This forum is closed for posting. Please, join us in our Discord server at discord.gg/regnum. See you there!

Go Back   Champions of Regnum > English > General discussion

General discussion Topics related to various aspects of Champions of Regnum

Old 12-12-2017, 10:59 PM   #21
Dedric Fox
Banned

Dedric Fox is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adrian View Post

TL;DR: We are not being effective because money doesn't allow that when a lot of problems arise. And the forums are a useful tool that need a wide look at the big picture and a good deal of analysis for a thread to be useful and most of all, directed at the game and not to US. Giving feedback is not that easy and no one should take for granted that it was provided.
But ofc. Who would put money into a f2p game that's hanging on by strand of a thread lmao. I'm not here to bash, but seeing that about needing people that's familiar with NG3D just proves the statements about NGD not understanding their own code or their code being so jacked and repeatedly raped, no one can understand it. Would like to say I wish the best for this company... but nehreally
Dedric Fox no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2017, 11:22 PM   #22
Pery3000
Master

Pery3000 is on a distinguished road

Quote:

And lastly, people that don't care, that are "retired" and yet post here and all of the similar cases: just leave the forums. Some users even believe we have something against them. NO. This is a tool that not a lot know how to use. We don't need people that need to be right or wrong. We need well thought feedback. Just that. And that comes only when good intentions are the main premise.
If you actually read my signature it would say retired FROM >>>Haven. I had to switch to Ra just to get action on my American nights. Since Haven has always been non-priority.(DEAD FOR ME) I've been giving feedback for years. Such as letting the players actually test out a new update before it goes live to avoid situations. Example~ Outrage from stats added to Champion gear. Wanted a reason to why my posts were gone and got a ban warning. Thats some great communication from a company. I still "want" to believe in you guys because this is where I met my good friends. But after years of frustration its getting harder and harder. I've said what I wanted to say.
Old 12-13-2017, 06:56 AM   #23
rossi
Initiate

rossi is on a distinguished road

I feel you, Adrian; all the good vibes for you and your team.
Old 12-13-2017, 03:23 PM   #24
Adrian
NGD·Studios

Adrian will become famous soon enoughAdrian will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by mind-trick View Post
I still feel like this game can be saved, because it doesnt suffer from powercreep and at least didnt go p2w like most other mmo's (that are dead by now) do.
And that's why I keep on going. Maybe not save some players and maybe not as well one that can compete but yes a game that what it offers, works. That would be a first step and yes, of course the game should be ready now (eternal beta bashing) and many other things. If I focused on that, we should've already given up. There were many errors in the past and in the present but the game is slowly getting to be functional (which DOESN'T mean in a good state, please).

Quote:
Actually it appears to me that NG3D is not a popular engine so i suppose that makes it harder
Thank you. That's exactly the problem. It's not that we don't understand our code. Some things need even a revamp to do what we need them to do and that's not a choice right now. Other games just get updated from third parties to their engines and et voilà.

Quote:
And for the record, i only mentioned these latest updates to show what youre capable of as a small team. Like i said before, these just didnt have a big enough impact
Yes, in my opinion the greatest achievement was the Soul Monger, but it needs some rework in the gameplay and art and also a better reward strategy to put it back again on a regular basis. I'd love to start with that but right now we have to focus on so many other things. All of them have the same priority: that's the problem. Everything would be needed now and is as important as the other things too. That drives you crazy, believe me.
Old 12-13-2017, 03:23 PM   #25
Adrian
NGD·Studios

Quote:
Originally Posted by rossi View Post
I feel you, Adrian; all the good vibes for you and your team.
Thank you! Vibes sent!
Old 12-13-2017, 08:25 PM   #26
Candyx
Initiate

Candyx is on a distinguished road

I've been out of the loop for so long this might be redundant. Redundant.

Adrian, is there a clear crisp method for the user base to give you structured feedback? Suggestions of features, reporting of bugs etc.,? I know the support system exists, and it's great if you get locked out of our account etc., but it doesn't work well as a forum for input from the user base.

There's the suggestions forum, but it's so unstructured and crazy that there is little you'd be able to get from it. I don't expect to know the right way to deal with this, but might it be a good idea to ask the community for suggestions regarding a single topic each week/month/etc., Here's an example that might work:

We're looking at improving the way clans work, we've updated the clan interface and are working on fine tuning this at the moment. Are there any suggestions of things to add to the clan interface? Please state if your suggestion is to add a feature, correct a bug/typo or change appearance.

Please only post suggestions here, if we think a suggestion is worth implementing then we will start a thread for the suggestion where it can be discussed. (Any posts discussing other suggestions ect., will be deleted.)

I know you have limited resources. Let the community come up with the ideas, you can filter out what you think is bad/too complex to include and then spend your time actually programming.
Old 12-13-2017, 09:54 PM   #27
Adrian
NGD·Studios

Quote:
Originally Posted by Candyx View Post
I've been out of the loop for so long this might be redundant. Redundant.

Adrian, is there a clear crisp method for the user base to give you structured feedback? Suggestions of features, reporting of bugs etc.,? I know the support system exists, and it's great if you get locked out of our account etc., but it doesn't work well as a forum for input from the user base.

There's the suggestions forum, but it's so unstructured and crazy that there is little you'd be able to get from it. I don't expect to know the right way to deal with this, but might it be a good idea to ask the community for suggestions regarding a single topic each week/month/etc., Here's an example that might work:

We're looking at improving the way clans work, we've updated the clan interface and are working on fine tuning this at the moment. Are there any suggestions of things to add to the clan interface? Please state if your suggestion is to add a feature, correct a bug/typo or change appearance.

Please only post suggestions here, if we think a suggestion is worth implementing then we will start a thread for the suggestion where it can be discussed. (Any posts discussing other suggestions ect., will be deleted.)

I know you have limited resources. Let the community come up with the ideas, you can filter out what you think is bad/too complex to include and then spend your time actually programming.
We don't need any kind of fancy methods. Just posting a suggestion that is very well thought of (and not the usual "oh, I thought I'd love this in the game" but more like "this would benefit everyone"). We read all suggestions and we can realise quickly if the idea has been well thought of, meaning that the suggested changes make sense for what Regnum's client and server can provide.

I'll give you a simple but good example:

Situation: "It's annoying not to know whether the BZs are open or not."
Thoughts: "I've seen buttons in the interface blink. Also they get highlighted too. It means the interface can do that so it might be doable and easy."
Conclusion and suggestion: "Make the button blink and then stay highlighted while the BZs are open."

And a counter-example:

Situation: "I think Paladin's Aid is overpowered."
Thoughts: "I don't like it. Knights seem OP. Do something."
Conclusion and suggestion: "Change the stats, do it, if you don't I quit."

And outside the suggestions, when stating your opinions is the same thing. All opinions are subjective but it's SO easy to realise when someone writes caring about achieving a solution and WAY EASIER to realise when they just care about being right. Usually, when giving feedback, other points of views must be explored and thought, not fought. Different opinions are not "enemies" but a way of seeing yours from another point of view.

So, if for instance you hate something we've done, there's no better way to complain than giving us a counter option of what should've done. Not the usual "you done fucked up". When things go wrong it's easy to realise things should've done differently. Thinking about how and explaining could be a good virtue instead of fueling the bash train.
Old 12-13-2017, 11:36 PM   #28
Dedric Fox
Banned

Dedric Fox is on a distinguished road

Quote:
I still feel like this game can be saved, because it doesnt suffer from powercreep and at least didnt go p2w like most other mmo's (that are dead by now) do.
You will honestly sit here and believe this game isn't p2w? Its been p2w since I started in 2011, and I'm sure its been that way since before. Buying of xp boosters to get levels quicker than the next guy is p2w alone. Lets not mention the buying of boss jewels, mags and items (with real $$$) to get an advantage over the next guy, cause surely that isn't at all p2w. You think these new names hitting like trucks just so happen to get lucky? Yeah, they did. They found a seller with good product. Even with adding wm jewels, game is even more p2w. "I'll buy a x3 wmc booster so I can get these jewels in less than 30days" compared to some poor player who cant afford a 50% exp booster that's a massive advantage which gives the game a p2w feature introduced by the devs because theyd rather get cash than make quality updates. Idek why I bother in the forums or voice any kind of opinion.. game has fallen off like a drug dealer with a bad bag of dope.
Dedric Fox no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2017, 12:11 AM   #29
Candyx
Initiate

Candyx is on a distinguished road

Quote:
We don't need any kind of fancy methods. Just posting a suggestion that is very well thought of (and not the usual "oh, I thought I'd love this in the game" but more like "this would benefit everyone"). We read all suggestions and we can realise quickly if the idea has been well thought of, meaning that the suggested changes make sense for what Regnum's client and server can provide.
https://www.championsofregnum.com/fo...d.php?t=109772

The balls in your court. Please advise if this isn't thought out enough - seriously.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dedric Fox View Post
You will honestly sit here and believe this game isn't p2w?
Buying of xp boosters to get levels quicker than the next guy is p2w alone. ...
Pay to win usually only refers to ways in which you can pay to actually win. Since you can't capture a fort with $ or Xim this game isn't pay to win. There is no weapon in the game that can drop out of a lucky box that can't be dropped from a mob. It's pay to speed up, sure. But if you don't want to pay, then you just grind for longer. That's all.
Old 12-14-2017, 09:20 AM   #30
Lebeau
Banned

Location: 'B-F-Egypt', Virginia, U.S.A. (please pity & forgive us poor american fools!).
Lebeau is on a distinguished road
Question

Quote:
...posting a suggestion...(...more like "this would benefit everyone"). We read all suggestions and we can realise quickly if the idea has been well thought...meaning that the suggested changes make sense...

I'll give you a simple but good example:

Situation: "I think Paladin's Aid is overpowered."
Thoughts: "I don't like it. Knights seem OP. Do something."
Conclusion and suggestion: "Change the stats, do it, if you don't I quit."

So, if for instance you hate something we've done, there's no better way to complain than giving us a counter option of what should've done. Not the usual "you done fucked up". When things go wrong it's easy to realise things should've done differently. Thinking about how and explaining could be a good virtue instead of fueling the bash train.
Ok, your point is made, & the message received, yet still, does any of the player effort below qualify, & make the grade? No bash train here, but ALL ABOARD! anyhoo':

https://www.championsofregnum.com/fo...d.php?t=109583

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lebeau View Post
Yes, much of it is criticism, but it is constructive, and in the end, TL;DR-concise. Overall, it is an objectively fair & balanced assessment. It clearly shows what the issues are (unless you actually WANT me to post [THE-WALL-OF-TEXT] to FULLY explore & explain every last inherent nuance, permutation &/or downside), & it also offers a far better (& seemingly workable) alternative...

So, can & will it ever be done?....

If so, then roughly when?....

Any other opinions?...

?...
Lebeau no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote