This forum is closed for posting. Please, join us in our Discord server at discord.gg/regnum. See you there!

Go Back   Champions of Regnum > English > General discussion

General discussion Topics related to various aspects of Champions of Regnum

View Poll Results: What would you like to be done with the Relic Block system?
Keep it as it is, without any modifications. 5 6.33%
Remove relic block. 57 72.15%
Modify Relic Block's time frame. 17 21.52%
Voters: 79. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 04-21-2014, 03:14 PM   #51
xayne
Banned

xayne is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by pieceofmeat View Post
Dynamic relic block would likely be abused so much, that people would want it removed within a week anyway.
If it used averages and only updated hourly it wouldn't be worth logging off to abuse.

Updated every 2 hours perhaps, if it were a problem. I don't see why anyone would chose to log out of the game for hours just so their relics lock.... >.>
I'd rather not play at all than risk losing fantasy game gems?

edit: I see they already said they don't want to do anything but remove or change timer. So fkn lazy as always. A dynamic lock that looks at population averages would be ideal really. but NGD has never been interested in what is ideal. Always with the duct tape fixes, and then wonder why they have such a mess to deal with in the future.
xayne no ha iniciado sesión  
Old 04-21-2014, 08:31 PM   #52
errei
Banned

errei is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Dynamic relic block would likely be abused so much, that people would want it removed within a week anyway.
this. The lack of criteria behind a dynamic block could open posibilities of abuses or unfair situations. I mean, we dont want to stop invasions to happen. We want to prevent multiple and frequent 1-sized invasions to happen.

One thing is "You cant invade now. Your realm has invaded (random here) 7 times this week". Other completly different thing is "the enemy has 1/5 of your number, but you cant do shit about this".

Make a system which will affect the realm who really invades out of control, every day/night. You dont want to do a criteria which will block a weak realm who finnaly gets a shot.
errei no ha iniciado sesión  
Old 04-22-2014, 03:36 PM   #53
Adrian
NGD·Studios

Adrian will become famous soon enoughAdrian will become famous soon enough

As an update in how this topic is being handled, we replied to a question in the Spanish forum. Here is what we said:

We have no specific date for a change yet, but we were already discussing about what to do. During this week we will decide and this Friday announce something.

Removing the block or modifying it is an easy task, but what is more delicate is the consequences of doing that. We're focusing on what to do to avoid new problems and abuses from happening.

Keep on discussing and stay tuned!
Adrian no ha iniciado sesión  
Old 04-24-2014, 07:43 AM   #54
leafdale
Apprentice

leafdale is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adrian View Post
As an update in how this topic is being handled, we replied to a question in the Spanish forum. Here is what we said:

We have no specific date for a change yet, but we were already discussing about what to do. During this week we will decide and this Friday announce something.

Removing the block or modifying it is an easy task, but what is more delicate is the consequences of doing that. We're focusing on what to do to avoid new problems and abuses from happening.

Keep on discussing and stay tuned!

hi Adrian

One thing i would like to suggest is to present the relic block change as a Game Mode version. I noticed in many mobas that what they do is have many different formats for pvp instances. So maybe Regnum can tell its players beforehand that one particular style of Relic Block is one particular game RvR mode.

Then later on as seasons change, you can change game modes and relic block styles, maybe using the boat invasion version, or the old style version without dragons or whatever. This is a way to test versions while keeping things lively and interesting for players.

(i enjoyed boat invasions, non-dragon invasions, dragon invasions, etc invasions, spider plague, etc relic block invasions also. i like variety)
leafdale no ha iniciado sesión  
Old 04-24-2014, 09:33 AM   #55
ieti
Count

ieti is on a distinguished road

Relic block was a dirty workaround of the whole problem. Dragons on gates too.

Whole invasions idea is flawed and number dependent. Usually invasions happen in "dead" hours, so there is noyone or less defenders. Instead of really fix the problems alot workarounds was added.

- Dragon on gate is a mistake - idea was to stop third realm joining in - in reality it lowers possibility to defend gate properly. At least lower damage in par with other dragons, so we do not get instakills. Better is to remove dragons for smaller servers. 25k Stomp, 15k blaze/fireballs, 10k normals is really really absurd damages even for knights.

- Mounting relic on horse. Breaks the CTF idea and actually removes the fun of catching and defending relic.

- There is no visual feedback when relic cage is open. Add same feedback as fort capture, but for relic - "! Samal relic is open !" in realm chat will help alot.

- Restrict draconic gem as 1 per realm. If second is achieved - first is removed.

- Restrict possibility to make several invasions and wishes - as bois proposed invasion cooldown period.
Old 04-24-2014, 02:11 PM   #56
pieceofmeat
Master

pieceofmeat is on a distinguished road

CoR RvR: bring as many conjurers and knights as possible, its a good chance that you dont have to fight much at all, but you may actually end up boring some of your opponents to death.
pieceofmeat no ha iniciado sesión  
Old 04-24-2014, 02:14 PM   #57
Slartibartfast
Master

Slartibartfast is on a distinguished road

Quote:
CoR RvR: bring as many conjurers and knights as possible, its a good chance that you dont have to fight much at all, but you may actually bore some of your opponents to death.
^^ This. Lately we experience such enemy zergs. Situation is even more screwed since NGD introduced a bug which allows knight to dispell darkness, which renders darkness unusable if any knight nearby.
Old 04-25-2014, 01:45 AM   #58
Thallium
Pledge

Thallium is on a distinguished road

Kind of off topic:

It seems to me that relics should hold some other purpose than opening the gate and summoning a dragon. Just let invasions happen at anytime and let the relics give realms useful (but not combat) advantages. There are a lot of creative options there: the number and type of relics at each castle could give many different bonuses. You could still recycle the dragon summoning code as one of the bonuses. This would remove the zerg requirement to invasions and maybe make the game a bit more dynamic.
Thallium no ha iniciado sesión  
Old 04-25-2014, 09:14 PM   #59
Adrian
NGD·Studios

Adrian will become famous soon enoughAdrian will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by ieti View Post
- There is no visual feedback when relic cage is open. Add same feedback as fort capture, but for relic - "! Samal relic is open !" in realm chat will help alot.
Visual feedback will be something we will be focusing on too.

Many of the ideas posted here were discussed. As a first step, we're trying to apply dynamic restrictions. Specially related to population. We believe that this will come handy for a lot of other features and Invasions shouldn't be "on" or "off", but they should have diverse options (noble and portal, for now) and of those, some may be available all the time and others not.

We're still checking what can be done. As I said, it's a step towards the solution. It's better to focus on investigation before implementation.
Adrian no ha iniciado sesión  
Old 04-26-2014, 05:23 PM   #60
Cresto008
Initiate

Cresto008 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adrian View Post
As an update in how this topic is being handled, we replied to [URL="http://www.championsofregnum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=102357"] During this week we will decide and this Friday announce something.
Friday has passed on and it is Saturday already. I had many expectations when you took over, Adrian. I hoped for timely actions and quick and dynamic plans.
Cresto008 no ha iniciado sesión  
Closed Thread