This forum is closed for posting. Please, join us in our Discord server at discord.gg/regnum. See you there!

Go Back   Champions of Regnum > English > General discussion

General discussion Topics related to various aspects of Champions of Regnum

Old 12-02-2010, 02:24 PM   #31
fritsz
Apprentice

fritsz is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Altara View Post
From what I understand about gate guards, and what Ive always kept in mind when invading or when being invaded.
When Syrtis is invaded, say they have one boss guard. That means in the whole realm, people grinding, people hunting, people on alts w.e. it means Syrtis has maybe 10 less then the invading team.

The boss guards are supposed to help underpopulated realms fight back. Some say they do it poorly, but I doubt they are supposed to be super bosses and stop the entire army. When I read replies like these: U ONLI INFATE AT NITE!!!1!!!
It makes me sad, because people forget to look at themselves before others. I have invaded at night in my time zone. Syrtis has had either one or no boss guard. So before blaming the other realm. Look at your realm mates who didn't show up.
Well, maybe it is this way but i dont think so let me explain why.
1. I dont think there is anyone in syrtis that will stay on there low lvl alt when gates are in danger, i heard there were around 12-13 syrtis to defend the gate vs 37 iggies on track (because of many rocks in west wall forest there could be more) say that there are 5-6 players in both realms who aren't there because they are lvl 1-10 so that makes 20syrtis vs 45 ignis. And what i heard is that we didnt get GC's or little guards.

2. Last time we invaded ignis (and managed to destroy the gate) there where 47 ignis at the track. We had about 70 maybe some more maybe some less but at least it was close to that. Say there are 5-6 players on both low lvl side of the realm (lvl1-10) so it was like 80 vs 55. I hope you agree with me till now.
Ignis had 3-4GC's (cant remember but i think it was 3) and about 12-15 little guards.

3. When we succesfully invaded alsius a few weeks ago There where 20 maybe 25 goats vs again around 70 syrtis. Same calculation again, 5-6 low lvl players makes 75 vs 28. I remember that i saw 2GC's and 9-10 little guards.

Because of this i dont think its about people who are online, i think its about the whole realm population.
Ignis got underpopulated xp bonus atm (at least i thought) and it changed sometimes to alsius. Maybe that is why Ignis got so many guards at there gate, even more then alsius when ignis gets a zerg thats twice as big as the alsius zerg to defend.

Sorry for my bad english, i hope you understood what i said;D
fritsz no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2010, 09:23 PM   #32
Topogigio_BR
Baron

Topogigio_BR is on a distinguished road

I believe that instead of meeles gc we could have ranged gc, like the ones that are at altars, and i agree number of gc should be proportional to total server population against realm population, meaning if total server population is 100 and a realm has only 20 when being invaded guads and gcs should be enough to make things the same at both sides, giving 13 (guards+gc) to realm invaded.
Topogigio_BR no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2010, 09:28 PM   #33
Minorian
Master

Minorian is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gallus View Post
I believe that instead of meeles gc we could have ranged gc, like the ones that are at altars,
O.o so on a 70-30 basis, bout 4-5 would spawn (in theory) and those 4-5 would definitely shoot the shit out of the attacking force. All youd have to do is buff and heal those gcs, spam ons and owth on them, and maybe add some supporting marksmen fire or lock ccs.
Minorian no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2010, 01:24 AM   #34
Topogigio_BR
Baron

Topogigio_BR is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Need_More_Invasions View Post
O.o so on a 70-30 basis, bout 4-5 would spawn (in theory) and those 4-5 would definitely shoot the shit out of the attacking force. All youd have to do is buff and heal those gcs, spam ons and owth on them, and maybe add some supporting marksmen fire or lock ccs.
So it dont need to be like the one in altars, just a little more than the one in forts, maybe lvl51 or 52.
Topogigio_BR no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2010, 01:28 AM   #35
Minorian
Master

Minorian is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gallus View Post
So it dont need to be like the one in altars, just a little more than the one in forts, maybe lvl51 or 52.
No you misunderstood me, I love it
Minorian no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2010, 01:36 AM   #36
Godot
Apprentice

Godot is on a distinguished road

Every invasion staged by Alsius or Syrtis; we have had 0
Mudkip Guards... how do you explain that ?
Ignis shouldn't be singled out this way , where is the outrage?
Old 12-04-2010, 09:31 AM   #37
Mikan
Baron

Mikan has a spectacular aura aboutMikan has a spectacular aura about

Gate guards are retarded anyway and don't really do much to help, instead NGD should've made a constant stream of guards coming from the closest inner-realm save altar, similar to players, with abilities and limitations similar to players. If the gate is already clear but still in danger, those guards should partrol the gate area and possibly help with taking back the castle.

I don't really understand why something like this isn't implemented, your entire realm is in danger of being invaded and the only help you get is maybe ten guards at most. I'm all for suspension of disbelief but that's just pressing it too far, just like how the guards in the cities just stay there and smoke pot while the realm is being invaded and everyone being killed.

The ultra-respawning stock gate guards should also be removed, and the teleporter made vulnerable again.
Mikan no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2010, 03:15 AM   #38
Malik2
Initiate

Malik2 is on a distinguished road

I could never figure out how those guards were calculated, to me has always seemed completey bizzare and not random but completely unreliable to try to figure out how many you would get.

As for their usefullness, they are completely usless. As was stated before, they are too far from the gate to be any help at all. Over 6 months we tried to use them one way or another, following them into battle, healing them, fighting with them. Nothing works. The worse is when they run toward the enemy, the PCs engage and they run back toward the gate while you die. Moving them close to the gate would help and have them respawn like a castle guard. As it is they are an annoying joke.