This forum is closed for posting. Please, join us in our Discord server at discord.gg/regnum. See you there!

Go Back   Champions of Regnum > English > General discussion

General discussion Topics related to various aspects of Champions of Regnum

Closed Thread

Old 09-04-2010, 07:24 AM   #21
Amene_Muspell
Pledge

Amene_Muspell is on a distinguished road

Things mostly on my heart as a support conjurer are:

- Heal Ally
Should be instant cast and maybe cooldown reduced to 4 seconds.

- Live Savior
Should heal more like 40% instead of 60% with a cooldown of ~30sec and lower cast time.
I would also very much like to have a 25 range heal spell, this should be it.

Other things are less important/require code changes, but these two spells need adjustemds in my opinion.
Amene_Muspell no ha iniciado sesión  
Old 09-04-2010, 08:04 AM   #22
Pnarpa
Master

Pnarpa is on a distinguished road

In my opinion, not much has changed for a support conjurer. If anything, some problems have worsened.

Nothing has been done about confuse.

We are unable to decently support other players.
  1. Life savior shouldn't be called life savior. A 3 second casting time takes far too long.
  2. It's a waste of mana to heal archers and mages. And you have to focus more on 1 player at a time.
  3. Divine healing is a joke with its current cd.
  4. Greater healing is too hard to launch, because at the end of the cast everyone already ran away from the caster
  5. Mass ressurection: too costly, not enough hp, ...

Support spells still puts us in offensive mode.

Our mana issues have gotten worse. Sure, we get all these new spells and all. Thank you for that. But the mana cost of these spells are just over the top. (Heal ally for example now costs more than before...)

What does intelligence actually do?...
Pnarpa no ha iniciado sesión  
Old 09-04-2010, 08:55 AM   #23
Myxir
Count

Myxir is on a distinguished road

What I already wrote in the former stage:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Myxir
Either the Conjurer needs a bigger mana pool in general or even higher regeneration additionally to the mentioned above.
You say we have tools to steel and regenerate mana. Yes we have, are they useful? No.
After the nerf of energy borrow you have to skill it quite high to receive a decent amount of mana. It's not worth at all putting skill points into it.
Mana Communion got reduced too in the past. Since then it almost does not help the conjurer itself. It costs 600 mana and regenerates 15 on 5. This is way too slow to be an efficient mana regeneration for the caster. Also the conjurer has always to make sure that Ambitious sacrifice is always casted in the right moment. It's already now like this. A bit extremely but you can say that the cooldown period of sacrifice is one "support round". If you cast it the wrong moment you will have mana trouble and almost a complete round or a big part of it is screwed.
The mana problems on the conjurer were also increased by the following during the balance update:
The conjurer got some new awesome and powerful spells but they have ALL allhigh mana costs.

Live saviour 360 mana on 4 (again, shorter cast time please, it's not a life saver atm)
Greater regeneration 480 mana on 5
greater healing 460 mana on 5
Mass ressurection 800(!) on 5 (I'm not sure if I will keep it with the 50% chance. 70-80% on 5 and 1,5-2x cooldown would be better, imo and it revives with 100-200 hp. LOL)
and of course the already mentioned mana communion with 600 mana...

This won't work with the current mana situation. Don't get me wrong, I don't want to be able to cast all the mentioned spells above at once. Even if I spread them over a certain time it will be far from efficient casting.
A way to work around this is to give Mages a better modifier for intelligence to have a bigger mana pool and more regeneration. AND remove the auto combat mode from support spells please!
Additionally there were a lot of important suggestions in the old stage, especially concerning live saviour.

Hm, maybe there was too much "nerf" on the Hunter We'll see how I can adopt to that

Edit:
2010-09-04-110038_1280x1024_scrot.jpg
Are you serious with that? One hit kills?

Last edited by Myxir; 09-04-2010 at 09:07 AM.
Myxir no ha iniciado sesión  
Old 09-04-2010, 09:30 AM   #24
AntibioTsu
Initiate

AntibioTsu is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blaa View Post
In my opinion, not much has changed for a support conjurer. If anything, some problems have worsened.

Nothing has been done about confuse.

We are unable to decently support other players.
  1. Life savior shouldn't be called life savior. A 3 second casting time takes far too long.
  2. It's a waste of mana to heal archers and mages. And you have to focus more on 1 player at a time.
  3. Divine healing is a joke with its current cd.
  4. Greater healing is too hard to launch, because at the end of the cast everyone already ran away from the caster
  5. Mass ressurection: too costly, not enough hp, ...

Support spells still puts us in offensive mode.
And dont forget Steel Skin got nerfed and Tremor disapeared; That's one less defense for the conjurer and one less emergency crowd control.
Old 09-04-2010, 11:27 AM   #25
HidraA
Banned

HidraA is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shining-Scias View Post

** Conclusion

I think that overall, the new balance update will be great because it will solve a lot of issues and imbalances. It's nice also to see that you focused on some broken classes like knights and melee in general, but I think some additionnal work could have been done towards Marks and Conjurers.
-I am agree with Scias at this point....

Anyway:

-i like new knight class,
-i like new warlock class,
-hunters hmm(duno yet...this need lots of test on live server o real situations not on amun),
-barbarian not tested one ...
-marksman still boring class..not very dynamical,now is slowest like ever,(because removed escapist,useless mobility,removed speed from SOTW not much dmg because of dmg nerf)can't play him on plain combat only use on fort combat and replacing NPC guards ...
-conj...i feel like is incomplete class.

Useless spells(my opinion):
-precise block(dont see what for if you are not able to move to use this..is like sanctuary for 5 sec but you can not move...wtv)
-mass resurect(800 mana for 50% chance to try to resurect ?...no tnx...i tryed mind squasher and i know will work very rare..due your RNG)..and with 100hp?..lololol..what for then?...to ofer more rps to enemys maybe?
HidraA no ha iniciado sesión  
Old 09-04-2010, 11:55 AM   #26
Altara
Apprentice

Altara will become famous soon enough

I cant say I like the new UM and fulminating is almost useless.
If you wanted versatility, you wouldn't have taken away level one powers, or at least, given everyone more power points.
Mana is still an issue especially for conjus. Along with damage being messed up, and lots of one hit kills.
Brighter side, the new summons look amazing.
Knight class has been given a great upgrade too.
Old 09-04-2010, 11:55 AM   #27
doppelapfel
Baron

doppelapfel is on a distinguished road

Knights:
Are great now in my eyes. Protect ally needs instant cast but beside that i love all changes, especially new ds, grinding and war are much better now.

Barbarians:
Great with a medium weapon now. High dmg, better mana regeeration, more fun at all and faster grinding. Very slow weapons were only usefull for areaspells or attack spells with more than 100% weapon dmg when i tested, ive got to see in real war whether they are still worth anything.

Warlocks:
Well balanced with new cs system and gcd. Mind push and slow are too strong now imo.

Conjus:
Hmm i would prefer fixed and % heal at once in the spell (for low lvls) and they definitly need any good mana spell beside sacrifice (what i suggested anywhere: passiv in life tree at 17 +20/40/60/80/100% mana regeneration). With less mana problems conjus would be a lot fun.

Marks:
Extra range is good, marks are still fun but i think they need some more work. Dead eye is crap.

Hunters:
Looks good in theory, lets wait for war on the live servers and see.

Edit: DoTs are overpowered now, fe serpent bite, ice blast, twister, sultars mass and lightning.
doppelapfel no ha iniciado sesión  
Old 09-04-2010, 12:00 PM   #28
UmarilsStillHere
Marquis

UmarilsStillHere will become famous soon enough

Barbs:

Fulm is pretty pointless, as I said before its basically a single target 1 hit damage spell like SC, or Beast attack, but a buff instead of a spell so less convenient.

Um havent tested properly in war, we will see.

There needs to be more balance between wep speeds, Faster ones are better in almost all situations (there are not enough interesting 100% damage spells to make slower weps that great, and you get less CC spells) which is rather annoying for barbs who have spent ages trying to get good slower weps and unless new weps are added basically kills off the blunt and peirce trees (again!) as the only med weps available are slashing, and its not like we need yet more slash based barbs.

How well we fit with other class's in war needs more testing on live servers, this may be the 'Final stage' but dont relax yet as I would guess quite a bit still needs tweaking.
Old 09-04-2010, 12:43 PM   #29
PT_DaAr_PT
Baron

PT_DaAr_PT is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myxir View Post
Edit:
Attachment 30897
Are you serious with that? One hit kills?
It was already suggested in an other thread, Cold Blood and Fulmination should work like Thirst for Blood, the damage bonus should only apply for the first 3 normal hits, so damaging spells like South Cross/Ensnaring Arrow wouldn't deal alot of damage.

I so miss Spring on my knight. :/
Now only Barbarians can outrun hunters. (25% speed vs. 17% speed)
Old 09-04-2010, 12:46 PM   #30
Kaixo
Count

Kaixo is on a distinguished road

My main classes:
Hunter:
The only good thing done was to reduce speed. The pet dies, is as useless as before in a war. Now is also useless if you want to use camouflage. The problem of the combo camouflage, ambush, confuse was mainly in confuse, confuse remains the same or worse because there are more buffs and less auras.

Support Conjurer
The skill that fucks this class (Confuse) is still worse, it's the same problem but now we have less auras that could let you support your allies under the effects of confuse.
Now you heal less unless you use more points in other new skills, good for specialization, but mana costs are skyrocketing.
Casting time of some new spells is too high.
I have to test the new damages, but it's curious how some skills of defense like force barrier and steel skin were nerfed according to some damage-defense values and those values changed in later stages. Now it seems a warlock has better armor.
I can only say there will be one less support conjurer for Ignis in RA.

Barbarian
People of other classes complained about the high damages and a lot of barbarians complained of playability, mana costs and defense.
Now we have more buffs, more mana cost, and better mana regeneration.
We can do more damage than before if we immobilize, knock or stun the opponent. We can do 2.5k-3k hits.
Defense is the same or worse, because the main defensive skill was reduced to 10sec.

PD: Fix Confuse. Really, I don't understand a skill that invalidates 70% of the powers in a game (which is mainly based in non damage powers), last 35 sec, recharges in 1 min, mana cost is low, range 25 and it ruins an important class.

Last edited by Kaixo; 09-04-2010 at 01:24 PM.
Kaixo no ha iniciado sesión  
Closed Thread