This forum is closed for posting. Please, join us in our Discord server at discord.gg/regnum. See you there!

Go Back   Champions of Regnum > English > Technical Support

Technical Support Questions about game technical support to the users of the community

Old 05-28-2018, 09:12 PM   #1
kamax
Master

kamax is on a distinguished road
Default Game freeze on loading screen

Hello,

I play on my hackintosh (latest osx) with Wine 2.0.4 with 64bits (latest version give me input problem if i switch windows too often).

With the windows regnum launcher under 64 bits, the game run very very well. Nearly no crash, good fps... The only problem i have is when i try to get into bz instance (tdm) or the latest anniversary big boss instance. The game freeze 2/3 times on loading screen. I have to kill the game and start again, cross my finger it don't freeze next time.

Any advice on a setting i should check or any ay i could send some log ?

The mac version use too much CPU, even on my i7 8700k and has some bugs. It's not so great as the windows version even under wine.

Please help !!!
kamax no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2018, 05:38 PM   #2
schachteana
Master

schachteana is on a distinguished road

why wine? isnt there a Mac download link too? Other than that, since iOs is Linux-based, I'd assume you are better off running the Linux binary with noah or the like

only wild guess, I am curious too
schachteana no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2018, 08:26 PM   #3
kamax
Master

The Mac launcher use a lot of CPU, way more that a single core like on windows. I have enough power with my i7 but it's just a waste of power / heat. And the Mac launcher has a lof of weird bug other don't have. Lost focus of tchat when you type and have a invasion counter, i can't scroll power bar with only 1 mouse roll but 3 or 4...

I have read that linux users use wine too since it works better that native linux version. I don't have check this but i can only guess the windows version receive the most care of any versions.

I have play a bit with wine since and found that i no more freeze if i use windows version over windows XP in winecfg. The downside is the game is less smooth now. I still test the best combo.
Old 05-31-2018, 07:37 PM   #4
forum2658a5c
Pledge

forum2658a5c is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by kamax View Post
The Mac launcher use a lot of CPU, way more that a single core like on windows. I have enough power with my i7 but it's just a waste of power / heat. And the Mac launcher has a lof of weird bug other don't have. Lost focus of tchat when you type and have a invasion counter, i can't scroll power bar with only 1 mouse roll but 3 or 4...

I have read that linux users use wine too since it works better that native linux version. I don't have check this but i can only guess the windows version receive the most care of any versions.

I have play a bit with wine since and found that i no more freeze if i use windows version over windows XP in winecfg. The downside is the game is less smooth now. I still test the best combo.
Native linux version runs, performance wise, better on linux without wine if and only if you use proprietary graphics drivers. Yet there are some years old graphics bugs no one fixed .. such as son of the wind animation bug, or stalagmite going the other way. If you use opensource drivers (such as on amd or intel cards), there is also missing water. Running the game under wine fixes all the graphical issues, but it runs slower if you don't use opensource AMD drivers (radeonsi). With opensource radeonsi driver, you can use special version of wine compiled with support for NATIVE gallium DirectX 9 implementation. When I did that, I got 10 more FPS with AMD A10-7850 integrated graphics at 1920x1080 resolution with much nice graphical details, including shadows, correctly rendered water and more, all with stable 60 fps (vsync). Conclusion: use Wine under Linux to run regnum if you have AMD card or if you have another card and don't want graphical bugs. Otherwise use native.

I have no experience with Mac OS, can't help with that. Someone mentioned it is linux based - it is based on BSD.

Last edited by forum2658a5c; 05-31-2018 at 07:39 PM. Reason: typos
forum2658a5c no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2018, 11:13 AM   #5
kamax
Master

Ok, i have try wine 2 and 3 and 3.9 but none give good results.

If winecfg is setup for windows XP, the game run fine but get stuck on loading screen very often.

If winecfg is setup for someting above windows XP, the loading problem is mostly gone but the game is not smooth. FPS drop every 1 or 2s like a lag problem, it's unplayable.

But i found a nice solution, VMWare fusion 10. I have setup it (very easy) to run with my existing dual boot windows partition and it run nearly as well as on native windows. No freeze, not FPS drop, really nice. Don't know if virtualbox run as well but i have read VMWare is better according to some bechmark. I'm really happy with this solution even i would prefer a good native Mac laucher.

I ust have to find why the Vsync works while the game is in windowed mode but don't work in full screen mode.