosk no ha iniciado sesión  
Old 09-13-2011, 04:32 PM   #222
isgandarli
Banned

isgandarli is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frosk View Post
Anyway, not only castles will be improved.
OMG!!! NGD gonna fix Imp beach mob names too?
isgandarli no ha iniciado sesión  
Old 09-13-2011, 04:40 PM   #223
bois
Count

bois will become famous soon enough

They might. I do think that Frosk may be hinting at some improvements to other features that are in the resource files that are loaded in the Dev server and being finished now.

Maybe terrain tweaks/enhancements and other bits and pieces that can be adjusted while those resource files are being worked on. Maybe even some work on the inner realm cities too. It would make sense to do that if time and resources permit.
bois no ha iniciado sesión  
Old 09-13-2011, 05:20 PM   #224
HidraA
Banned

HidraA is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Exactly.
Related to new castles, you also have a point when you say that battles should be more focused in the main hall inside every castle.
Stiil i don't like them :P,using jump to glich fort walls to be able to hit is stupid ,and you can fall.
And when action is moved inside fort,is by far better in old castles that on new forts.
When door is down in new forts mages/archers die in next 30 seconds......
wile in old castles i can keep them longer :P.
I never told jump is bad...but is not cool at all for me to try to glich wall to be able to hit ,and when i try i fall or usual "you are are out of range "...because walls are too hight.
I still keep keep my opinion related of experience of war that i had in last weeks and not on theorys ...in forum....:P
HidraA no ha iniciado sesión  
Old 09-13-2011, 07:18 PM   #225
_Enio_
Marquis

_Enio_ will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by HidraA View Post
using jump to glitch fort walls to be able to hit is stupid ,and you can fall.
Oh well, this is actually one thing adding to the skill cap of the game so i can only appreciate it And for me its alot of fun. While waiting on a fort now you always have sometjhing to do to improve (and to keep your conjs heals/rez on CD).

"FKING get these JUMPS right so you wont fall down into the barbs again!"

Looking forward to Stage 2 and the new Map update.
Old 09-13-2011, 07:29 PM   #226
Seher
Count

Seher is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by bois View Post
IAs a warrior, I am not spammed infinitely on my way to the fort by archers and mages. I will tell you that this was a very frustrating aspect of fort play for melee classes.
How's that? I as a short bow + dirty fight hunter actually enjoyed that part, as you were safe once you've arrived. Currently war focuses way too much on just the door, and that's annoying to me. Too much area spam.

Anyway, I suggest to continue this discussion separately as it's not that balance related.
http://regnumonlinegame.com/forum/sh...ad.php?t=81397

DISCORD!
Seher no ha iniciado sesión  
Old 09-14-2011, 07:48 AM   #227
NSer
Banned

NSer is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seher View Post
Too much area spam.
Erm.... the only true area spam was funny thing at old fort wars...... now it's quite hard to area walls (didn't tested FROM walls though) so less fun for me
NSer no ha iniciado sesión  
Old 09-14-2011, 03:44 PM   #228
sinpelos
Master

sinpelos is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Stage 2, if everything goes nice and smooth, should be published this week here in our official forum.

Regards!
frosk then i hope that everything goes nice and smooth, please tag this on spanish forum too and hurry up with stage 2!
sinpelos no ha iniciado sesión  
Old 09-14-2011, 06:07 PM   #229
Frosk
Banned

Frosk will become famous soon enough
Default Stage 1 finished.

Hi!

I'm closing this so the discussion can continue in the Stage 2 thread.

Regards!
Frosk no ha iniciado sesión  
Closed Thread