This forum is closed for posting. Please, join us in our Discord server at discord.gg/regnum. See you there!

Go Back   Champions of Regnum > English > General discussion

General discussion Topics related to various aspects of Champions of Regnum

Closed Thread

Old 07-27-2009, 07:51 PM   #1
Myxir
Count

Myxir is on a distinguished road
Default Announcing Server Shutdowns/Hotfixes

Hello NGD,
I hope I won't start a new way of flaming against you with this thread. But I have one simple question:
Why don't you announce planned server shutdowns or hotfixes to us?
Gamigo always announces them on their page and also gives content information about it, may it be just half an hour before... but at least they do. So you told them you plan a hotfix.

What's so hard about telling us? Just drop 2 lines on your page/forum, that's it. Is that your vision of more professional behaviour?
Your dev ressources may be limited but that's really no way to treat your costumers by shutting down the servers.

Regards,
Myxir
Old 07-27-2009, 08:02 PM   #2
Knekelvoeste
Initiate

Knekelvoeste is on a distinguished road

It surprises me although the server will shut down in 900 secs thats 15 minutes, No problem with that. At least u hace some time to finish ur stuff.
Although an announcement the same day isnt wrong either...
Knekelvoeste no ha iniciado sesión  
Old 07-27-2009, 08:33 PM   #3
mute
Master

mute is on a distinguished road

Well, I think they couldn't announce it, cause Kailer has too much to work at the moment.

Also it was a short downtime...
Old 07-27-2009, 10:27 PM   #4
niclam
Legend

niclam will become famous soon enough

Hello,

This wasn't a planned update, we simply found a serious error, fixed it and decided to apply a quick patch. We also gave a 15 minutes grace to those who were playing (more than enough to disconnect and allow your character to be saved correctly).

This also required a single restart which usually takes a couple of minutes, so in the case that you weren't playing, you just could be affected if you started the game in those two minutes.

Regards

P.S.: Let's not confuse quick patches with emergency patches, that is, those that force us to do a server restart immediately.
Old 07-28-2009, 12:35 AM   #5
Onteron
Initiate

Onteron is on a distinguished road

But how are people supposed to know it's just a very quick patch if you don't tell them? NGD's record on communication with the English community hasn't exactly been good recently. There was no announcement that 1.0.7 was being delayed a week, when there was on Gamigo. There was also no announcement on these forums or on the game launcher regarding the 1.0.7 hotfix.

If Gamigo can manage to put up a thread i don't see why we can't have some notice here.
Old 07-28-2009, 01:38 AM   #6
niclam
Legend

niclam will become famous soon enough

Your comment has been duly noted as well as the previous 100 messages about that.
As I said, it was a two minutes server restart with a 15 minutes grace with an automated on-screen message.

Regarding big patches and how they are informed, let's please discuss that on the next version and then, you are more than welcome to debate about how can we improve our official channels in case we don't communicate it properly.

Im locking this thread to avoid this turning into yet another flaming debate.
Regards